ADVERTISEMENT

Tomorrow is huge

I hope we don't see you on here being disappointed after the game, but the post above seems to indicate you will.
I’m in my mid 60’s, Played college football and later played in the military prior to retirement. I’m fully aware of competition and how it works. You win some , you lose some. Going into a game with a losing mentality will get you beat everytime.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoCats53
I’m in my mid 60’s, Played college football and later played in the military prior to retirement. I’m fully aware of competition and how it works. You win some , you lose some. Going into a game with a losing mentality will get you beat everytime.
That's odd, because I went into the Bama and Auburn games thinking we would lose and we won! So, how did that happen?

Or are you saying the people that actually play the game should not have a loser mentality? Which, I don't think my post has any impact on the team.

That's odd, because I went into the Bama and Auburn games thinking we would lose and we won! So, how did that happen?

Or are you saying the people that actually play the game should not have a loser mentality? Which, I don't think my post has any impact on the team.
Your first post was advising everyone NOT to get their hopes up. That is throwing in the towel (do I need to explain that metaphor to you as well?) Have a good day loser!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Thats An Awful Idea
It would be the most significant win of the last four years, and would take BBN's enthusiasm for this UK team to another level.

That said, I don't think we take down Tennessee tomorrow. They're just a bad matchup for our guys, and I hope tomorrow is the last time we have to see them this season.
I would rank at KU in ‘22 higher, even though we blew the season.

Your first post was advising everyone NOT to get their hopes up. That is throwing in the towel (do I need to explain that metaphor to you as well?) Have a good day loser!!!!
Telling people not to get their hopes up when we are a pretty big underdog is throwing in the towel in your world?

So, what you're saying is you're not a realistic person? You just base everything purely on emotion?

Telling people not to get their hopes up when we are a pretty big underdog is throwing in the towel in your world?

So, what you're saying is you're not a realistic person? You just base everything purely on emotion?
Run along. You got nothing.

IMG-9370.jpg

Espn prediction scale gives UK a 15% chance.
Yeah I saw that. That post was last year’s game in Knoxville when we were 11.5 point underdogs and we won by 8. Some in our fanbase take that as gospel and automatically slot the games as a loss.

Tomorrow is a true test of how good we actually are! If we can win, we’re a contender. If we get blown out, we’re a pretender.

I don't know about this. I don't want to pretend this is a win/win for us, but Tenn is favored by almost double digits. We simply aren't supposed to win this type of game. If we play solid, but still lose by 5, with what I imagine will be awful officiating for a road SEC game.. my opinion on this team won't change much.

What will change is maybe how far I think we can go, as we will be looking at a possible 4 seed. That's what I think will hurt us.

But @Tenn is probably going to be a harder place to win, than any of our first 3-4 games in the NCAAT, and maybe even ANY game in the tournament. Losing by 4 to them while Dalton shoots 21 free throws, doesnt tell me we can't still beat almost anyone on a neutral site.

I mean, it seems like ESPN is saying we don't have much of a chance either. 15% makes you feel like we are going to win this game? How much are you willing to wager that UK wins?
Throw the point spreads and all other percentages out the window in rivalry games, in particular when both teams have motivations (seed lines). Both teams are evenly matched with the experience factor in Tennessee’s favor and talent going towards Kentucky. And btw, I don’t bet.

I mean, it seems like ESPN is saying we don't have much of a chance either. 15% makes you feel like we are going to win this game? How much are you willing to wager that UK wins?

I don't think ESPN or Vegas trusts us just yet. If we played like we did a month ago, Tennessee would win by 20. Our inconsistency is what makes people think Kentucky isn't likely to win.. which I completely get.

But what they are failing to see, is that this is how an awful lot of Cal's teams go. We look weak in January and early February, and then we start to put it together by late Feb and early March.

I imagine Auburn and Alabama and Ole Miss were favored over us by a few points. But we played a good deal better, and were mostly healthy, than we were in November.

Auburn was -8.5 at Auburn this year. UK won by 11. So,,,,
Auburn has ONE loss on the year at home, UK.

Not say it will happen, but to act like it is a impossible task is just foolish. A lot of posters on here always say "it is hard to beat a team twice" when UK plays someone for the second time, does that just relate to UK ? Or is it in play for ALL teams ?

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I don't think ESPN or Vegas trusts us just yet. If we played like we did a month ago, Tennessee would win by 20. Our inconsistency is what makes people think Kentucky isn't likely to win.. which I completely get.

But what they are failing to see, is that this is how an awful lot of Cal's teams go. We look weak in January and early February, and then we start to put it together by late Feb and early March.

I imagine Auburn and Alabama and Ole Miss were favored over us by a few points. But we played a good deal better, and were mostly healthy, than we were in November.
Nope, UK was a 1.5 point favorite against Alabama, and and 8.5 point favorite against Ole Miss. AT Auburn we was 8.5 point underdogs.

Reactions: Thats An Awful Idea
Throw the point spreads and all other percentages out the window in rivalry games, in particular when both teams have motivations (seed lines). Both teams are evenly matched with the experience factor in Tennessee’s favor and talent going towards Kentucky. And btw, I don’t bet.
So, why don't all these betting metrics, espn and others just toss those out the window for this "rivalry" game?

You didn't tell us how much you're throwing on the Cats tomorrow? And show us your betting slip so we can verify! Otherwise, you don't have much faith they are going to win it either.

Auburn was -8.5 at Auburn this year. UK won by 11. So,,,,
Auburn has ONE loss on the year at home, UK.

Not say it will happen, but to act like it is a impossible task is just foolish. A lot of posters on here always say "it is hard to beat a team twice" when UK plays someone for the second time, does that just relate to UK ? Or is it in play for ALL teams ?
I don’t think anyone is saying it's impossible. There is a big difference between impossible and unlikely. UK is in fact very unlikely to win tomorrow. Could they? Sure! It just isn't something I would get my hopes up for.

I hope tomorrow at 6pm, you all are here rubbing my face in this thread. However, do I think that will be the case? Hell no!

So, why don't all these betting metrics, espn and others just toss those out the window for this "rivalry" game?

You didn't tell us how much you're throwing on the Cats tomorrow? And show us your betting slip so we can verify! Otherwise, you don't have much faith they are going to win it either.
I said I don’t bet. Regardless, I’ve got Kentucky winning tomorrow.

At the time Bama was in first place in the SEC. I'm not sure who you think Tenn is, they have lost 6 games. So North Carolina has also lost 6 games, UK being one. So...
Bama was in first because they had the easiest schedule, not because they were the best team. We were actually favored against them by 1.5.

NC isn't TN. And we were favored against UNC iirc, and we played on a neutral court. They also play in the worst P5 conference and have had a cake walk. I don't think UNC is that good either.

TN is among the best defensive teams in the country. Top 3 actually. They started slow because Zeigler was just back from his season ending injury last spring. They have one of the best offensive players in the country, will be at home, are favored by almost 10 points. Pretty much everyone not wearing blue tinted glasses expects them to win.

What else you got?

I said I don’t bet. Regardless, I’ve got Kentucky winning tomorrow.
Lol, dude, if you aren't willing to throw a couple of bucks on a team that you feel is likely to win, particularly when they are massive underdogs and the payout would be good, you don't have that much faith in them actually winning.

Sure sounds like you're the one with "nothing" as you put it! 🤣

Lol, dude, if you aren't willing to throw a couple of bucks on a team that you feel is likely to win, particularly when they are massive underdogs and the payout would be good, you don't have that much faith in them actually winning.

Sure sounds like you're the one with "nothing" as you put it! 🤣
I don’t risk any of my hard earned money on 18 and 19 year olds. You do you, as you say.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Emotions favor the Cats senior day notwithstanding. For them not to have somewhat of a letdown after the big win at USC securing the SEC title would be a surprise.

James is the key imo. He’s had a better year than in the past but he’s always hurt the Cats especially earlier this year.

Can Reeves, Rob, and Reed go off against a tough defense? Picking the Vols in Old Reds game. Can see the line is what it is.

Does UT have any non -contributing seniors who might start tomorrow? Do they even do that?

The Cats can win. Here’s hoping.

Reactions: Fox2monk
If I'm Cal, I'm asking which guy wants to just follow Dalton all game. Just for this game, take someone like Adou, and say "the only thing I want from you is to just pester him for 40min. Don't worry about making shots, passing, fouls even going hard for rebounds.. your job is to just slow him down as best you can.

Because here's the thing.. remove their best player Dalton.. and remove ours, say Dilly. Which team is better? It's UK and I think in this scenario we boat race them.
If you’re Cal would you just stay home tomorrow then retire on Sunday?

Beat UT, and everyone will be on board with this team.

Beat UT and Villanova beats Creighton, we’re in the driver seat for a 3 seed.

Beat UT and we’re the 2 seed in the SECT.

Beat UT and we may knock them out of a 1 seed.

Beat UT.
It’s a cool idea, but even if we beat Tennessee I won’t be shocked if we immediately lose the first game we play in the SEC tournament.

I got faith bro’. You sound like you want the Cats to lose.
Not at all. I am just perplexed that someone who is so positive about their chances isn't at least throwing a couple of bucks on them. Particularly with the long odds.

I hope you can run back here tomorrow and say "I told you so" to me and rub this all in my face, but realistically and logically, the odds aren't good.

Not at all. I am just perplexed that someone who is so positive about their chances isn't at least throwing a couple of bucks on them. Particularly with the long odds.

I hope you can run back here tomorrow and say "I told you so" to me and rub this all in my face, but realistically and logically, the odds aren't good.
Ohhhh I will. I definitely will.

The chc wants UK to lose so they can continue to spew their hate.

Well, screw the CHC.

We’re winning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT