ADVERTISEMENT

Sheppard ...

needs to DEMAND the damn ball. Dillingham played like a circus clown tonight. Sheppard shoots the three at over 50% from behind the arch and his teammates won't look for him when they need him the most. Dillingham completely OUT OF CONTROL and that's on Calipari. This is a team built on DISFUNCTION starting with the coaching staff. I feel sorry for all the fans that spent their hard-earned cash on hotels, travel, meals, tickets to watch this UK coaching staff and team "return to the mean" ... because it's who they are. That late season string of wins was the deviation from the mean. Calipari's statements like "we're built for March" is laughable. This team was NOT prepared to beat even a BAD Texas A&M team coached by a spectacled gopher meme. They will be lucky to be a 5 seed in the next tournament where they will once again experience an early exit. It's been said so many times, because it's true, this ... is NOT Kentucky basketball. Be sure and remember what SAM BOWIE said ... because IT'S TRUE.
Cal doesn't run set patterns or a set offense, he demands that players just go out and make plays, unfortunately for some making plays is I got the ball I am going to shoot the ball.

• Love
Reactions: mattrudd
Cal will be remembered as Coach Squander. I would take Pitino back in a second to undo the damage Cal has done and take all the time necessary to then replace Pitino when he decides to retire. Cal is poison ... since 2015. He's a terrible coach and administrator. It's really sad to even write those words but it's just time to move on. Enough.
The thing is if UK had a bright bulb in its admin this would be a no brainer. Cal would be fired the moment he’s sent home and pitino would I’m certain take peanuts to offset Cals horrendous buyout. I remember Barney said we are all about championships after losing to St. Peter’s. We need to be winning the conference or the conference tournament every year or winning titles. He said this and nothing has changed the guy is as toothless as they come.

Nobody considers conf tournament as a meaningful tournament. Nobody
It's March but the conference tournament isn't part of that statement. As long as the sec refs are around this is what UK will get
The officiating did UK no favors. It’s was absolutely atrocious and one sided. The SEC has be notoriously awful for at least a decade. It wasn’t always like this.

I have said all along that I really think Cal has a problem with Reed. I think he resents the fact that Reed is so good...better than his 5 stars. Cal know he has to play him because it would be too obvious if he didn't and you know that pisses Cal off. He had it set that Edwards and Wagner were starters and going to be drafted high. Now that Reed is projected higher than those two, I wonder if Cal is about to explode? Maybe that's why no plays are drawn up for him and he doesn't compliment Reed very often. I think Cal thought okay here is a four star, in state kid. He is probably pretty good enough to make the fans happy and I'll go with my draft guys. Then when things turned out differently, well...

Sorry for rambling again.
Cal doesn’t have a problem with Reed . He doesn’t call plays for anyone really except for Reeves at times .

Everything else has literally been guys creating for themselves and others off of the dribble

I have said all along that I really think Cal has a problem with Reed. I think he resents the fact that Reed is so good...better than his 5 stars. Cal know he has to play him because it would be too obvious if he didn't and you know that pisses Cal off. He had it set that Edwards and Wagner were starters and going to be drafted high. Now that Reed is projected higher than those two, I wonder if Cal is about to explode? Maybe that's why no plays are drawn up for him and he doesn't compliment Reed very often. I think Cal thought okay here is a four star, in state kid. He is probably pretty good enough to make the fans happy and I'll go with my draft guys. Then when things turned out differently, well...

Don't apologize ... just stating the facts. I agree with you. I feel sorry for the Travis Perry kid coming in next year, who is supposed to shoot very much like Reed. It's like Cal does resent the Kentucky kids who earn their spot, but he resents having to play them taking away from his "hand-picked" OADs time during their 1-year NBA audition. Cal cannot build a sustainable roster with this flawed system. He won't change because if he did, he would have to admit he was wrong and he won't ever do that.

Cal doesn't run set patterns or a set offense, he demands that players just go out and make plays, unfortunately for some making plays is I got the ball I am going to shoot the ball.
Exactly. He defends it but I would imagine it's easier than actually teaching considering BBN is just a bunch of BB bennies to be laughed at by Cal.

Reactions: jwphelps

It sounds absolutely crazy and very conspiracy theoryish. But I think there's some truth to it, if not completely true. Cal has issues.

The thing is if UK had a bright bulb in its admin this would be a no brainer. Cal would be fired the moment he’s sent home and pitino would I’m certain take peanuts to offset Cals horrendous buyout. I remember Barney said we are all about championships after losing to St. Peter’s. We need to be winning the conference or the conference tournament every year or winning titles. He said this and nothing has changed the guy is as toothless as they come.
Barnhart has become a huge disappointment to me. I've met him a few times and will say that he's a good man ... no doubt, but he's weak when it comes to making the tough decisions and for offering up ridiculous contracts that harm the program over time. I think this program may be in worse shape than many might believe. Cal needs to go.

Susan I have thought like the same thing for a while. I think you are 100% correct.

needs to DEMAND the damn ball. Dillingham played like a circus clown tonight. Sheppard shoots the three at over 50% from behind the arch and his teammates won't look for him when they need him the most. Dillingham completely OUT OF CONTROL and that's on Calipari. This is a team built on DISFUNCTION starting with the coaching staff. I feel sorry for all the fans that spent their hard-earned cash on hotels, travel, meals, tickets to watch this UK coaching staff and team "return to the mean" ... because it's who they are. That late season string of wins was the deviation from the mean. Calipari's statements like "we're built for March" is laughable. This team was NOT prepared to beat even a BAD Texas A&M team coached by a spectacled gopher meme. They will be lucky to be a 5 seed in the next tournament where they will once again experience an early exit. It's been said so many times, because it's true, this ... is NOT Kentucky basketball. Be sure and remember what SAM BOWIE said ... because IT'S TRUE.
I've said all year. How does this guy take 8 shots went 5 of 8 and a 50% from 3.

I think cal has a problem with reed but for different reasons. It’s the reason I believe Oscar didn’t come back in the end. Cal cannot coexist with anyone more beloved than him. It’s an ego thing. When we won the title under cal or the 2015 team cal was always the most beloved. This last time oscar took that title away from cal and it caused tension. I think it’s the same this year with reed. The difference is Jeff and Stacey are there to be on Cals face. Cal doesn’t like it and he’s melting down. He does not live in reality. He doesn’t realize how much he has fallen out with bbn: he would say it’s a few here and there but no it’s most. Cal disconnects himself in ways I didn’t think a uk coach would be able to. He’s supposed to be under a microscope but the microscope operator fell asleep at the switch

A lot of griping about the offense in this thread. Was the offense the issue tonight?
Second half we bricked a lot of open shots. Rob was good but the rest were average so yeah for this team I mean we didn’t even hit our scoring average I think.

That’s an overstatement imo. We wouldn’t have even been in the game the first half without him . I do think he tightened up in the second half. I think a lot of our guys played tight . Some the whole game .
I corrected that above. Terrible isn’t the right word. By his standards he didn’t play his A game but yeah I used the wrong verbiage there. He wasn’t good. He was a -9 3rd worst on the team. But yeah terrible no my bad

Reactions: yoshukai
This isn’t the “University of Rob Dillingham”
You play your two best lottery picks until they need to come out due to fouls or need a breather . You start them. You don’t start every damn game eight points down with them on the bench . The man is unhinged . I want to throw things I get so mad at his insanity .
over and over again and again he starts the wrong team and compounds it by crazy lineups during the game . It’s almost like it’s intentionAl and hates BBN.
He is a joke . But not a very funny one ,

Nobody considers conf tournament as a meaningful tournament. Nobody
It's March but the conference tournament isn't part of that statement. As long as the sec refs are around this is what UK will get
Dafuq did you say? This is complete crap. You can’t be a traditional UK fan saying this unless you are some millennial gen Z garbage that believes Cal walks on water type. People take vacation time from work and save up to go to the SEC tournament. Why do you think this forum gets so sideways sometimes? Because people are compassionate about this program. Every game counts. If the uniform goes on the University and tradition needs to represented and respected. That’s all there is to it. Saying that no one cares needs to be some bannable offense.

Rob was 9-19 from the field. That's a pretty damn good percentage.
Yes but if you look at those 10 misses, there were some absolutely terrible shots in there. Dillingham is a special talent but he has spurts where he is out of control. When he is on, nobody is better. Just needs to dial it back when he goes hero mode.

Reactions: IbnSaran
Sheppard literally has to do everything by himself…his coach does nothing to draw up sets to get him shots or make adjustments when the other coach adapts.
Reed didn't hit a shot in second half,that just can't happen and us win

Yes but if you look at those 10 misses, there were some absolutely terrible shots in there. Dillingham is a special talent but he has spurts where he is out of control. When he is on, nobody is better. Just needs to dial it back when he goes hero mode.
They took away Reed in second half,Reeves was on bench in foul trouble,Edwatds had 2 points,Wagner played like a Zombie,our bigs can't score, Dilly tried to put team on his back with limited success. 2 of his 5 turnovers were passes to big that couldn't catch a cold. He had over 20 points and 7 assists,it wasn't his best game for sure but for stretches in 2nd half he was the only offensive threat we had out there.

I think cal has a problem with reed but for different reasons. It’s the reason I believe Oscar didn’t come back in the end. Cal cannot coexist with anyone more beloved than him. It’s an ego thing. When we won the title under cal or the 2015 team cal was always the most beloved. This last time oscar took that title away from cal and it caused tension. I think it’s the same this year with reed. The difference is Jeff and Stacey are there to be on Cals face. Cal doesn’t like it and he’s melting down. He does not live in reality. He doesn’t realize how much he has fallen out with bbn: he would say it’s a few here and there but no it’s most. Cal disconnects himself in ways I didn’t think a uk coach would be able to. He’s supposed to be under a microscope but the microscope operator fell asleep at the switch
Excellent idea!!! I had not thought of it like that, but I can really see that!! Thanks!

Did I mention Rob led the team I'm assists? Because he did. Tbf, he also led in turnovers, but only because he was trying to make something happen.
And, herein lies one of our biggest issues on offense. It seem like our total offensive mindset is to generate everything by having a lead guard who can create off the dribble. Well, when Dillingham is in the game, he is the one most capable it seems. Trouble is, for every grest move or made basket, there’s a turnover. Sheppard and Wagner can both create, but Wagner has no shot and Shep is too passive at times and is happy to defer.
I think you have to give TAM credit for shutting down Sheppard in second half. They made adjustments, and not having Reeves for a large portion of the game also hurt.

Feels like Sheppard is shooting 94% when he shoots a pull up jumper in the lane. Wish he'd seek it more often.
This. Passed up quite a few opportunities to score that way at key times in game only to pass and have big man fumble the ball and turn it over.

Reed made some shots early then he went brain dead. Reed was tight so was entire team. One of Reeds worst gsmes as a Cat I thought. He may of gotten a big head after UT I don't know but he is MUCH. Better thsn last night

Dafuq did you say? This is complete crap. You can’t be a traditional UK fan saying this unless you are some millennial gen Z garbage that believes Cal walks on water type. People take vacation time from work and save up to go to the SEC tournament. Why do you think this forum gets so sideways sometimes? Because people are compassionate about this program. Every game counts. If the uniform goes on the University and tradition needs to represented and respected. That’s all there is to it. Saying that no one cares needs to be some bannable offense.
Ok , you care. No I've been a fan since rex Chapman was dunking all over rupp. It's just the truth.
I wish our defense were better and refs didn't screw UK every game but I realized long ago that isn't changing. The real tournament starts this coming week. We may lose there too but I feel better about the refs at least

Reactions: Skyguyb27
He was open and didn't take the shot.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Ok , you care. No I've been a fan since rex Chapman was dunking all over rupp. It's just the truth.
I wish our defense were better and refs didn't screw UK every game but I realized long ago that isn't changing. The real tournament starts this coming week. We may lose there too but I feel better about the refs at least
We all feel your pain. I been watching since I was 5. For over 40+ years UK has been a passion of mine. I can’t be emotionally invested to this circus anymore until they make changes. Why the important people at UK can’t see what this is doing to the fan base that has supported the university for their entire lives is beyond me.

Reed turned down many shots, especially in the 2nd half so somebody had to shoot- seems many guys were afraid to shoot

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT