ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron elbows Isaiah Stewart in the face then Stewart goes after him.

As someone who likes Lebron, that was as blatant an elbow to the face I've ever seen. He should get a a multiple game suspension at least.
i’m in the same boat. i’ve actually always mostly liked lebron and it was clear as day to me.

you can tell by the look on his face he’s annoyed by stewart. guess he thinks stewart was a little too physical on the block out but lebron overreacted massively taking a shot at him like that.

Stewart was channeling Wildfire Tommy Rich. Tommy would get Fired Up when the blood started streaming giving him a crimson mask.
As for the play Stewart was obviously pushing James hard enough with his legs and arms to lose balance. James swung back to get rid of the arm check. Missed and hit him in the face. Rough play from both but neither seemed intentionally dirty. My thought on the play is Stewart should have spun baseline to get around Jordan instead of trying to fight through that particular double blockout. I’ve took many elbows and hands to th face that resulted in stitches or bloody moutths/noses nearly all were accidental.
That’s not what the video shows. The floor cam shows him lining up the punch.

It wasn’t intentional. All you have to do watch it. It was incidental. Just got blown up because of who it was. Truth be told, didn’t see any of those bitches on either side really wanting any of it.
Weak.

That's like saying that when three bank robbers took down a score and robbed a bank, they really only intended to take the money. Yeah, they had to kill three pedestrians and two cops along the way, but that wasn't their intent. They only intended to take the money. Collateral damage, ya know...

If Lebron does that much damage with that little of contact, I don't think Stewart going to be able to handle Lebron alone.
I’ve had to get stitches before because of a completely accidental elbow to the eyebrow, it doesn’t take much with elbows.

Reactions: KyCatFan
I’ve had to get stitches before because of a completely accidental elbow to the eyebrow, it doesn’t take much with elbows.
Some areas definitely don't take a huge amount of damage to have a lot of blood. First time I shot my compact 9mm (actually first time ever shooting a handgun) I didn't quite have my thumb positioned right and the slide sliced open my thumb. Bled like a stuck pig. I had a trail of blood going from the outdoor range to the bathroom. Someone probably thought a person got shot. Lesson learned that day.
P2pL45u.jpeg

Lebron hit him intentionally, and by the looks of it very hard. Dude was leakin'. I used to be a huge lebron fanboy, since he visited UK that one time but now I can't stand the guy. People are always saying it's him or Jordan as the best of all time, but in my book that's Kareem. Dude was a monster

Reactions: chevyman 50
I dont care how big you are.. soft is soft. Lebron might catch someone with an elbow.. doesn't mean he wins in a fight.

Pretty evident that Lebron wants no smoke.. whether on court, in politics, in anything really. Stewart was coming like a ****ing train.

Can't think of a player that I loved for years, YEARS! .. that I can't stand now.

I mean.. Detroit just gonna let it be a 1 on 8 fight for long?

Half those Lakers names ain't doing shit.

Given his size, strength, and athletic ability; LeBron is the softest player in NBA history. Although it's sort of not his fault since he's been pampered and protected since about age 14.

AD definitely isn't doing anything. He let guys strip him naked and spank him in the locker room. If you let that happen, you definitely aren't up for physical confrontation

I’m not old enough (30) to remember any league where guys would just play on after something like that. If it was the case where the refs overlooked it Id bet The farm the players wouldnt. They’d either brawl or get a shot of their own on the next play.

To the general thread, that was intentional. slow mo and top down confirmed it for me. Lebron was trying to free elbow, then glanced at the guy and took his shot.

What also bothers me is how the casters are mocking and belittling Stewart as some sort of crazed animal for wanting revenge. The dude just got cheap shotted in the eye so hard he had blood waterfalling down his cheek. Of course he want revenge. I can’t stand people that look down on people for having human reactions to things.

Ah ok, I wasn’t talking about the players. I was talking about the officials caring, and others watching thinking anything about it.

@UK90 players in any era wouldn’t overlook that of course. I was more or less talking about that shot being newsworthy and officials wanting to eject players of over it.

Stewart - baller that got pissed

James- millionaire

When it looks like there is gonna be a fight, who's ducking for cover?

Obviously if that was a PG, James would have stood in. But why does an older, richer, have-it-all King James want to RISK embarrassment, ever?

And thats fine! BUT don't dish it out if you aren't going to take it. His teammates shouldn't have to carry his laundry. Good on them for doing it, but shame him for going all LaBronnette so they had to.

Stewart - baller that got pissed

James- millionaire

When it looks like there is gonna be a fight, who's ducking for cover?

Obviously if that was a PG, James would have stood in. But why does an older, richer, have-it-all King James want to RISK embarrassment, ever?

And thats fine! BUT don't dish it out if you aren't going to take it. His teammates shouldn't have to carry his laundry. Good on them for doing it, but shame him for going all LaBronnette so they had to.
That’s laughable. Stewart didn’t go ape sh*t until others got between them. When he had LeBron squared up for a few seconds he was calm.

Say what you want about LeBron, but he’s never been known as a dirty player. Still though, that was definitely a dirty play by him, and an easy flagrant 2 ejection. However, Stewart waited until LeBron was farther away and people were between them to start wanting to go after him. It was kinda silly…

Reactions: michaeluk26
Weak.

That's like saying that when three bank robbers took down a score and robbed a bank, they really only intended to take the money. Yeah, they had to kill three pedestrians and two cops along the way, but that wasn't their intent. They only intended to take the money. Collateral damage, ya know...
That’s your opinion. I shared mine. Stupid comparison

Exactly. No way Lebron wanted to cut the guy, but it was an elbow swing with purpose.

Any Pistons fan from the 80's would have called it "Basketball the way it should be played".

And those 80s pistons fans knew next trip down laimbeer would put him two rows deep in the crowd. That's why there were no fake tough guys back then. You took a swing, there was retaliation either by fight or foul.

When it was understood that sports are physical that’s all just a play on.
THAT has never been a play on. Never. Do that at the park during a pickup game and somebody's going to the ER. Do it in a game and at a minimum somebody's getting tossed. Dirty play. Is Brun a dirty player, somebody else can argue about that.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I dont care how big you are.. soft is soft. Lebron might catch someone with an elbow.. doesn't mean he wins in a fight.

Pretty evident that Lebron wants no smoke.. whether on court, in politics, in anything really. Stewart was coming like a ****ing train.

Can't think of a player that I loved for years, YEARS! .. that I can't stand now.
7 posts before politics was mentioned.

Reactions: wentzel25
Too bad Stewart didnt get to pound LeChina into the ground. Wouldve been the best thing to happen in the NBA in years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT