ADVERTISEMENT

Let's assume we play Texas AM in the first game...

I'd argue in a UK rematch

1. They play their main guys heavy minutes...so having to play UK with our depth will get into their legs in 2nd half regardless. And Texas AM relies on playing harder as their opponent as their skill level leaves alot to be desired. So fatigue would be for UK assuming we don't fall into a deep hole in first half.
2. BIg Z wasn't around for the Texas AM game first time around....he can change the floor stretching that we didnt' do first game.
3. Edwards is UK's 3rd best player now (behind Reed and Reeves....I'd put him ahead of Dilly today). Edwards was maybe our 6th best player in January when we played Texas AM. So having Edwards on the floor for not just shooting....but his length to defend wings will make life much different for Radford or Taylor (I'll assume we'll be going longer on them vs. shorter defenders in Wagner, Dilly, Reed).
4. Not going to blame on refs....but that game was sort of silly to watch Radford/Taylor dribble into traffic, bump into defenders and get to the FT line like they did. I hope the whistle is better...I feel like UK's D is better and Edwards/Adou draw more of the assignment on those two guys and we make them shoot over us not thru us.
Edwards has improved but he is not our 3rd best player. You would really pick him over Reed,Dilly,and Reeves? He has had 3 good games out of nearly 30 played ,come on

Just looked it up Texas A&M shoots 27.8% from 3 that is 360th out of 363 teams.
They hit 12 3's vs us in their 1st game (12/32 for 37.5%)

So they shot over their heads against us and they had 2 players combine for 49 pts.

I want another shot at them
I was at that game, court level. They play very physical and yes, they shot it well. But I’ll be happy if we walk away without injuries. They foul hard!

Edwards has improved but he is not our 3rd best player. You would really pick him over Reed,Dilly,and Reeves? He has had 3 good games out of nearly 30 played ,come on
Dilly is the one to debate....

1. Dilly is more explosive offensively for sure...and he can play make for others off the dribble
2. Edwards is longer...he's actually not a terrible defender anymore in addition to his offensive uptick (unlike Dilly who is targeted a ton by other teams) and Justin can go grab some tough rebounds (which Dilly doesn't do as a 6'1 guard).

So while I love Dilly....he does have limitations. And Justin has closed the gap significantly on offensive end and his natural size makes him a better defender, rebounder, etc...

I just think the 3rd best player isn't a given that it's Dilly any more.

A&M's guards hit absurd shots in their gym, and UK gave that one away. (Let's burn the tape from OT and act like it never happened.)

I think UK rolls in the quarters, assuming they are hyped to play and Cal actually gives a sh*t.

I am all for the revenge tour in the SECT.

Give me A&M, then Florida, and finally SC (or LSU) to win it

I actually think we play A&M, Bama, and Auburn to win it all, but I prefer the revenge tour I mentioned above.
Agree but Florida is beating bama

Dilly is the one to debate....

1. Dilly is more explosive offensively for sure...and he can play make for others off the dribble
2. Edwards is longer...he's actually not a terrible defender anymore in addition to his offensive uptick (unlike Dilly who is targeted a ton by other teams) and Justin can go grab some tough rebounds (which Dilly doesn't do as a 6'1 guard).

So while I love Dilly....he does have limitations. And Justin has closed the gap significantly on offensive end and his natural size makes him a better defender, rebounder, etc...

I just think the 3rd best player isn't a given that it's Dilly any more.
We will agree to disagree on that one.

I would prefer meeting A & M, Florida, and South Carolina. Each of them present their own challenges and it would be good preparation for the NCAA. Easy games are not what is needed. But overcoming physical play, or a team that can shoot the ball, or have quick guards, or a talented center, is all good practice.

Reactions: Texcat59
Yeah, I expect Texas A&M to beat Ole Miss, but it will be closer than the game they just played. And in a rematch, they will have UK's full attention, which is bad news for the Aggies. This UK team is playing so much better than they were back then, and A&M won't have their home crowd pumping them up all day. That's gonna be a UK win. I would guess we win that one comfortably.
Hopefully the a&m vs ole miss game goes into 4 overtimes

Reactions: IL Wildcat
I just want an easier game to open the tourney.

Looks like that won't happen.
That’s the thing with getting the double bye, you’re pretty much guaranteed to play pretty good team in your first game , and one that’s already had a game to get acclimated to the the venue.

Just get through the SEC Tournament without suffering any injuries. That is always my biggest concern going into the SEC Tournament in years where UK appears poised to make a deep run in the NCAAs...

UK has just had so much bad luck with injuries, it seems at least, recently.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT