ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Tucker’s damning article on Mitch Barnhart

As others have said, this is a teenage level attempt to distract from the issues Cal has.

Don't look at how bad I failed, let me show you what Mitch did.

It's kind of sad really.

Get rid of them both, case closed
This is what a lot of competent managers do if both parties are acting like children. You don’t fire one of them. You axe both their asses.

Some of you amaze me. And not in a good way. 95% of us hate Cal....but you are mad at MB because he hates him too. Get your story straight.
I hate him because he ruined a very good football program by funding NOTHING for football in his first DECADE here. The only thing that saved us after 20,000 season ticket holders didn't renew their season tickets is because the other football programs started throwing obscene money at us from THEIR football programs.

Argue with the FACTS.

Last edited:
If this is true mitch should be fired. Especially in regards to the support staff that cal wants at this point he’s just being an Ass. Cal should also be fired for our sorry performance on the court. Particularly if we don’t make the tournament. Two things can be true.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
https://theathletic.com/4082160/2023/01/12/john-calipari-kentucky-mailbag/

A snippet: “Calipari has already secured pledges of about $30 million in private funding — mostly from his former players in the NBA — but Barnhart refuses to let him proceed with planning a facility.”

Mitch has essentially alienated the basketball program. He needs to go.
The part Kyle left out? The Craft Center cost $30M in 2007. What Cal wants is a $100M. How are your math skills?
If Cal wants to go raise another $70M and still gets a no then we can blame Mitch. As of right now he’s $70M short.

I hate him because he ruined a very good football program by funding NOTHING for football in his first DECADE here. The only thing that saved us after 20,000 season ticket holders didn't renew their season tickets is because the other football programs started throwing obscene money at us from THEIR football programs.

Argue with the FACTS.
Ruined a very good football program? What drugs are you taking? They must be hallucinations as you’re out of your mind. Did Mitch have anything to do with Ray, Curci, Claiborne, Curry or Mumme all having losing records at UK?

Reactions: DrH. Lecter
You know…
Someone made a comment about “crickets” from the President and Board
Don’t they usually do a lot behind the scenes? And we don’t hear until after the fact?
How do we know they aren’t working to resolve all issues?
Given the rumors we’re hearing and @UKortho ‘s thread
Maybe they ARE acting. I don’t think they’ll air all the dirty laundry. That’ll only hurt the university.

Maybe it IS a case of we need to pay more attention to what we’re not hearing right now

Cal shoulda shut the hell up and waited his turn. I can see Mitch getting mad b/c of that hell i woulda too. But going into a corner and pouting and not working with your coach is some immature sphomoric bullShit that serves no purpose and is actually a dereliction of his job. So much for that Christian on a sleeve BS he projects.
Damn its infuriating!! And where the hell is Capadickshit president in all of this. Board of Trustees???? Goddamn crickets🤯🤯🤯🤯
I know what you are saying but how do we know there is not work going on behind the scenes? They surely wouldn’t post on this site what was going on. I would bet anything there are deals going on right now to relieve Cal of his duties. Will be revealed soon. We all need to hang tight.

The part Kyle left out? The Craft Center cost $30M in 2007. What Cal wants is a $100M. How are your math skills?
If Cal wants to go raise another $70M and still gets a no then we can blame Mitch. As of right now he’s $70M short.
But we really don’t need a new practice center. It ‘s a want, not a need. And especially for a lame duck coach who has given us nothing for the longest time. He just wants the praise from people saying look what Cal did. This would take the spotlight off of his shitty record and coaching abilities.

Reactions: rqarnold
Ruined a very good football program? What drugs are you taking? They must be hallucinations as you’re out of your mind. Did Mitch have anything to do with Ray, Curci, Claiborne, Curry or Mumme all having losing records at UK?

You saved me replying. Thank you. He hired Rich Brooks and that is where the football program started to turn for the better.

Reactions: rqarnold
The fact that we are discussing this practice facility nonsense right now and ANYTHING other than the performance on the floor of the team tells you all you need to know. It's not relevant right now and a strategically planted distraction. You'd be foolish to believe otherwise.

The fact that we are discussing this practice facility nonsense right now and ANYTHING other than the performance on the floor of the team tells you all you need to know. It's not relevant right now and a strategically planted distraction. You'd be foolish to believe otherwise.
Exactly..
And it’s working

Cal is manipulating the news. "My NBA players are going to give us a world-class practice facility - not Mitch. Run me off and you get nothing."

Reactions: STL_Cat
If you believe the scuttlebutt, Mitch was dead set against Cal, and was basically told by Mike Pratt and others that if he wouldn't hire Cal, they'd go above him to the president/board. I agree that Mitch needs to go even more than Cal does.
And who's your athletic director? Richie farmer?

Reactions: STL_Cat
Lol, why would you not address when you have 30 million in free money that can easily walk away with Cal? It only benefits the program.

Some of you all seriously want to cut off your noses to spite your face.
$30 million in supposed pledges, not one real dollar when the practice facility is $70 million. Y’all oversimplify everything.

This article makes it plain Barnhart is stabbing Calipari in the back and setting him up for guaranteed failure. BBN should take note of this and see the big picture. Plus Barnhart rigidity regarding JMI is killing our NIL competitiveness. A wolf in sheep’s clothing. .
Football 13th average star rating in recruiting, one of the best teams in the transfer portal. Basketball possibly the greatest recruiting class is basketball history. Oh but, JMI is killing our NIL competitiveness. LOL at these ignorant KSR sheep. He couldn’t say how JMI was killing our NIL competitiveness if his life depended on it, he’s just repeating Matt Jones talking points like a clueless KSR sheep.

Yes and so did common sense. We built a practice facility 15 years ago that cost $30 million and you think we’re gonna replace it at todays prices for the same cost? LOL.
Why are we laughing? You really thinkKentucky basketball is building a $30 million dollar facility in 2023, the same as they spent in 2007? That makes sense to you?
Lol, where are coming up with me or anyone saying it would only be 30 million?

Can you quote where that was said?

I am laughing at the fact you just created an argument that never existed.

Lol, where are coming up with me or anyone saying it would only be 30 million?

Can you quote where that was said?

I am laughing at the fact you just created an argument that never existed.
You said it was $30 million in free money, it was $30 million in pledges for a $70 million facility. No actual money and not even halfway to the final amount needed. Learn how the real world works.

• Haha
Reactions: Raducanu
You said it was $30 million in free money, it was $30 million in pledges for a $70 million facility. No actual money and not even halfway to the final amount needed. Learn how the real world works.
Right. Because when people give the university donations, that is called free money. There is a huge difference in saying 30 million in free money and the total cost, 🤣.

A reading comprehension course could do you wonders.

Why would it be anything but pledges until it gets approval? 🤔

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT