ADVERTISEMENT

Let's assume we play Texas AM in the first game...

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
They just beat Ole Miss to death so I'll pick them to beat Miss in the game before us although I think it will be closer.
AM beat us 97-92 in Jan. Much like the rematch yesterday with Tenn I think we win, pulling away in the second half.
Let the revenge tour continue. We are so much better now compared to Jan. AM will be physical but I think we can handle it.
We are playing our best BB at the right time.

I'd argue in a UK rematch

1. They play their main guys heavy minutes...so having to play UK with our depth will get into their legs in 2nd half regardless. And Texas AM relies on playing harder as their opponent as their skill level leaves alot to be desired. So fatigue would be for UK assuming we don't fall into a deep hole in first half.
2. BIg Z wasn't around for the Texas AM game first time around....he can change the floor stretching that we didnt' do first game.
3. Edwards is UK's 3rd best player now (behind Reed and Reeves....I'd put him ahead of Dilly today). Edwards was maybe our 6th best player in January when we played Texas AM. So having Edwards on the floor for not just shooting....but his length to defend wings will make life much different for Radford or Taylor (I'll assume we'll be going longer on them vs. shorter defenders in Wagner, Dilly, Reed).
4. Not going to blame on refs....but that game was sort of silly to watch Radford/Taylor dribble into traffic, bump into defenders and get to the FT line like they did. I hope the whistle is better...I feel like UK's D is better and Edwards/Adou draw more of the assignment on those two guys and we make them shoot over us not thru us.

Last edited:

1. They play their main guys heavy minutes...so having to play UK with our depth will get into their legs in 2nd half regardless. And Texas AM relies on playing harder as their opponent as their skill level leaves alot to be desired. So fatigue would be for UK assuming we don't fall into a deep hole in first half.
2. BIg Z wasn't around for the Texas AM game first time around....he can change the floor stretching that we didnt' do first game.
3. Mitchell is UK's 3rd best player now (behind Reed and Reeves....I'd put him ahead of Dilly today). Edwards was maybe our 6th best player in January when we played Texas AM. So having Edwards on the floor for not just shooting....but his length to defend wings will make life much different for Radford or Taylor (I'll assume we'll be going longer on them vs. shorter defenders in Wagner, Dilly, Reed).
4. Not going to blame on refs....but that game was sort of silly to watch Radford/Taylor dribble into traffic, bump into defenders and get to the FT line like they did. I hope the whistle is better...I feel like UK's D is better and Edwards/Adou draw more of the assignment on those two guys and we make them shoot over us not thru us.
Wait. You legitimately think Mitchell is our third best player? Holy hell. I’m not sure he’s even top 7. He’s unplayable

Texas A&M hit a dozen shots in that earlier game that they almost never hit in their other 30 games.

Kentucky played one of its worse games, and without Z —and with Edwards still looking for his game. Also, Bradshaw barely played and didn’t score in that game. And Kentucky still had a good look by Dillingham to win in regulation —on TAMU’s home court.

Throw in the quick turnaround for A&M and you have to like Kentucky’s chances.

Last edited:

3. Mitchell is UK's 3rd best player now (behind Reed and Reeves....I'd put him ahead of Dilly today). Edwards was maybe our 6th best player in January when we played Texas AM. So having Edwards on the floor for not just shooting....but his length to defend wings will make life much different for Radford or Taylor (I'll assume we'll be going longer on them vs. shorter defenders in Wagner, Dilly, Reed).
Mitchell is UKs third best player? Are you serious?

The guy sucks and is the laziest player on the team. He shouldn't play more than 5 min a game, and even that is being generous.

3. Edwards is UK's 3rd best player now (behind Reed and Reeves....I'd put him ahead of Dilly today). Edwards was maybe our 6th best player in January when we played Texas AM. So having Edwards on the floor for not just shooting....but his length to defend wings will make life much different for Radford or Taylor (I'll assume we'll be going longer on them vs. shorter defenders in Wagner, Dilly, Reed).
I love Tre but he’s unplayable right now. He’s def MOT ahead of Dilly. That’s insanity.

Reactions: gharding07
Texas A&M is NET 46 and it should go up even higher if they beat Ole Miss again so it would present a quad 1 game for Kentucky while Ole Miss is only NET 89 which would mean only a quad 2 game.

So beating A&M not only would gain a measure of revenge it would also gain a Q1 win to our resume.

They are like 363th in 3 point shooting I heard in their last game.

A&M can be a dangerous team if Taylor and Radford get hot from 3. It doesn’t happen that often as those guys shot 30% and 27% on the year, but they were a combined 9/19 against us and 7/18 against Tennessee in their two big wins in conference play. Hopefully catching them on their second game back to back and even a modest improvement over our defensive effort from January should be enough to get us past them. We will need to take them seriously though.

Just looked it up Texas A&M shoots 27.8% from 3 that is 360th out of 363 teams.
They hit 12 3's vs us in their 1st game (12/32 for 37.5%)

So they shot over their heads against us and they had 2 players combine for 49 pts.

I want another shot at them

That game was infuriating to watch in person but I love our chances in a rematch. I want the Aggies bad, especially if they’ll be a Q1 win.

Reactions: gharding07
Texas A&M hit a dozen shots in that earlier game that they almost never hit in their other 30 games.

Kentucky played one of its worse games, and without Z —and with Edwards still looking for his game. Also, Bradshaw barely played and didn’t score in that game. And Kentucky still had a good look by Dillingham to win in regulation —on TAMU’s home court.

I have said that many times in the past and gotten burned. So often it seems the team that played the day before has gotten over the tounament jitters or something. I just hope you are right this time around.

Seen too many times in SEC where a team blows out another in regular season only to get beat by that same team the next week in the tourney. UK has even had games where we killed someone (vandy if i remember) in regular season last week only to lose or have a close game the next week in the tourney.

I will wait to see whom we shall lace them up against.

aTm will be playing for an at large bid... will play their hearts out... won't be enough.

Another plus for Kentucky over TAMU is that we will have 10000 fans in Nashville. The Aggies will be lucky to bring 100. Probably get other team's fans to boo us though.

Excited for the SEC tournament but last year I was as well and we flamed out vs Vandy in our 1st game.

Cal seems to not care about this tournament he said it again yesterday just hope the players care.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Another plus for Kentucky over TAMU is that we will have 10000 fans in Nashville. The Aggies will be lucky to bring 100. Probably get other team's fans to boo us though.
I think that number will be closer to 15k. If my past experience at the SEC is correct. It’s truly 2x louder than Rupp on its good days.

I like our path to the finals, and I believe winning the SECT is very possible. In one game playing at our best, I like UK va any team. The only question is if we can avoid a poor game. We have won several in a row, and we need to win 9 more. Still, each game is one at a time.

Seen too many times in SEC where a team blows out another in regular season only to get beat by that same team the next week in the tourney. UK has even had games where we killed someone (vandy if i remember) in regular season last week only to lose or have a close game the next week in the tourney.

I will wait to see whom we shall lace them up against.
1986 LSU is the worst example of this

Reactions: blue cincy
while UT would clearly be a big test, I want this team to face USC again.

They physically bullied UK and made them wilt. The players need to exorcise that demon

while UT would clearly be a big test, I want this team to face USC again.

They physically bullied UK and made them wilt. The players need to exorcise that demon
I think we’d handle them much better this go round. UT was physical as hell down I. Knoxville and we didn’t wilt.

Yeah, I expect Texas A&M to beat Ole Miss, but it will be closer than the game they just played. And in a rematch, they will have UK's full attention, which is bad news for the Aggies. This UK team is playing so much better than they were back then, and A&M won't have their home crowd pumping them up all day. That's gonna be a UK win. I would guess we win that one comfortably.

Tamu will be very tough. I look for them to play their A game. Everyone does against us. We are more established more physical than when we played them last wo Thiero and ivisic. Ugo wasn’t worth much then either.

how about ugo and his mins. His blocks have really helped our defense. Plus it seems like we score off those blocks.

I am all for the revenge tour in the SECT.

Give me A&M, then Florida, and finally SC (or LSU) to win it

I actually think we play A&M, Bama, and Auburn to win it all, but I prefer the revenge tour I mentioned above.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT