ADVERTISEMENT

KSR/Matt Jones held accountable by Rivals

I read the KSR blog regularly. Do not listen to Matt or anyone associated with Matt on the radio or any other activities he does.I assume he still posts as Magliorre52 or whatever as that was his screen name back when he was trying to get established.

Personally I don't care that he shares an HOB account. In today's world where everyone is desperate for premium account media dollars, I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Its not like the HOB is losing revenue - they aren't going to buy an account for every person on that staff when their reason to use it is to generate content ideas and talking points.

The thing that is really interesting to me however is that we'll be posting a narrative about some facet of the program using a phrase or wording that is most likely specific to this board, and that same wording shows up in a KSR blog a few days later.

Whatever opinion he has of the message boards here, which at one time he was an active contributor, his team still relies on heavily to develop their content. They still see this place as the pulse of BBN.

Reactions: Soupbean and kev69
Really who cares?? We are talking about who releases 1st on where an 18 year old might go to school. Everyone that wants to know will learn within minutes anyway. Now it might be important if he took information on the cure of cancer.

Reactions: G-PIP
In this instance, the only thing Matt was wrong about was his shit take on Tyler Herro.

Anyone who’s blasting Matt for using an alias to post in GYERO is either jealous or simple.

Matt’s ratings books should remind the powers here that the Kentucky RIVALS format, it’s income, and product suck hind teat to KSR. Art of War; and whatnot. Grandstanding the issue isn’t wise when Matt could prolly hire away ALL of the writers here if he wanted to.

I couldn't care less about him sharing his account. What irks me is the way he blasts people who post on message boards like we are second rate citizens, he allows Ryan to mock us.

He got his start on this message board, and continues to post here. I'm your average Kentuckian, I work hard as a blue collar worker, and at the end of the day I like to come on here and spout some bs, I don't feel any shame at all about posting here.

I bet they've already got another premium account to share. Taking to twitter to try to show some authority didn't accomplish a thing.

Also, can we start banning people who bring up politics? There's a thread for that crap.

His politics :thumbsdown:

His arrogance..always the smartest person in the room :thumbsdown:

His total disdain for all things UofL, however, trumps both of the above (no pun)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamal Mercer
I think Matt and his staff have numerous posts in this thread judging by the “there’s nothing wrong with what he did” nonsense.

I’ll say this again about Jones, the more information that comes out about him, the more I dislike him.

I think it will be hilarious to see how he will be exposed by his opponent when he runs for Senate. That will be truly entertaining.

In this instance, the only thing Matt was wrong about was his shit take on Tyler Herro.

Anyone who’s blasting Matt for using an alias to post in GYERO is either jealous or simple.

Matt’s ratings books should remind the powers here that the Kentucky RIVALS format, it’s income, and product suck hind teat to KSR. Art of War; and whatnot. Grandstanding the issue isn’t wise when Matt could prolly hire away ALL of the writers here if he wanted to.

Yet, he is too cheap to buy more than one subscription? [roll][roll][roll][roll]

I think Matt and his staff have numerous posts in this thread judging by the “there’s nothing wrong with what he did” nonsense.

I’ll say this again about Jones, the more information that comes out about him, the more I dislike him.

I think it will be hilarious to see how he will be exposed by his opponent when he runs for Senate. That will be truly entertaining.

Proof that this is all political...

Good Lord! No wonder so many people ridicule and belittle UK fans every chance they get.

There are countless people shooting up each other almost daily; a catastrophic drug epidemic destroying our society; people homeless and starving; 800,000 plus currently without work because of a government shutdown. Not to mention we just had our best win of the season 2 days ago. Yet, here with are with a 5 page thread over 2 insecure, seemingly worthless, mouth-breathing morons, clearly jealous of each other over who can post more useless and incorrect info than the other, having a loser battle on the internet over a trivial issue at best.

Some of you all need to check your priorities and get a grip on life and what is important. This unhealthy obsession some of you all have with radio personalities is concerning to say the least. I feel like some of them must have molested you all or something in a past life.

Reactions: Alayyahfuqyaself
Matt Jones is the epitome of an effete hypocritical snob. Now, apparently he has been busted for corporate espionage, so much for his integrity. Mitch McConnell is waiting with bated breath for Matt to announce his candidacy for the U.S. Senate. I’m sure ole Mitch has been methodically documenting the ever accumulating skeletons in Matt’s closet which is regretful because I’m a lifelong Democrat.

There was a time where listening to KSR on the radio while driving was a must for me. It’s not anymore. It’s all predictable jibberish or dismissive sarcasm directed towards Ryan Lemond. Matt has cast Ryan to serve as his sycophantic dimwit. I’m guessing Ryan has concluded the money is good enough for him to accept Matt’s constant ridicule. Still, I wonder how Ryan actually feels or how his family feels about Ryan being belittled every day.

Matt has many followers and appears to be doing very well in businrss. Surprisingly, however, Matt has an increasing number of UK fans who have grown weary of his arrogance and self promotion.

Last edited:
Jones is a hypocrite and dis-honest as he criticized the 76’s g.m. For having a burner account. It’s also down right stealing to take others info and pass it off as his own. His entire staff shares an account in order to get ideas for stories and leads. They are so lame.

Matt Jones is the epitome of an effete hypocritical snob. Now, apparently he has been busted for corporate espionage, so much for integrity. Mitch McConnell is waiting with bated breath for Matt to announce his candidacy for the U.S. Senate. I’m sure ole Mitch has been methodically documenting the ever accumulating skeletons in Matt’s closet.

There was a time where listening to KSR on the radio while driving was a must for me. It’s not anymore. It’s all predictable jibberish or dismissive sarcasm directed towards Ryan Lemond. Matt has cast Ryan to serve as his sycophantic dimwit. I’m guessing Ryan has concluded the money is good enough for him to accept Matt’s constant ridicule. Still, I wonder how Ryan actually feels or how his family feels about Ryan being belittled every day.

Matt has many followers and appears to be doing very well in businrss. Surprisingly, however, Matt has an increasing number of UK fans who have grown weary of his arrogance and self promotion.

Is it really surprising? Many UK fans are notorious for flopping like a Dukie trying to take a charge. Hell, there are many on this board who think Cal can't coach or has "lost a step". Doesn't surprise me one bit.

“So very much worse” than what?

This is freaking message board. People act like MJ and KSR have committed some massive fraud operation.

Some of the people here have a really strange obsession with Matt Jones.

It’s hilarious that all the people who claim to hate him and KSR are the same ones who can quote everything he puts on Twitter, says on his show, etc...

Some folks here need to get a freaking life.

I understand that rivals has a policy and all that but I agree, this is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. Who gives a rats ass if other people were using that account?? My god, some people on here acting like he murdered someone and needs to be held accountable are utterly insane.

I’ve just never understood the hate for Jones and KSR from some on this board. And spare me the “I can’t stand listening to that damn Liberal” garbage. And you’re right in that the ones on here who seem to hate him and the show so much always seem to know about everything they’ve talked about on a given day.

I understand that rivals has a policy and all that but I agree, this is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. Who gives a rats ass if other people were using that account?? My god, some people on here acting like he murdered someone and needs to be held accountable are utterly insane.

I’ve just never understood the hate for Jones and KSR from some on this board. And spare me the “I can’t stand listening to that damn Liberal” garbage. And you’re right in that the ones on here who seem to hate him and the show so much always seem to know about everything they’ve talked about on a given day.

If I had a guess it involves around one or two of the 7 deadly sins. Envy/Wrath.

MJ started on these boards and that irritates some people beyond belief.

Reactions: TIE543
If nothing else this proves Matt Jones is very hypocritical. He spends lots of time on his show mocking this message board and several of its posters. Says he spends some time on it, but not as much as he used to. Dismisses how much news actually comes from message boards.

But he creates at least one fake account on here to defend his real account (identical to what he mocked Kevin Durant for doing). And uses it to glean news from the premium board.

Not a good look.

Last edited:
To me, the below post is what makes this behavior weak. This is not a father and a son sharing a premium account. Matt presents as a successful person. By all accounts, he is. Many UK fans envy his life. Some clearly see him as a rock star. It has to be embarrassing, if not weak, to be caught sharing an account of what appears to be a competitor when you present as a source and make your living off UK sports. Maybe success breeds cheapness?

I find it ridiculous how many people are defending this behavior. I would hope Matt would do a sheepish mea culpa and move on. Finding this behavior as sad, is not a condemnation of Matt, but of this particular behavior.

Seems some are as much fans of Matt as they are UK.

Yea, the guy who rode a train with UK basketball coaches/players with the national championship trophy, and who frequently has Stoops call into his postgame show, definitely doesn’t have any sources.

It's very interesting that many of you on here criticizing this are also the same ones using Avatars of technically copyrighted images I doubt you have permissions for or are paying royalties on. [winking]

But hey, don't let that interfere with the spinning of your holier than thou images you're so desperately trying to peddle off. :popcorn:

He's always been arrogant and self-important. But in this case, I don't really see the big deal. Whole thing seems kinda pedantic on JRowland's part.

I thought Jones was decent as a poster back in the day... never valued his insight more than your slightly-above-average poster here, though. Crazy how KSR has taken off, have to give him credit.

Yeah, but we're not making a living off our avatars, so it's not the same. Thanks for playing, though.
Ummm... you might want to look up copyright laws. For example, you don't have to be profiting for it to be illegal. The copying and reposting in itself is a violation.

But, since you brought up the point. Where is there indisputable evidence KSR or Matt Jones profited off the information? That's pure speculation by jealous, overzealous message board posters breaking copyright laws from what I've seen so far!!

Reactions: Gothic1960
He's always been arrogant and self-important. But in this case, I don't really see the big deal. Whole thing seems kinda pedantic on JRowland's part.

I thought Jones was decent as a poster back in the day... never valued his insight more than your slightly-above-average poster here, though. Crazy how KSR has taken off, have to give him credit.

I get there are fans of KSR on this board, but you don't get a pass for being popular. You just don't.

It's very interesting that many of you on here criticizing this are also the same ones using Avatars of technically copyrighted images I doubt you have permissions for or are paying royalties on. [winking]

But hey, don't let that interfere with the spinning of your holier than thou images you're so desperately trying to peddle off. :popcorn:

Oh my! Now this sounds like a Matt Jones “burner account.” LOL

Again, since I have asked numerous times and no one who says this responds or will post proof.

Please share proof, an example, anything that shows where MJ/KSR stole info from here and passed it off as their own???

I can’t do here, but I can do years ago. TBK had a premium membership that was pretty accurate with it’s information for a good stretch of time. Daniel Orton staying committed, Terrence Jones phone call after verbally committing to Washington, Teague to UK, etc.

Every time anything was posted in the premium section, within minutes it was posted on KSR. It got so bad, we’d receive messages telling us a fake story was going up and within minutes it was on the KSR website. No credit given. Always “sources say” which was complete BS.

I don’t hate Jones and having an account you share with people is one thing, but to take information you got elsewhere and pass it off as your own is sleazy. At least credit where you got the information from.

ADVERTISEMENT