ADVERTISEMENT

Livingston likely to stay in the draft

I hope he comes back. Great athlete but has no handle, no left hand, can’t get his own shot. True cleanup man right now
So why would he even "test the waters"?????

These kids and their "handlers" are DELUSIONAL about the player's ability level. Cal gave this kid EVERY opportunity to show what he had and he didn't do enough. He did have 15 rebounds one game, but the NBA is ALL about scoring and Chris CAN'T score consistently, YET.

And if he returns, WHY would he even think about transferring???? Edwards will play the 3, but I thought Cal preached "Positionless Basketball"?

The other thing is that while the 2nd round isn't guaranteed money.. it still might not be the worst thing to land say 40th, hope it's a decent franchise, and bet on yourself to land a deal.

But I wonder if he doesn't show out at the camps and prodays, and some playoff-contending team doesn't take a flyer on him at 25th.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Another in a long line of disappointments recently.
When exactly did things change to players putting themselves first rather than sacrificing for the good of the team. From the beginning of Cal’s era until through IQ and Maxey I thought all our players realized by sacrificing everybody wins. But I think starting with Hagans and Whitney things took a turn to “Me First”

I love the kid and really hate to see him screwup. He is the exact type of player who should come back .he is not picked in any draft projection I have seen in the top 120. .
transfering is another issue . I don’t see why he doesn’t think he will play for Cal since he finally broke the starting lineup and has played significantly.
However if he doesn’t think Cal’s style fits his game to jaximi his potential that’s another matter . However , it will b a colossal mistake to go to the pros and get lost in the G league

So why would he even "test the waters"?????

These kids and their "handlers" are DELUSIONAL about the player's ability level. Cal gave this kid EVERY opportunity to show what he had and he didn't do enough. He did have 15 rebounds one game, but the NBA is ALL about scoring and Chris CAN'T score consistently, YET.

And if he returns, WHY would he even think about transferring???? Edwards will play the 3, but I thought Cal preached "Positionless Basketball"?
Because getting drafted late 1st - 2nd round is as much political as anything. Agents and reps promise teams to steer other clients their way or they’ve already made a deal for a team to help them out the next time they have a fringe client. So they push their guys towards those decisions.

Unbelievably sad that he actually leaves for the draft and doesn’t come back and have a MAJOR year next year. Livingston is the PERFECT example of a guy who needs to stay and get better. His 2nd or 3rd year in college he could be a monster and be one of the best players in the country. This is why we dont ever have that dude…that one dude that totally changes the game and is a dog. Like Kansas has every year.
And I'm willing to put money on whoever is here after Calipari WILL NOT be encouraging kids to leave before they're ready, and WON'T be crapping on the University of Kentucky with "draft night is the greatest night in Kentucky. The new coach is going to recruit kids who come here KNOWING that they're not guaranteed playing time and that they'll have to invest time learning both ends of the court. Bank on this.

The old culture of having loyalty to Kentucky Basketball is broken, dead, etc. No elite level talent will ever again come to UK because of the program's tradition. UK is now just a weigh station for the NBA. It may be the same at Dook, UNCheat and Kansas as well but, it certainly seems worse here.
So, the next time I read a comment on this board about being loyal to our players...I make puke.

The old culture of having loyalty to Kentucky Basketball is broken, dead, etc. No elite level talent will ever again come to UK because of the program's tradition. UK is now just a weigh station for the NBA. It may be the same at Dook, UNCheat and Kansas as well but, it certainly seems worse here.
So, the next time I read a comment on this board about being loyal to our players...I make puke.

Reed is coming because of our tradition.

There are still players out there that appreciate what Kentucky is, what it means to be part of a team, and who want to win the NCAA tournament. Cal just doesn’t recruit them, nor does he know how to coach them.

How in the world does a guy like Livingston think he first round pick? I like the confidence but this is ridiculous but doesn't surprise me seems this always happens with Kentucky

Reactions: Fox2monk
How is he a headache
Cal bent over backwards and met every demand by him and his people. He started and played the 3, just like he wanted. He had EVERY opportunity to prove what he was. Now he wants to either go to the draft or transfer?! Lmao you can’t make this shit up. Just incredible. 🤦‍♂️

Ummmm his production and his actual skillset is average at best.
Again, the NBA drafts on potential. After 12 years you would think our fans pick up on this.
Well, you know this..... You just want another reason to bash someone and be negative. You were saying the same thing about keldon johnson and he proved all the fans wrong

Hey Chris, I think I am a first round pick too but for some reason NBA scouts don't agree with me. I guess none of the teams have a need for a old dude who can't shoot so maybe you will have better luck than me.

Again, the NBA drafts on potential. After 12 years you would think our fans pick up on this.
Well, you know this..... You just want another reason to bash someone and be negative. You were saying the same thing about keldon johnson and he proved all the fans wrong
Keldon actually had a good year to go along with his potential. Livingston is basically in a very similar position to PJ after his freshman year. I personally think PJ was a much better prospect but the point remains. I personally have never been high on Livingston as a prospect so if he decides now is the time he'll never make an impact in the NBA.

I’m betting that both, we return someone not expecting and we lose someone we expect to keep.
Doubt it. I would say most expect the following to leave: Oscar, Toppin, Wallace, CJ, Wheeler
Then expectations were for these to stay: Reeves, Thiero, Ugonna, Livingston
That was a general consensus after the season CJ could be either one but I never thought he'd be back.

I think it's looking more likely we take a bigger hit losing all the expected and even 1 or 2 of the unexpected.

Doubt it. I would say most expect the following to leave: Oscar, Toppin, Wallace, CJ, Wheeler
Then expectations were for these to stay: Reeves, Thiero, Ugonna, Livingston
That was a general consensus after the season CJ could be either one but I never thought he'd be back.

I think it's looking more likely we take a bigger hit losing all the expected and even 1 or 2 of the unexpected.
Correct from my perspective as well. Who I think SHOULD and there is no reason not to expect to stay are those that you listed. Reeves, Thiero, Ugonna, Livingston, and Ware. Those are the guys that should be coming back. The only people who could return that would surprise me are also those that you listed - Oscar, Toppin, Wallace, Wheeler, and CJ.

Chances are much more likely we lose someone who we shouldn't be losing than any of those other guys surprising us and returning.

You can determine why but the reality is that a significant number of players with real potential to contribute the following year don't stick around UK to be on the next team.

stupid Texas, why didn't you offer this man $12m a year to coach? He's a HOF coach, just ask his 4 supporters on this board!

Correct from my perspective as well. Who I think SHOULD and there is no reason not to expect to stay are those that you listed. Reeves, Thiero, Ugonna, Livingston, and Ware. Those are the guys that should be coming back. The only people who could return that would surprise me are also those that you listed - Oscar, Toppin, Wallace, Wheeler, and CJ.

Chances are much more likely we lose someone who we shouldn't be losing than any of those other guys surprising us and returning.
I think the most likely surprise return might just be CJ. He’s intrigued about having a full off-season at UK to work on his game where he’s not rehabbing an injury. Would be nice to have him if he could just shoot 40% from deep, never mind 47%. A healthy CJ and Reeves would be a great start at getting some shooting in here. As well as some experience.

I think the most likely surprise return might just be CJ. He’s intrigued about having a full off-season at UK to work on his game where he’s not rehabbing an injury. Would be nice to have him if he could just shoot 40% from deep, never mind 47%. A healthy CJ and Reeves would be a great start at getting some shooting in here. As well as some experience.
Yeah, it's not that I would mind CJ returning. It would be nice. Just not sure how much we can expect from him either way.

If we can't keep Livingston for at least a 2nd year I don't see how anyone here could argue that what we are doing is working. There is no reason for him to leave. None. Won't be a 1st round pick, no reason to transfer.
Cal has painted himself into a corner with selling the OAD so hard. Guys won't come back because their expectation of OAD was set up front by Cal. Coming back would mean failure to them. So, they're gonna leave, whether they're ready or not. Plus, there's always idiots in the player's camps telling them what they want to hear, not what they need to hear.

Cal has painted himself into a corner with selling the OAD so hard. Guys won't come back because their expectation of OAD was set up front by Cal. Coming back would mean failure to them. So, they're gonna leave, whether they're ready or not. Plus, there's always idiots in the player's camps telling them what they want to hear, not what they need to hear.
Yep. Come here because I’m your ticket to the NBA. They’ve already made their decision before they even get here.

Not surprising. If players aren't going to the league after one year, they don't get much, if any development at UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT