ADVERTISEMENT

K. Tucker not happy with Cal

I’m actually kinda surprised Holtman was retained .
They had that run at the end of the year when he was forced to play guys who should have been playing all year and made a good showing at Big Ten Tournament. He has a very good recruiting class and some good transfers too. Lost Brice Sensabaugh to NBA Draft but if he lets this group play, they can be good. Problem is he does this early in year and then reigns them in Conference play and thinks scoring in high 50's/low 60's is going to win games.

What's this?

Tucker the lap dog is finally nipping at his master?

Maybe he's tired of defending the indefensible at this point.

This is where I have to ask if that's the case, then why the hell was Barnhart upset with him when he was getting deals done for players last offseason? Why would Barnhart care where the NIL is coming from as long as the players are satisfied? Kentucky players made very good $ too, so this seems like an odd hill to attack a guy who has several other aspects of how the program is operating that should be open season.

It was known Kentucky got players paid. They just don't sell that as the reason you come here-it's basically "NIL is going to be there for you, but we won't promise a set $ amount". I respect that selling point because majority of the teams in CFB and CBB are full of crap and getting far less than promised. Andrew Slater even wrote about this earlier this offseason about asking for what you get, not the potential $ which is often the lie.
I’m no Barnhart fan but , considering Cals history, maybe he’s afraid Cal will get us on probation ? I wouldn’t trust John Calipari as far as I could throw him.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I’m no Barnhart fan but , considering Cals history, maybe he’s afraid Cal will get us on probation ? I wouldn’t trust John Calipari as far as I could throw him.
Probation is a thing of the past. Nobody is going to get hammered by the NCAA right now due to where the major sports are heading. NIL deals done for players are fine. Tennessee paid that incoming FR QB $8M and he was headed to Alabama prior to that offer. We've all seen what A&M has done in football recruiting and anything happen to them? The NCAA has no power in this era and they just pretend. Now Saban and some others are in DC to try and get an NIL "rule" established but you can't backdate a rule--so Barnhart needs to let Calipari do what he was last Summer and stay the **** out of the way.

Probation is a thing of the past. Nobody is going to get hammered by the NCAA right now due to where the major sports are heading. NIL deals done for players are fine. Tennessee paid that incoming FR QB $8M and he was headed to Alabama prior to that offer. We've all seen what A&M has done in football recruiting and anything happen to them? The NCAA has no power in this era and they just pretend. Now Saban and some others are in DC to try and get an NIL "rule" established but you can't backdate a rule--so Barnhart needs to let Calipari do what he was last Summer and stay the **** out of the way.
I absolutely agree with this but………..from everything I gather ,Mitch Barnhart is so out of touch with the climate of todays college athletics, he’s probably still trying to govern like it was the 90’s .

Last edited:
Alright, come on now. You are now on the side that thinks Cal is purposely trying to burn down the program? I'm not defending the woeful offseason we've had. That's on Cal and the culture he's built. But I'll never understand the guys that say he's purposefully trying to harm the program.
I'm on that side. It's quite clear what he's doing which is absolutely nothing and he could care less. If you don't see it then you are ridiculously blind and probably voted for Biden.

No amount of spin can change the fact that Calipari and his staff have failed to make a single move to improve next season’s roster since last season ended. That inaction looks even worse when compared to Kentucky’s blue-blooded peers.

Duke’s two draft entrees are projected first-rounders, the Blue Devils did not lose a single player to the portal, they added four five-star freshmen and got former five-stars Kyle Filipowski, Mark Mitchell, Tyrese Proctor and Jeremy Roach to return. Kansasis returning three key starters — Dajuan Harris Jr., Kevin McCullar Jr. and KJ Adams — signed a top-10 freshman class and added three of the top available transfers in Dickinson, Arterio Morris(Texas) and Nicolas Timberlake (Towson). That looks like carefully planned roster management. What Kentucky has done so far looks a lot like a lack of planning.

It’s probably also time for Calipari to take a long look in the mirror and ask why he struggles so much with roster retention. Why don’t players without clear paths to sticking in the pros not want to stay and play at one of the premier programs in college basketball? Is it something about the way they’re being coached or developed? A lack of relationships between the staff and players? It has been suggested that a major factor is other programs promising huge NIL deals while Calipari refuses to make such guarantees — and that seems like a cop-out. Anyone who has been paying attention knows Tshiebwe cleaned up in NIL money, even as he had to navigate student-visa red tape. Several Kentucky players have raked in six figures.

The complete disintegration of last season’s roster, when the Wildcats badly need bodies, suggests a deeper problem. Whatever that is, it’s time for Calipari to pinpoint the issue and fix it. In the meantime, tweeting out a 202-word statement, which reads like that famous “this is fine” meme from inside a burning house, probably won’t do much to quiet the ever-louder alarm.
Does Kyle Tucker run the Dairy Queen in Middleton?

I'm on that side. It's quite clear what he's doing which is absolutely nothing and he could care less. If you don't see it then you are ridiculously blind and probably voted for Biden.
Did you see his answer to my post? He said he was being over the top about Cal burning things down. Call Cal a lazy failure all you want, but to say he's purposefully burning down the UK program is ridiculous. What good would that do Cal? Also, why the hell would we have the recruiting class we have if Cal is "burning it down"? Not everything is a conspiracy theory. Logic is an important thing.

Literally no one should be happy for Cal. If you do. You got a poop in your pants, or your one of his kids.

Did you see his answer to my post? He said he was being over the top about Cal burning things down. Call Cal a lazy failure all you want, but to say he's purposefully burning down the UK program is ridiculous. What good would that do Cal? Also, why the hell would we have the recruiting class we have if Cal is "burning it down"? Not everything is a conspiracy theory. Logic is an important thing.
It's not a conspiracy, just look at the results. Why would he not? He hates the fans and the media, doesn't even talk to Mitch, has players doing whatever the **** they want to, he doesn't coach and players get WAAAYYYY better when they leave.

I think we will hear more about the recruitment of transfers in the coming days. We will not start the summer trip with only 7 scholarship players. Kentucky is not the only school with retention issues. It is widespread throughout college basketball. As an example, Kansas lost 8 players to the portal.
None of the eight went through the NBA process and all have found opportunities for increased playing time at other universities. Four of the eight were bigs but the Hunter Dickinson arrival and KJ Adams move to the 4 convinced them to seek better roles elsewhere.

Three of the remaining four were small guards who never were consistent performers and the eighth player was McDonald’s AA MJ Rice who Self did not trust on defense. Unusual amount of churn at KU this off-season.

It’s kinda clear this may be his last year…. Read between the lines. Majority of the players on this roster will all be in the NBA or g league.. he has no 2025 players signed.. I have a feeling this is his goodbye tour… Which I’m glad
Exactly. This will be his last year and the 2024/25 team will be constructed from the transfer portal.

Now that only scraps are left we might pick up a scrub or 2.
And the Cow Chiggers will be on here talking about how those scrubs are going to get UK over the top and past the second round of the tournament.

They had that run at the end of the year when he was forced to play guys who should have been playing all year and made a good showing at Big Ten Tournament. He has a very good recruiting class and some good transfers too. Lost Brice Sensabaugh to NBA Draft but if he lets this group play, they can be good. Problem is he does this early in year and then reigns them in Conference play and thinks scoring in high 50's/low 60's is going to win games.
Sounds like Calipari.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT