ADVERTISEMENT

Kinda sad theme of the board

Calling them Calbois doesn't help at all. Just because I want to talk about the program, the team, the recruits, the returning players, the Bahamas trip, and etc, without having to fight off hijack attempts to make it a negative on Cal doesn't mean I have some kind of sick crush on the coach. It's nonsense. It's like I'm back in junior high and I walked past the bullies table in the cafeteria and they're all attacking with their ignorant jabs. Maybe I should make that my mission as a moderator. Delete every comment that isn't directly related to the thread topic, every hijack attempt. I'd be deleting half your posts lowcountry.
Calipari isn’t part of the program?

the idea that people posting here who don't pump sunshine are trolls shows little reality.

Go back to the Tubby years. People were up in arms over him and the guy never missed the NCAA tournament much less a first game loss.

People need to really get past the "if they don't support the program like I do, they aren't fans"

that attitude has been around as long as the negativity you are trying to marginalize with some garbage reasoning.

CALIPARI created the negativity
CALIPARI agreed to let a player use the program to get drafted
CALIPARI let a player sit in his butt while getting NIL
CALIPARI lied to the fans
CALIPARI talks down to the fans
CALIPARI went 9-17
CALIPARI lost to Robert Morris
CALIPARI lost to Indiana
CALIPARI lost to Evansville
CALIPARI lost to Utah
CALIPARI loses to Tennessee constantly
CALIPARI choked to WVU
CALIPARI choked to UConn TWICE
CALIPARI choked to Wisconsin
CALIPARI choked to Indiana
CALIPARI choked to Kansas State
CALIPARI choked to Auburn
CALIPARI chokes to Saint Peter’s
CALIPARI lost the all time lead to Kansas
CALIPARI lost the tournament win lead to UNC
CALIPARI hasn’t been to a final four in 7 YEARS
CALIPARI hasn’t won a tournament in 2 YEARS
CALIPARI refuses to play a modern offense
CALIPARI refuses to play a zone defense
CALIPARI refuses to coach in bound plays
CALIPARI refuses to watch tapes
Can we do this with every single coach? I’d like to see it. You have a lot of time on your hands so you do it. Be done by the end of the week.

CALIPARI created the negativity
CALIPARI agreed to let a player use the program to get drafted
CALIPARI let a player sit in his butt while getting NIL
CALIPARI lied to the fans
CALIPARI talks down to the fans
CALIPARI went 9-17
CALIPARI lost to Robert Morris
CALIPARI lost to Indiana
CALIPARI lost to Evansville
CALIPARI lost to Utah
CALIPARI loses to Tennessee constantly
CALIPARI choked to WVU
CALIPARI choked to UConn TWICE
CALIPARI choked to Wisconsin
CALIPARI choked to Indiana
CALIPARI choked to Kansas State
CALIPARI choked to Auburn
CALIPARI chokes to Saint Peter’s
CALIPARI lost the all time lead to Kansas
CALIPARI lost the tournament win lead to UNC
CALIPARI hasn’t been to a final four in 7 YEARS
CALIPARI hasn’t won a tournament in 2 YEARS
CALIPARI refuses to play a modern offense
CALIPARI refuses to play a zone defense
CALIPARI refuses to coach in bound plays
CALIPARI refuses to watch tapes
Now do Coach K, Self, Roy, Few, and any other college coach you want to choose. How about your man crush Musselman, what does his look like?

The ignore feature is invaluable. Everyone I read who voices an irrational complaint -> ignore.

Legit complaint? No problem.

And here's the ProTip. Don't 2nd guess yourself. If the complaint is long enough that you can tell some thought went into making it, the poster isn't going to suddenly become sane.

There are still lots of lots of people to read. You won't miss out. The ignore feature just cuts the clutter. Be Ming the Merciless and save yourself the heartache.

No, some of you are crying into your pillow. Daily. Multiple times a day actually. I’m just as pissed as y’all are, just as frustrated. But I’m not gonna have daily meltdowns. I can find a level spot to stand.

seriously, once a person voices their opinion and makes their stance known, why would they feel the need to repeat it every day for months and months like it’s Groundhog Day? That baffles me

Rival fans looking to agitate and lonely UK fans that draw people in by agitating them/getting them in an uproar. Hate to say it, but it's just fact.

The beatings shall continue until morale improves .. LOL , thats where we are . And how about Cowboys in place of Cal Boi's . They are used to standing in horseshit !

The idea that people posting here who don't pump negativity and derail every single thread no matter what it's about to bash Cal and make their sarcastic remarks and overdone jokes are sunshine pumpers shows little reality. Some of us just want to talk about the team and the players sometimes.
the difference here is that negative people aren't constantly harping about not being able to enjoy posting because people don't talk about subjects they want to talk about

the difference here is that negative people aren't constantly harping about not being able to enjoy posting because people don't talk about subjects they want to talk about
Nonsense. The same tired posters start the same negativity threads day in day out and even worse, if ANYTHING is said in a thread that isn't to the effect that "we suck" or "Cal sucks", they are branded as Cal pumpers and the same tired group of clowns circle like buzzards and make fun of the poster. Sadly, these are grown adults acting like snot nosed brats.

Reactions: Rockfly78
Nonsense. The same tired posters start the same negativity threads day in day out and even worse, if ANYTHING is said in a thread that isn't to the effect that "we suck" or "Cal sucks", they are branded as Cal pumpers and the same tired group of clowns circle like buzzards and make fun of the poster. Sadly, these are grown adults acting like snot nosed brats.
if they are starting the threads, then why do you read them? Seems like a pretty obvious solution

Stay off threads that are you know are negative. There are many, many threads here I do not click on or respond to. It has served me well.

if they are starting the threads, then why do you read them? Seems like a pretty obvious solution

Stay off threads that are you know are negative. There are many, many threads here I do not click on or respond to. It has served me well.

90% of it is normal threads and when anything that's not negative is said, they are refuted or called names. Basically a waste of time. No worries, will be transitioning to the pay site before next season starts to avoid the children.

90% of it is normal threads and when anything that's not negative is said, they are refuted or called names. Basically a waste of time. No worries, will be transitioning to the pay site before next season starts to avoid the children.
You won't be able to use all your different names on there.How sad for you.

Reactions: Pockethose
I don't care if you talk about the subject I want, you want, whatever. I care about the agenda posters derailing every thread. Having an opinion is one thing. Griding an axe with cynical comments, repetitive jokes, etc. to muck up what OTHER people want to talk about is asshole behavior.

I'm not sure, but maybe this is what has caused me to post less and less these past few years. I know I'm guilty of this at times too, but the constant negativity here is just exhausting. So much doom and gloom. The 'covid year' (9-16), I've pretty much discarded as an anomaly. We damned well know this isn't indicative of the program. Yes, it happened, but tons of circumstances were involved.

The St. Peters debacle.... as physically ill as it made me feel at the time, looking back over the years, how lucky have we been that something like this hadn't happened to UK in the tournament? It's happened to a lot of other top programs in college basketball. Sometimes more than once (Kansas w/Vermont and Northern Iowa, Dook w/Lehigh and Mercer). The more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to think that as far as this past tournament, maybe it was simply UK's 'turn'. All the bitching, whining and negativity here isn't going to change what happened.

Going forward, are there things that need to change? Of course there is. John Calipari isn't in the HOF for nothing. However, I think he's reached the point in his career where he can no longer be stubborn and refuse to adapt. I am remaining optimistic that he will. He simply has to see that the 'old way' isn't helping this program reach the levels of success it has enjoyed so many times throughout its history. He is far too competitive to simply accept what has happened and not make changes or approach things a bit differently.

With that being said, I truly hope that with this coming season and beyond, Cal will see that it's ok to use a zone defense once in awhile, especially when teams are having an easy time in getting to the basket. I hope he realizes that it's ok to use a timeout and set up a play in the waning seconds of a half or at the end of the game for that matter. I'm hoping that he will expand on the use of his roster...not just 7 or 8 guys.

Do I realize that that's certainly a lot of hopes? Of course I do. I'm going to stay on the path of optimism. Kentucky Basketball is not dying, yet so many here are acting like pallbearers.
The unwillingness of you and others similarly situated to acknowledge reality is but one of many contributing factors to the current state of UK basketball. Calipari is 63 with a sweetheart guaranteed contract. He's. Not. Going. To. Change.

I don't care if you talk about the subject I want, you want, whatever. I care about the agenda posters derailing every thread. Having an opinion is one thing. Griding an axe with cynical comments, repetitive jokes, etc. to muck up what OTHER people want to talk about is asshole behavior.
you act like its intentional.

for example you wanna talk about how great Brooks is. You expect other people to talk about how great Brooks is.

how realistic is that? people are angry. That is going to bleed over into the discussion. Its not an agenda. its a current state

color me relieved

you act like its intentional.

for example you wanna talk about how great Brooks is. You expect other people to talk about how great Brooks is.

how realistic is that? people are angry. That is going to bleed over into the discussion. Its not an agenda. its a current state

It is literally the same handful of people every thread man that detail stuff.

Most people just want to win and don't care if it is Cal that does that or a new coach.

From a poll I threw up about a week ago there were roughly 25-30% that want Cal gone regardless if he wins a title...those people will NEVER be satisfied and some of those are the vocal people...again most level headed people just want to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT