ADVERTISEMENT

******* KENTUCKY- SAINT PETERS THREAD *********

Wisconsin game all over again. Stall ball. Guys had no clue what to do and didn’t even want to touch the ball.
Give St. Peter's coach a little credit. I told my buddy when he called TO and we were up 6 and had the ball, if I were coaching St. P I would go to a zone defense and we will never get a shot off.

He knows Cal as much as we do. No zone defense means no zone offense.

Think about it. If you do not teach zone defense, then you can NEVER practice a zone offense.

We didn't have a clue how to attack a simple 2-3 zone.

$8.8M just don't buy you much anymore.

We will not get better as long as Cal is our coach. We are the ones who should have hired Payne.

I didn't believe that Sharpe would ever play for Kentucky to begin with, but after watching this mess, why would you want your son to ruin his game playing for Cal? Player after player leaves Cal's system and perform far better at another university or in the NBA than they did under Cal. He has no idea how to develop his players. They are better setting out a year than playing under Cal.
Honestly Kenny Payne was the main reason our big got better, that Wisconsin loss and the North Carolina one in 2017 were the turning point. Cal gets out coaches constantly, very shooter he recruits turns into a JV player in March, and he has no idea how to run a a half court offense

Well if Cal stays, all the opponents need to know is play zone defense and dribble drive our man defense and we lose. Our coach doesn't know how to make adjustments. Sorry our HOF coach. Excuse me.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBUK
I bet the kid with the mustache who those 3’s wasn’t a 5 star. But he could damn sure shoot the ball.
We need kids that have the ability to shoot and that are tough competitors. Not guys that are at UK to get to the next level. You can let some other college get the 5 stars who can shoot.

Cal is only a good coach when he has overwhelming talent, that make up his short comings as a X&O coach. His coaching has cost at least two national championships. Doesn't Play zone because he can't teach it. Doesn't zone press because he cant teach it. No inbounds plays because cant teach it. No zone inbounds plays. Never makes adjustments during games or for that matter in practice evidently. Does he scout other teams games and figure out how to play them. Slows down game because he wants to play point guard and call every play. During huddles other coaches try to do interject with a player or with him and he has a fit. Have you every seen him ask any of his assistants for their opinion on anything no. He a Primadonna. That means he has a inflated view of himself, the smartest man in the room, why would I listen to one of my assistants. Never any adjustments during games or between games, we haven't been getting Grady or any of our three point shooters good looks all season against good defensive teams. No adjustments again. Just watched Cal interview said he had to take players out because they had good shots and wouldn't shoot. Thats a lie the only people getting open looks was the other team.

Barnhart, what do you do when Rupp Arena is empty next year?

Mitch_Barnhart.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: CROCAT
If the refs didn't call a foul on the steal down 3 with 30 seconds left Wheeler would had a layup down 1. Not saying it wasn't a foul or not a foul just saying if refs don't call it we seen plenty of those not called in that situation at end of games.

If the refs didn't call a foul on the steal down 3 with 30 seconds left Wheeler would had a layup down 1. Not saying it wasn't a foul or not a foul just saying if refs don't call it we seen plenty of those not called in that situation at end of games.
I also saw Wheeler on every left handed drive and layup hold, hook, or push the defender with his right hand to get by him. The team that should have won, did win.

I for one am not that disappointed. It has to get worse before it gets better. I said early in the season that I hope UK loses every game if it helps us get rid of Calipari. He is really like Lucy that holds the football for Charlie Brown. He gets your hopes up and then dashes them to pieces. Cal cultists are like Charlie Brown and keep falling for it. As a kid, I kept hoping Charlie Brown would kick Lucy 60 yards. Now I wish UK would kick Calipari out to his new home in Nashville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT