ADVERTISEMENT

Caution- don’t let the Cal fatigue

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
and frustration bleed over on CMP.

There was so much divisiveness and negativity that it now has become a badge of honor to many.

Give this guy a chance. Put yourself in his place and be fair. Let him work. Our fanbase is unbeatable when moving in the same direction but we and he are starting from scratch.

That's where I'm at. Accepted the hire. But that DOES NOT mean you don't have expectations. High ones. Right away. This era of NIL and portal free agency, there is no excuse to build a top 4 team in the SEC right away. Other schools are going to do it. South Carolina just did it. Florida just did it. Auburn and Tennessee, currently have less than 4 players on their roster.

• Love
Reactions: track42
That's where I'm at. Accepted the hire. But that DOES NOT mean you don't have expectations. High ones. Right away. This era of NIL and portal free agency, there is no excuse to build a top 4 team in the SEC right away. Other schools are going to do it. South Carolina just did it. Florida just did it. Auburn and Tennessee, currently have less than 4 players on their roster.
Good points. Sounds overly optimistic and aggressive but I think you might be right.

Many of us have bitched about Cal for several years now, finally he is gone. The damage he has done remains behind, he has convinced some in the fan base that his way is the only way(that is what good salesmen do) His recent results don't back up his claims. Sure his former players back him up because that is what they believed from the moment they got here.

WWPD (What will Pope do) remains to be seen. He will have a hard time doing any worse than Cal over the last 2 or 3 years. We had the high profile players with all the media attention but at the end of the day(or season) what did we have to show for it.

Will Pope go 9/16 his first year? I don't think he will. Will he get to the FF ,probably not. If he can not lose to St Peters, UNC-W and Oakland I'll take that for starters.

He will need to get in some doors and start building connections and relationships.

Even with plenty of spreading around money Pope will need to build and promote his brand at least some.

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
This will all take time but honestly, I’m excited. I want to cheer on players for multiple years, know what to expect with players the next year, and watch a coach that is passionate about being here and loving the fan base who cheers him on.

I didn’t know how much I missed old Kentucky basketball until this past week. My best memories are 96-99 while I was at UK as a student. I just want to feel the excitement of a familiar roster that wants to be here again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT