ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Tucker’s damning article on Mitch Barnhart

Right. Because when people give the university donations, that is called free money. There is a huge difference in saying 30 million in free money and the total cost, 🤣.

A reading comprehension course could do you wonders.

Why would it be anything but pledges until it gets approval? 🤔
Why would you even bring it up until it has approval? You don’t just get to jump to the front of the line of capital projects because you have pledges for 45% of iodine a $70 million project.

• Haha
Reactions: Raducanu
Why would you even bring it up until it has approval? You don’t just get to jump to the front of the line of capital projects because you have pledges for 45% of iodine a $70 million project.
Because it's not getting approval even though a shit ton of other projects don't yet have funding and are approved.

What line is he jumping if those other projects already have approval?

Also, is your 70 million estimate based on what Barnhart is telling you? Why do you trust him anymore than Cal? 🤣

Reactions: jauk11 and Fox2monk
Because it's not getting approval even though a shit ton of other projects don't yet have funding and are approved.

Also, is your 70 million estimate based on what Barnhart is telling you? Why do you trust him anymore than Cal? 🤣

Because I heard directly from him and it makes sense.

• Haha
Reactions: Raducanu

If only we had a new practice facility Cal could run a competent offense.

Are you not wanting the next coach to have advantages when he gets here? 🤔
We have one of the best practice facilities in the country and will have a new one in due time. Cal has every advantage imaginable, highest paid coach, highest paid staff, great facilities, biggest recruiting budget by far, flies private on recruiting trips. Cal isn’t King, he can wait until it’s time and use our current excellent practice facility for now.

Reactions: bnewt
We have one of the best practice facilities in the country and will have a new one in due time. Cal has every advantage imaginable, highest paid coach, highest paid staff, great facilities, biggest recruiting budget by far, flies private on recruiting trips. Cal isn’t King, he can wait until it’s time and use our current excellent practice facility for now.
What makes our so great comparatively to other top programs?

Again, what is so great about our facilities compared to others? What makes them the "best" as you say?

C'mon...tell us!!! 😉

UK may or may not need a new practice facilty, and MB may or may not be wrong to have denied that request, but the current practice facility isn't the reason that UK is sitting 13th in the SEC. And it obviously didn't prevent UK from signing the #1 class in 2023. This is distraction.
We signed the #1 class because Cal got tired of losing and hit the road------hard. And not even is it the number one class but it isn't even close, number one prospect at FOUR positions according to one article. A lot of "fans" seem intent on getting rid of Cal AND the class, and while the chance of the first is slim and none they could possibly run off some great recruits.

It would be interesting to see what this talent can do regardless of who the coach is. And I lost all respect for our AD when he did NOTHING extra for football his first DECADE in power while using ALL of the money football generated for his non-revenue sports, for his all sports trophy. Football cleared $18M in 2010 after eight years of starvation vs BB with everything clearing about $5M.

And what did football clear with the TWO two win seasons AND losing about 20,000 season ticket holders?

We signed the #1 class because Cal got tired of losing and hit the road------hard. And not even is it the number one class but it isn't even close, number one prospect at FOUR positions according to one article. A lot of "fans" seem intent on getting rid of Cal AND the class, and while the chance of the first is slim and none they could possibly run off some great recruits.

It would be interesting to see what this talent can do regardless of who the coach is. And I lost all respect for our AD when he did NOTHING extra for football his first DECADE in power while using ALL of the money football generated for his non-revenue sports, for his all sports trophy. Football cleared $18M in 2010 after eight years of starvation vs BB with everything clearing about $5M.

And what did football clear with the TWO two win seasons AND losing about 20,000 season ticket holders?
You expose your ignorance every time you cry about money and facilities. What non revenue sports got money in 2010 for anything? If they got all of this football money as you claim, what was it for? You can’t say because you’re lying like always. UK used its bonding for the hospital back then and you know it, yet you still choose to lie for your agenda. You’re a complete joke.

I've seen this movie before

Reactions: kywildcat41086
How much is the total bill for the new facility? Seems like that would be a important part of this story. If UK is still on the hook for a majority of it but this 30 mill give Cal full control I can see a big fat no, especially if MB is planning a firing in 2024.

This sounds like a story Calipari gave Tucker to pressure Barnhart publicly and deflect some of the heat he's getting.
I'll have to personally hear from those NBA guys about the specific amount of their pledges before I believe it. Not saying the story isn't true, it may very well be 100% true. But, there are two hard-headed dudes with large ego's involved here. I'm gonna need more than a story by Tucker to believe either side.

Also, if this story is true, MB is a bigger idiot than we all thought. Why not let Calipari build his practice facility and then negotiate a contract buyout with him after it's done?
Agree,
Mitch - we will build the new practice facility contingent upon negotiation of a buyout making the 2023-24 season your last as head UK basketball coach. Because of your selfless effort, the facility will be named, “The CCC One and Done Pro Day and I like My Team Practice Facility.”

You expose your ignorance every time you cry about money and facilities. What non revenue sports got money in 2010 for anything? If they got all of this football money as you claim, what was it for? You can’t say because you’re lying like always. UK used its bonding for the hospital back then and you know it, yet you still choose to lie for your agenda. You’re a complete joke.
He is a clown and always has been.

• Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086
https://theathletic.com/4082160/2023/01/12/john-calipari-kentucky-mailbag/

A snippet: “Calipari has already secured pledges of about $30 million in private funding — mostly from his former players in the NBA — but Barnhart refuses to let him proceed with planning a facility.”

Mitch has essentially alienated the basketball program. He needs to go.
I haven't read Tucker's entire article because I do not have a subscription to The Athletic. But it was reported elsewhere in the not too distant past that regardless of the purported pledges of private funds, very little if any money had actually been deposited/guaranteed by any donors to fund the design and construction of a new practice facility. In other words, talk is cheap. Did Tucker confirm in his article that the funds necessary for a new practice facility have been deposited somewhere or that donors have executed binding commitments to provide the funds for a new practice facility?

Regardless, how can Calipari or anyone else legitimately argue that the lack of a new practice facility is holding back the basketball program? Hasn't Calipari supposedly lined up the #1 recruiting class for next fall with the existing practice facility? Bueller... Bueller... My view of the world is this entire practice facility dust-up has been nothing but Calipari's lame attempt at a power play against the AD. And so far in my eyes, Calipari is losing.

If I had to chose between Calipari and Barnhart as to who has most "alienated" the BBN fan base, my vote would be for Calipari. And the choice wouldn't be close. Reasonable minds can differ.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigbluedon
Lol, why would you not address when you have 30 million in free money that can easily walk away with Cal? It only benefits the program.

Some of you all seriously want to cut off your noses to spite your face.
Probably because 30 Mil will only scratch the surface of what MBB would want to spend. The rest of the money would have to come from somewhere and my guess is that the Big Boosters aren’t willing to kick in to support Cal.

All my speculation…I don’t have inside info.

Reactions: KyWildcatDon
A facility that isn’t needed should get priority? LOL.

Football should get whatever they want within reason. They're the big money maker. Basketball should to just to a lesser extent. The non revenue sports should get whatever is left and only on things that are an absolute need.

Reactions: jauk11
Ruined a very good football program? What drugs are you taking? They must be hallucinations as you’re out of your mind. Did Mitch have anything to do with Ray, Curball ci, Claiborne, Curry or Mumme all having losing records at UK?
NOTHING extra done for football his first decade here. The OTHER SEC ADs investing in the money cow saved our butt. Where is most of the $40,000,000 SEC distribution this year coming from, the teams competing for the ADs cup? And I love the minor sports, but he would have had more money for them if he hadn't ruined a good football program. And Joker inherited TWO good four stars to compete against seven of the eight SEC teams that AVERAGED 39 four stars in their last four classes. And Florida alone had over a dozen five stars.
Name ONE thing done for football facilities his first DECADE on the job. How much of footballs money was spent on his minor NONrevenue sports? How much did the TWO two win seasons AND the five years without a bowl game cost us? Did you read the long thread on here by fans stating they would never donate a dime for football as long as he was in charge of spending the money?

The OTHER SEC teams that did invest in the MONEY COW saved our athletic department from bankruptcy.

Last edited:
His DE

Name ONE thing done for football facilities his first DECADE on the job. How much of footballs money was spent on his minor NONrevenue sports? How much did the TWO two win seasons AND the five years without a bowl game cost us? Did you read the long thread on here by fans stating they would never donate a dime as long as he was in charge of spending the money?

The OTHER SEC teams that did invest in the MONEY COW saved our athletic department from bankruptcy.
You keep saying that he spent all this money on non revenue sports. Specifically what did he spend it on? Again, you can’t say because you’re lying. UK used its bonding capacity on the hospital and all capital projects for athletics were put on hold. Everyone including you know this but you still with that dumb did nothing in his first 10 years nonsense.

You keep saying that he spent all this money on non revenue sports. Specifically what did he spend it on? Again, you can’t say because you’re lying. UK used its bonding capacity on the hospital and all capital projects for athletics were put on hold. Everyone including you know this but you still with that dumb did nothing in his first 10 years nonsense.
So you think the huge improvements in the non-revenue sports happened without him spending footballs money in his pursuit of the ADS cup. How about naming ONE improvement for football facilities in his first DECADE here? While the other SEC programs were investing in the money cow. How do you think we rose to eighth in the nation in the NON-revenue sports? But he would have had MORE money for them if the football program hadn't gone from capacity crowds of 67,000 fans in 2007 to losing about 20,000 season ticket holders after a decade of NO facilities improvements. Name ONE, in TEN years.

How about TRYING to dispute the FACTS in my post instead of the stupid attacks?
What facts? You lied and claimed all this money was spent on non revenue sports. There a reason you can’t say specifically what it was spent on because you made it up. You’re a complete fraud who knows UK used its bonding capacity for the hospital yet you continue to spew these ignorant lies in every post. UK has a newly renovated stadium, state of the art practice facility, and Nutrer is in the process of being renovated. Keep crying about 2002 tho.

• Haha
Reactions: Cawood86
How about TRYING to dispute the FACTS in my post instead of the stupid attacks?
Your “facts” have been disputed, disproven and destroyed yet you’re too stupid to see what a fool everyone else sees you to be and you continue to repeat the same shit over and over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT