ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky will beat UT silly

Vandy says hello! By the way newb, we have as much or more talent.

like Vandy never gives Kentucky fits? They hit 10 three pointers which kept them in the game. We will be ready when we roll into Rupp. The Vols have a far better shot at beating you there than Kentucky does at winning in Knoxville.

You have obviously not been paying attention.

Cal/Kentucky plays its best ball in March. Rick Barnes, everywhere he’s been, gets lofty rankings in January and fades in March.

Kevin Durant.

seems like we just hung a banner for being conference champions last season. Was I dreaming? In addition, Loyola does not beat us if Kyle Alexander had not been injured. They also got the benefit of a fortuitous call at the end of the game. Barnes had ZERO to do with either.

Reactions: VFL1970
@HerrosHeroes , why do you start these type of threads?

It's cool to be confident in your team, but why do you have to word it like that? Can't you just say you feel confident that UK will beat UT instead of "Kentucky will beat UT silly"?

You did this same crap when you were KWiltbuzz.

Me, I like UK's chances in both meetings against UT. I like how UK matches up in the front court and back court. I like how Herro, Q and Hagans are playing.

I like how we can bring in Richards and Montgomery now, they have length that UT doesn't have.

I also like the way PJ and RT will match up with Schofield and GW. Our guys are better.

I said it earlier this week. Tennessee and Michigan are starting to show some cracks, teams are figuring them out. We see this every year, some teams come out of the gate strong and some take a while to get it. Sometimes, those out of the gate fast teams fade and end up as seeds as bad as 8. I think we saw that with Oklahoma.

UK gets miles better every game and unfortunately for UT, they will be getting UK when UK will be the better team. I think UT is much closer to their ceiling than they realize, UK still has a long way to go and the cats have better talent.

However, they have to play the game and I expect these games to come down to the wire. Anything can happen.

I just hope these other teams that get UT on the ropes can figure out how to finish the job. Vandy and Bama failed.

Tennessee's crack has been Schofield has not played well three games in a row. He'll get it back

seems like we just hung a banner for being conference champions last season. Was I dreaming? In addition, Loyola does not beat us if Kyle Alexander had not been injured. They also got the benefit of a fortuitous call at the end of the game. Barnes had ZERO to do with either.

Lol at hanging a banner for a regular season SEC championship. That’s as bad as hanging one for an elite 8.

If you guys are hanging banners for that, how do you have room for all your final four and championship banners?

If you still think this, you haven't watched them this season. We are playing much better than we were, but they are for real, and it's very unlikely that we "beat them silly". I'll be happy with a 1 pt win, even at Rupp. Think a win there is unlikely.

Op is far and away the biggest homer in this board. That said, it won’t be as easy as some are making it out to be. Tennessee isn’t ranked one for the hell out it. They play bad against Vandy but that doesn’t translate to us beating them for sure. I’ll be happy with a split with them. If we go in and have a piss poor shooting night CLOD willl hump the hell out of this thread

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Tennessee's crack has been Schofield has not played well three games in a row. He'll get it back
They aren't defending worth a crap either. Alabama and Vanderbilt were scoring at will on them.
But the supporting cast at UT isn't playing all that great either. Grant Williams is pulling way too much weight right now

My local news is Knoxville. I was watching them interview fans the other day who were talking about UT being #1 and coming to Rupp to play UK. Then they turn around and it takes 41 points from a guy to barely survive Vandy. SEC little brother syndrome is in full effect.

Color me unimpressed.

Williams won’t get that crap on UK.
Williams has exceptional post moves.UT has a very good experienced team .Fortunately we have 20 fouls to give Williams. We will double him every time he turns his back to the basket. The game will be decided by how well UT's perimeter people shoot. Make no mistake ,UT is a contender for the title.

@HerrosHeroes , why do you start these type of threads?

It's cool to be confident in your team, but why do you have to word it like that? Can't you just say you feel confident that UK will beat UT instead of "Kentucky will beat UT silly"?

You did this same crap when you were KWiltbuzz.

Me, I like UK's chances in both meetings against UT. I like how UK matches up in the front court and back court. I like how Herro, Q and Hagans are playing.

I like how we can bring in Richards and Montgomery now, they have length that UT doesn't have.

I also like the way PJ and RT will match up with Schofield and GW. Our guys are better.

I said it earlier this week. Tennessee and Michigan are starting to show some cracks, teams are figuring them out. We see this every year, some teams come out of the gate strong and some take a while to get it. Sometimes, those out of the gate fast teams fade and end up as seeds as bad as 8. I think we saw that with Oklahoma.

UK gets miles better every game and unfortunately for UT, they will be getting UK when UK will be the better team. I think UT is much closer to their ceiling than they realize, UK still has a long way to go and the cats have better talent.

However, they have to play the game and I expect these games to come down to the wire. Anything can happen.

I just hope these other teams that get UT on the ropes can figure out how to finish the job. Vandy and Bama failed.
I agree with everything but I'm not sure about our guys being better. Williams and Schofield are two of the best players in the SEC. I think Reid will be okay but PJ still worries me about disappearing. I think our guards along with Keldon are better than theirs.

"We will beat Duke in November." - all of you

Dumbass alert.

Find my post where I said that.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/looking-back-at-the-bahamas-games.271748/#post-7128933

We are gonna beat the piss out of most teams. Duke included.

I think one of our OOC games stays within 10. I’m guessing that game is against Kansas, but that won’t even go to the last possession.

At UT will be toughest game of the season.

And make no mistake, they have already booked Higgins to ref our elite 8 through championship games.

Conference champions? That's cute. Call me when you make a FF

Reactions: BBUK
They aren't defending worth a crap either. Alabama and Vanderbilt were scoring at will on them.
But the supporting cast at UT isn't playing all that great either. Grant Williams is pulling way too much weight right now

yep....which defeats the premise that the Vols are playing their best basketball in January. We know they're not. They've got 5 guys that will play in the NBA despite their high school ratings-not a single top 100 guy! That is freakin' remarkable.

yep....which defeats the premise that the Vols are playing their best basketball in January. We know they're not. They've got 5 guys that will play in the NBA despite their high school ratings-not a single top 100 guy! That is freakin' remarkable.

Is that the Kentucky Effect?

Reactions: JC CATS
I agree with everything but I'm not sure about our guys being better. Williams and Schofield are two of the best players in the SEC. I think Reid will be okay but PJ still worries me about disappearing. I think our guards along with Keldon are better than theirs.
PJ chewed Williams up and spit him out last year. He was killing Grant Williams in Knoxville until he cramped up. PJ >>GW.
Reid Travis and Admiral Schofield are totally different players. AS is more of an outside shooter and Reid is a bruiser in the paint and is a better rebounder. Admiral is going to have to make a good percentage of his outside shots to neutralize Reid Travis' rebounding and stick Backs.

I would too, but a lot more interested in a National Title...

we should have went to the NCAA the three years in the 40's when we won the SEC. We could have claimed elite eight appearances as there were only eight teams. Win one and you made a final four.

I'm not going to compare histories as that would be foolish.

Reactions: JC CATS
like Vandy never gives Kentucky fits? They hit 10 three pointers which kept them in the game. We will be ready when we roll into Rupp. The Vols have a far better shot at beating you there than Kentucky does at winning in Knoxville.

Used to be Vandy students and fans were at least intelligent, now they are not only irreverent in sports but stupid too. :)

Never understand why the same people set themselves up like this with over the top takes. It’s one thing to believe you can win but another when you start talking junk like Tenn isn’t really that good. Same people flip out if UK loses and starts blaming refs, coach cal, players etc.

It’s going to be a battle for sure with both teams capable of winning. Hopefully Cal can get the edge but there is a big task at hand Sat that shouldn’t be overlooked. If UK losses that one the same over the top posters will have a “All is lost” attitude

What 5 guys?

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul

Two of their guys will make it. Maybe three. I think you don't understand how hard it is to actually make an NBA roster. Go ask Archie Goodwin, James Young, Marquis Teague, or Doron Lamb about that.

Tennessee fans are funny. I used to live down in UT country during the Vincent Yarbrough years. Whenever they have a team that is remotely decent, they start showing up and acting like they licensed college basketball at its point of origin, talking down to UK fans as if we haven't lost sleep over college hoops the last 50 years.

They're a funny bunch.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Meth is a helluva drug folks...

PJ chewed Williams up and spit him out last year. He was killing Grant Williams in Knoxville until he cramped up. PJ >>GW.
Reid Travis and Admiral Schofield are totally different players. AS is more of an outside shooter and Reid is a bruiser in the paint and is a better rebounder. Admiral is going to have to make a good percentage of his outside shots to neutralize Reid Travis' rebounding and stick Backs.
Grant Williams is the best player on the number one team in the country. PJ isn’t even the best player on his team. I hope he does it again but to base the comparison on one game last year is far off.

Reactions: kl40504
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT