ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron elbows Isaiah Stewart in the face then Stewart goes after him.

Stewart was channeling his inner Jim Brown breaking tackles around the 1:05 mark of that video.

I wouldn’t mess with that dude, he’s a rare throwback resembling those old 90s NBA enforcer types that’ve largely gone extinct from today’s game. I don’t think that would’ve ended well for Lebron if others hadn’t been there to stop Stewart from getting to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
Looks like LeBron was just ripping his arm loose from Stewart and caught him in the face with his knuckles. I don't see this an intentional but done by accident under frustration. Anyway Stewart bleeding all over people was more egregious than anything else in that play. I wonder how many people are packing home his blood on their person.
You are Sh$$$ing us , right? If not , you are as big an a$% as China James!

Lebron was about to get whooped I woulda had a $1000 on Stewart 🤣. Lecrap was scared as hell you can see in his face and body language especially when Stewart tried to truck through the last time. 😂
Dirty move.

When it was understood that sports are physical that’s all just a play on.
Oh, horseshit. A shot to the eye that draws a stream of blood like that has never just been considered “a play on.” Not in any of our major team sports, nor in other eras.

I know that’s a theme you like to push on this board (and sometimes it’s accurate), but you’re way off base this time. There’s never been a time when that shot would’ve been simply ignored with a “play on” response. To the contrary, in past eras, players would’ve likely responded with a nastier and uglier brawl.

Last edited:
If Stewart really wanted to fight then he would have swung when he was in LeBron’s face before anyone got between them. It was only after people got between them that he started going crazy.
Once he started bleeding a lot it fired him up

Lebron was about to get whooped I woulda had a $1000 on Stewart 🤣. Lecrap was scared as hell you can see in his face and body language especially when Stewart tried to truck through the last time. 😂
Dirty move.
Another 5 year old making up names.

Stewart was channeling Wildfire Tommy Rich. Tommy would get Fired Up when the blood started streaming giving him a crimson mask.
As for the play Stewart was obviously pushing James hard enough with his legs and arms to lose balance. James swung back to get rid of the arm check. Missed and hit him in the face. Rough play from both but neither seemed intentionally dirty. My thought on the play is Stewart should have spun baseline to get around Jordan instead of trying to fight through that particular double blockout. I’ve took many elbows and hands to th face that resulted in stitches or bloody moutths/noses nearly all were accidental.

Stewart was channeling Wildfire Tommy Rich. Tommy would get Fired Up when the blood started streaming giving him a crimson mask.
As for the play Stewart was obviously pushing James hard enough with his legs and arms to lose balance. James swung back to get rid of the arm check. Missed and hit him in the face. Rough play from both but neither seemed intentionally dirty. My thought on the play is Stewart should have spun baseline to get around Jordan instead of trying to fight through that particular double blockout. I’ve took many elbows and hands to th face that resulted in stitches or bloody moutths/noses nearly all were accidental.
I love rasslin references.

Reactions: bthaunert
You are Sh$$$ing us , right? If not , you are as big an a$% as China James!

The first few angles I saw looked to be unintentional. I've seen a few different ones since and it looks really bad on Lebron's end of it. As for LeBron, I've lost a lot of respect for him with the entire keeping quiet about China.

• Haha
Reactions: screwduke1
So you think Stewart is to blame for bleeding so much? LOL.
The context was about infection control and him bleeding all over his teammates due to him trying to fight them to get to LeBron. LeBron may of had it coming but everyone else trying to help him didn't.

If Stewart really wanted to fight then he would have swung when he was in LeBron’s face before anyone got between them. It was only after people got between them that he started going crazy.
Not really. I’ve seen that sort of “delayed reaction” in fights before. When guys get hit with an unexpected head shot, they’ll first briefly see stars as the brain is still processing exactly what just happened.

But then, after the head clears and they see the blood, THAT’s when they snap and go apeshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Tough to say a player with some of the best vision in the game didn’t see where he was sending that fist.

Reactions: UK90
Oh, horseshit. A shot to the eye that draws a stream of blood like that has never just been considered “a play on.” Not in any of our major team sports, nor in other eras.

I know that’s a theme you like to push on this board (and sometimes it’s accurate), but you’re way off base this time. There’s never been a time when that shot would’ve been simply ignored with a “play on” response. To the contrary, in past eras, players would’ve likely responded with a nastier and uglier brawl.

Are you telling me that exact type of contact was never overlooked in the NBA?

Getting an elbow / forearm is no excuse to act like a toddler having a temper tantrum, but it was still entertaining.

I like how he kept acting like he had cooled off, and as soon as they stopped restraining him, he bolted away in berserker mode. Lebron is lucky there were two dozen people in between them.

I would've loved to have seen stewart come charging out the tunnel behind the lakers bench and steal james before anybody could react to impede him....clean shot
Stewart after the game waiting in the parking lot.
baby-walking.gif

Lebron made sure to stay WAAAAAAAYYYYY back from Stewart once he realized that he wasn't going to let this go. Lebron allowed his smaller teammates to be used as a hedge against Stewart coming ANYWHERE NEAR him.

Was it intentional, I don't think so. BUT, did Lebron CARE that his swipe COULD hit Stewart and potentially hurt him, MOST DEFINITELY NOT!!!

What a WOOSE!!!
There’s a video from someone in the stands that shows after Stewart broke free the second time, LeBron grabbed a ref and put him in front of him lol.

Are you telling me that exact type of contact was never overlooked in the NBA?
I’m not old enough (30) to remember any league where guys would just play on after something like that. If it was the case where the refs overlooked it Id bet The farm the players wouldnt. They’d either brawl or get a shot of their own on the next play.

To the general thread, that was intentional. slow mo and top down confirmed it for me. Lebron was trying to free elbow, then glanced at the guy and took his shot.

What also bothers me is how the casters are mocking and belittling Stewart as some sort of crazed animal for wanting revenge. The dude just got cheap shotted in the eye so hard he had blood waterfalling down his cheek. Of course he want revenge. I can’t stand people that look down on people for having human reactions to things.

Last edited:
The funniest thing I’ve seen about this so far is a tweet saying that LeBron would have left the game on a helicopter if that had been him lmfao!
Apparently Isaiah Stewart grew up boxing. From what I've read from a Twitter post it was his first love. So the helicopter ride might not have been too far fetched.

There’s a video from someone in the stands that shows after Stewart broke free the second time, LeBron grabbed a ref and put him in front of him lol.
I don’t understand how anyone could be fan of such a giant wimp. and people think because he’s big hed be a tough fight. Please. Dude is a prima donna with a spoon fed life who can’t even fight his own battles.

send that clown to china where he belongs.

I don’t understand how anyone could be fan of such a giant wimp. and people think because he’s big hed be a tough fight. Please. Dude is a prima donna with a spoon fed life who can’t even fight his own battles.

send that clown to china where he belongs.
You know this was only his second ejection ever? I can’t believe he’s only done something twice to deserve ejection in all the games he’s played.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT