ADVERTISEMENT

***** Kentucky vs. Kansas State Official Game Thread *****

I agree.

It's not like he teaches players to make horrible passes or miss every single jumper when they made them in previous games.

ANd it's just not a good mentality to have with who-ever our future coach is. Kentucky is not going to win a Final4 every single year. We won't win a S16 every single year. The way we pin all the blame on the coach, and think he's unfit to be here.. we're never going to be happy with the guy we have.

Look at Marquette getting blasted right now. Is that on Shaka? for sure. But sometimes the team just doesn't perform well.

ANd it's just not a good mentality to have with who-ever our future coach is. Kentucky is not going to win a Final4 every single year. We won't win a S16 every single year. The way we pin all the blame on the coach, and think he's unfit to be here.. we're never going to be happy with the guy we have.

Look at Marquette getting blasted right now. Is that on Shaka? for sure. But sometimes the team just doesn't perform well.
How often do you think UK should make one before we blame the coach. He is the only consistent piece

K State was 2/17 from 3 in the first 36 minutes and 3/4 in the final 4 minutes including the absurd 28 footer that 1 guy hit for his first and only basket of the day.

How often do you think UK should make one before we blame the coach. He is the only consistent piece

He's in a bad stretch now for sure. But I think it's unreasonable to expect much more than 2-3 final4s and 5-7 sweet16s in a decade. I don't think there's any coach out there I firmly trust to do that.

That's not to say I want Cal as our coach 3 years from now. I just don't want expectations to become unrealistic. You're likely not going to find a guy that can get you elite talent, 3/4 year players, and great X's and O's, every single year.. You're likely only getting 1 of those. And you're likely losing in the tournament before the Final games.

That's not what a choke is lol. And I don't even know why Kentucky would be favored over KSU. That makes me wonder if betting just moved us because some people THOUGHT we could take it to another level. But no reason to think UK was "supposed" to win this game..
How do you say this? No reason to think we’d win? I mean is this our standard now? Not expecting to beat Kstate with an easy path to a Ff. Again! Yes we should have been there and we should have won! We had the better team. It was another choke similar to 2018

How do you say this? No reason to think we’d win? I mean is this our standard now? Not expecting to beat Kstate with an easy path to a Ff. Again! Yes we should have been there and we should have won! We had the better team. It was another choke similar to 2018
We were a 6 seed. We weren't that good. You don't get to ding a team twice because they a. Weren't good and then b. Lost to a team that was better than us.

It was a bad overall season, for sure. But today shouldn't have been seen as some surprise or "choke".

Cal slurpers are really morons as you keep proving.

You can hit that ignore button anytime. You're not someone I ever cared to converse with, because you're one of the types of "fans" who would rather see Kentucky lose to stick it to Cal.

I have no use for those fringe posters. You're the HerrosHeros on the other side of the isle.

You can hit that ignore button anytime. You're not someone I ever cared to converse with, because you're one of the types of "fans" who would rather see Kentucky lose to stick it to Cal.

I have no use for those fringe posters. You're the HerrosHeros on the other side of the isle.
We have 1 tournament win in 3 years and you’re still gung-ho defend Cal? Bro get your priorities straight

We have 1 tournament win in 3 years and you’re still gung-ho defend Cal? Bro get your priorities straight

I just don't think we need to do things like "we didn't win a single tournament game" while including the covid canceled year. That sort of style of debating seems disingenuous to me. You guys have more than enough ammo on Cal.

I don’t understand the logic of anybody defending Cal. Why? Explain your position?

I like looking at things realistically. Let's say, we won a final4 this year and the "Cal slurpers" tried to downplay what happened the last few years of pure inept basketball.. that would be just as equally "false" or fake to me. And, id call it out too. Neither side needs to twist things.

I feel like Cals last few years have been say a 3/10. Some of you guys seem like you're trying to make it a -16/10. But you really don't need to, to make your point. We don't need to pretend Providence isn't good. Beating them didn't fix Cals woes this season.

Its just a more realistic and fair way of looking at it and judging accordingly.

We were a 6 seed. We weren't that good. You don't get to ding a team twice because they a. Weren't good and then b. Lost to a team that was better than us.

It was a bad overall season, for sure. But today shouldn't have been seen as some surprise or "choke".
We were preseason top 5. Stop acting like we were some massive underdog. Final four was the expectation this season it was there and we choked it away with toppin and reeves 2-22 combined.

We were preseason top 5. Stop acting like we were some massive underdog. Final four was the expectation this season it was there and we choked it away with toppin and reeves 2-22 combined.

Oh you're not wrong. It was the expectation and we under delivered.

But I think as of noon today, we were all aware that Kentucky was overrated, and there was a reason we were a 6-seed and not a 1-seed. Kstate was/is a better team than us this year. There should have been no false illusions that Kentucky was any real favorite to win today.

Watch the highlights from the 2 three's they hit were absurd shots from way deep Wallace was on Noel he hits a step back 25 footer and the other dude hits a 30 footer with both shots coming when they were losing by 4 and by 1. Shots you want them to take. Sickening they went in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT