ADVERTISEMENT

Kinda sad theme of the board

It is literally the same handful of people every thread man that detail stuff.

Most people just want to win and don't care if it is Cal that does that or a new coach.

From a poll I threw up about a week ago there were roughly 25-30% that want Cal gone regardless if he wins a title...those people will NEVER be satisfied and some of those are the vocal people...again most level headed people just want to win.
yea, look around, its June 2 - basketball season has been over for more than 2 months.

The people that are left are the hardcore fans which is a limited number of people.

The same people on both sides. You know, the ones that start threads about how bad this board is and how crap the fans are? no agenda or repetition there is it?

you act like its intentional.

for example you wanna talk about how great Brooks is. You expect other people to talk about how great Brooks is.

how realistic is that? people are angry. That is going to bleed over into the discussion. Its not an agenda. its a current state
No, if we're talking about Brooks then your opinion on Brooks is a valid subject. I've expressed negative points of view, criticisms, pessimism on things. I don't want people to uniformly rah rqh positive. I'm talking about:

[thread about recruit x] "he can shoot, Cal doesn't want him." "Can't get him, might break somebody's heart." "Something something generational poverty."

[Thread about returning players/next year's roster] "doesn't matter, Cal's the coach." "St peters"

[Literally anything optimistic] "stop slurping Cal's balls" "oh hi ellen"

If you're pessimistic, that's fine. But if you are going respond like that to everybody who isn't in full blown meltdown and who thinks we have a chance to be really good, then you're an asshole. Some people have left objectivity behind, they hate calipari at this point, and they won't shut up about it. Also, just something I've noticed, the meltdown crew has a very odd fascination with Calipari's genitals.

No, if we're talking about Brooks then your opinion on Brooks is a valid subject. I've expressed negative points of view, criticisms, pessimism on things. I don't want people to uniformly rah rqh positive. I'm talking about:

[thread about recruit x] "he can shoot, Cal doesn't want him." "Can't get him, might break somebody's heart." "Something something generational poverty."

[Thread about returning players/next year's roster] "doesn't matter, Cal's the coach." "St peters"

If you're pessimistic, that's fine. But if you are going respond like that to everybody who isn't in full blown meltdown and who thinks we have a chance to be really good, then you're an asshole. Some people have left objectivity behind, they hate calipari at this point, and they won't shut up about it. Also, just something I've noticed, the meltdown crew has a very odd fascination with Calipari's genitals.
How about the group of Cal lovers who call people Louisville fans,have no life,etc if you say anything negative on Cal?It goes both ways.

To be honest, I've been staying away from the board for the same reason. All negativity, all the time. I understand the frustrations, I really do. I understand the anger with Calipari. I understand the desire for titles and more wins. I have the same desires. But you get on here and every post either starts out hating on Cal or is turned into a thread hating on Cal. It really gets old quickly. We've got Cal for another season, at least, likely multiple seasons. So, are we going to spend the next 5 years constantly hating on the coach? Not me. I'm gonna support the team that wears Kentucky across their chests and whoever the coach is will have my support as well. Now, POUNCE! Tell me how stupid I am. :rolleyes:
I can’t stand Cal. He sucks :)

like I said , people are angry

and they are justified in that anger.

it bleeds over

How about the group of Cal lovers who call people Louisville fans,have no life,etc if you say anything negative on Cal?It goes both ways.
I've called them out, and put on ignore anybody who gets into the back and forth insult pissing matches. The meltdown crew is more numerous and doing a better job of mucking threads up, so I'm calling them out more.

This thread….

funny-fight-slap.gif

I'm not sure, but maybe this is what has caused me to post less and less these past few years. I know I'm guilty of this at times too, but the constant negativity here is just exhausting. So much doom and gloom. The 'covid year' (9-16), I've pretty much discarded as an anomaly. We damned well know this isn't indicative of the program. Yes, it happened, but tons of circumstances were involved.

The St. Peters debacle.... as physically ill as it made me feel at the time, looking back over the years, how lucky have we been that something like this hadn't happened to UK in the tournament? It's happened to a lot of other top programs in college basketball. Sometimes more than once (Kansas w/Vermont and Northern Iowa, Dook w/Lehigh and Mercer). The more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to think that as far as this past tournament, maybe it was simply UK's 'turn'. All the bitching, whining and negativity here isn't going to change what happened.

Going forward, are there things that need to change? Of course there is. John Calipari isn't in the HOF for nothing. However, I think he's reached the point in his career where he can no longer be stubborn and refuse to adapt. I am remaining optimistic that he will. He simply has to see that the 'old way' isn't helping this program reach the levels of success it has enjoyed so many times throughout its history. He is far too competitive to simply accept what has happened and not make changes or approach things a bit differently.

With that being said, I truly hope that with this coming season and beyond, Cal will see that it's ok to use a zone defense once in awhile, especially when teams are having an easy time in getting to the basket. I hope he realizes that it's ok to use a timeout and set up a play in the waning seconds of a half or at the end of the game for that matter. I'm hoping that he will expand on the use of his roster...not just 7 or 8 guys.

Do I realize that that's certainly a lot of hopes? Of course I do. I'm going to stay on the path of optimism. Kentucky Basketball is not dying, yet so many here are acting like pallbearers.
I can only assume you moved to fantasy land just before making this post. The board is negative for a very specific reason ....Cal has destroyed the program and there is no way he is going to change...so yes the negative posts will continue!!

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I can only assume you moved to fantasy land just before making this post. The board is negative for a very specific reason ....Cal has destroyed the program and there is no way he is going to change...so yes the negative posts will continue!!
Respectfully, but Cal has destroyed the program?
We’re off a two seed in the past tournament. Sure, we blew it against St. Pete, but imho, the program isn’t destroyed.

Only this site allows other teams trolls to post here . Needs to be monitored better and moved to a pay site if $24 per year
That will cut out 90% of the Louisville trolls who post here free. UK fans are immediately banned on there boards why allow it here?

This board is the worst it's been in my 15 years here. I'm over Cal myself, but all the loud haters claiming our program is destroyed are completely over the top. Things aren't great, but as a program we have been through much worse.

No one will destroy Kentucky basketball ever!! I still choose to support my team and as a result the coach as well even though I'd shed no tears of he leaves.

The logical, sane person should be along the same thought process

The Son of Saul, Low country Cats and the ilk have ruined the board with the same bitching in every single thread no matter the subject.

I hope everyone can get a grip on reality and realize we are still Kentucky, we are still great and always will be.

#BBNtillDeath

This board is the worst it's been in my 15 years here. I'm over Cal myself, but all the loud haters claiming our program is destroyed are completely over the top. Things aren't great, but as a program we have been through much worse.

No one will destroy Kentucky basketball ever!! I still choose to support my team and as a result the coach as well even though I'd shed no tears of he leaves.

The Son of Saul, Low country Cats and the ilk have ruined the board with the same bitching in every single thread no matter the subject.

I hope everyone can get a grip on reality and realize we are still Kentucky, we are still great and always will be.

#BBNtillDeath
This board is the worst it's been in my 15 years here. I'm over Coach Bobby Knight myself, but all the loud haters claiming our program is destroyed are completely over the top. Things aren't great, but as a program we have been through much worse.

No one will destroy Indiana basketball ever!! I still choose to support my team and as a result the coach as well even though I'd shed no tears of he leaves.

The Son of Saul, Low country hoosier and the ilk have ruined the board with the same bitching in every single thread no matter the subject.

I hope everyone can get a grip on reality and realize we are still Indiana, we are still great and always will be.

You sound like a Indiana fan in the 90s. That was my point moron.
Dude I aint love with our coach either. A 2 seed and pre season top 5 ranking are far from IU. So yeah, you're way off here Richie. At worst Cal stays 2 more years. We are gonna be fine man. Get a grip, you're a good dude but being way to emotional about this, you and several others have let your extreme dislike for Cal cloud your perspective man, for real.

Dude I aint love with our coach either. A 2 seed and pre season top 5 ranking are far from IU. So yeah, you're way off here Richie. At worst Cal stays 2 more years. We are gonna be fine man. Get a grip, you're a good dude but being way to emotional about this, you and several others have let your extreme dislike for Cal cloud your perspective man, for real.
It’s called cal-phobia and the struggle is real

I'm not sure, but maybe this is what has caused me to post less and less these past few years. I know I'm guilty of this at times too, but the constant negativity here is just exhausting. So much doom and gloom. The 'covid year' (9-16), I've pretty much discarded as an anomaly. We damned well know this isn't indicative of the program. Yes, it happened, but tons of circumstances were involved.

The St. Peters debacle.... as physically ill as it made me feel at the time, looking back over the years, how lucky have we been that something like this hadn't happened to UK in the tournament? It's happened to a lot of other top programs in college basketball. Sometimes more than once (Kansas w/Vermont and Northern Iowa, Dook w/Lehigh and Mercer). The more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to think that as far as this past tournament, maybe it was simply UK's 'turn'. All the bitching, whining and negativity here isn't going to change what happened.

Going forward, are there things that need to change? Of course there is. John Calipari isn't in the HOF for nothing. However, I think he's reached the point in his career where he can no longer be stubborn and refuse to adapt. I am remaining optimistic that he will. He simply has to see that the 'old way' isn't helping this program reach the levels of success it has enjoyed so many times throughout its history. He is far too competitive to simply accept what has happened and not make changes or approach things a bit differently.

With that being said, I truly hope that with this coming season and beyond, Cal will see that it's ok to use a zone defense once in awhile, especially when teams are having an easy time in getting to the basket. I hope he realizes that it's ok to use a timeout and set up a play in the waning seconds of a half or at the end of the game for that matter. I'm hoping that he will expand on the use of his roster...not just 7 or 8 guys.

Do I realize that that's certainly a lot of hopes? Of course I do. I'm going to stay on the path of optimism. Kentucky Basketball is not dying, yet so many here are acting like pallbearers.
That's a good word to describe it, exhausting. It's by far the worst it's ever been on here in my decade on here. I mean we did lose to an effin #15 seed first round. That was like Hiroshima on here. I think what made it infinitely worse was Carolina, Duke, and Kansas all making the final four. We were a punchline from that loss till Kansas won the title.

I've taken time off the board and that really helps. Don't bask in all the negativity on here. I know it's practically impossible now as every thread, no matter how trivial, ends up being overrun by people hating. I think it's insanely crazy too. But this is where people vent and I get that. I've never put anyone on ignore, nor will I ever. I don't wanna talk to people who only agree with me.

Finally, you might want to brace yourself cause once the season gets here and we take an L it'll be out of control and every further loss will be even uglier. So ugly that Cal will resign after this upcoming season and make many happy. Personally I hope Cal succeeds and we get back to our winning ways because whoever we get will certainly be a downgrade overall. But if Cal won't change some stuff he'll lose the little support he has right now. We'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT