ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Dillingham is a lock

Yeah anytime a kid goes to a Kanye west school and has gone to multipe schools in a short span there are going to be questions about Said players eligibility. It’s good news to here but until he steps foot on campus I’m not fully believing it
Duke does not seem to have problems getting anyone eligible.

But you aren’t part of the “brigade”? Lol. Just messing with you (sorta).

I’m not sure I’ve commented on Dillingham at all but Im hesitant to get pumped about him.

Wagner and Edwards I’m all in on. The other freshmen, I’ll just say I hope we land some nice portal guys soon.
I don’t have the time or energy to go back and dig it all up, I just know it was a realy hate filled thread when the rumor surfaced that he wasn’t coming.

Definitely not a cal lover, but I hate the negativity. Cal gave us some really good years and it was fun to watch. The past couple of years have been tough. I was a coach myself and know how hard it is to win consistently. I also know it’s impossible to please everyone but the negative words hurt.

I like Edwards and Wagner a lot. I think Dillingham can thrive if cal lets him play the way he wants to play. I believe reed will be tough as well. Maybe not year 1 but if sticks around, he will be fun to watch. Bradshaw is who scares me. We need another big or 2

Cal is the best recruiter ever at UK. There’s certainly a case to made against his in game coaching or head scratching substitution patterns/lineups but the guy can recruit.
You think Cal is the one doing all the recruiting?
Look at Cal's recruiting classes with Antiqua on the staff and compare them to the classes he was getting when Antiqua wasn't on the staff.

At this point, WHO CARES if Cal “gets anyone in the pro’s”????!!!!

I care how these kids make UK better and give us a shot at another NCAA Title. Shaedon Sharpe is tearing it up in the NBA, but that got UK NOTHING!!
Not only that, but how can Cal be credited for getting these kids to the pros? It’s not like Wall, Cuz, AD, Fox, Randle, Towns, Monk, MKG, SGA and Wallace weren't going to the pros without Cal.

Reactions: catben
Yeah but I constantly read that nobody wants to play for him. “Nobody” is at least the majority, which again is sewage commentary.
Well you see this is rafters. Cal is not popular here. You won’t find a lot folks that like him.

You think Cal is the one doing all the recruiting?
Look at Cal's recruiting classes with Antiqua on the staff and compare them to the classes he was getting when Antiqua wasn't on the staff.
Cal gets credit for the recruiting. It’s the only thing he has consistently excelled at. Coach O is the big gun for sure. But cal brought coach O here in the first place and then back again. You have to give thanks to the person at the head of the table when the food gets brought out.

Well you see this is rafters. Cal is not popular here. You won’t find a lot folks that like him.

I reserve to laugh at the stupid and felonious comments about him such as nobody wanting to play for him. Enjoy your night.

He's going to be a fun player to watch. There will be moments/Games where many are frustrated with him for shot selection, missing, etc But at times he will be electric.

Reactions: G-PIP
He’s gone.
Fly Im Annoyed GIF

Kyle Tucker has reported Dillingham will be at Kentucky next season, those rumors were simply just speculation.
If Kyle says it then it must be true. He is never wrong. However I never expected anything else other than he would be at UK next year.

Some are bitter because he didn't choose their school or decommitted (NC State). Some want to be proven correct about speculating on a guy's character. It's just how fans are. Other people who are deeper involved think they know what's best for someone and get upset when things go in another direction. Several things factor in. Some may have missed out on what they thought was a payday they'd be getting off being associated with him at the time.
And some want their predictions of the final death nell for Kentucky basketball and are rooting for losses at this point. I don't think many on the UK side of things want anything bad to happen to Dillingham personally, unless he doesn't play for UK next season, but they would love a total debacle of a season next year to finish pushing Calipari out the door. And it might work, if they get their wish.

And some want their predictions of the final death nell for Kentucky basketball and are rooting for losses at this point. I don't think many on the UK side of things want anything bad to happen to Dillingham personally, unless he doesn't play for UK next season, but they would love a total debacle of a season next year to finish pushing Calipari out the door. And it might work, if they get their wish.
I, for one, am not wishing for a debacle of a season to finish pushing Cal out...I fear (another) debacle of a season because we haven't pushed him out yet.

Reactions: KENTUCKY_FLYER
I haven’t been happy with Cal and his coaching, but this class moves the needle for me.

Very excited to see this kid in Kentucky blue. If Cal screws up this class, I will be highly disappointed.

Bryce Hopkins stated as such this year. He’s not in the NBA at the moment but certainly one player that has spoken about his time at UK.

I’m as down in Cal as anyone, but Toppin made Hopkins his bitch in the NCAA tournament and that’s who Hopkins would’ve been fighting for playing time against so that argument loses a lot of weight.

I’m as down in Cal as anyone, but Toppin made Hopkins his bitch in the NCAA tournament and that’s who Hopkins would’ve been fighting for playing time against so that argument loses a lot of weight.
The poster asked about any player that had spoken negatively about Cals coaching and insinuated no one ever had. Hopkins most certainly did and despite a bad game against UK he certainly had a great year. Toppin had his srruggkes throughout the year as well and yes played great against Hopkins and Providence. He pretty much disappeared again however against KState. One game doesn’t make or break an argument of any kind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT