ADVERTISEMENT

"kentucky is about to shock the college basketball world"

kyjeff1

All-American
Sep 8, 2012
I've never seen this guy before, so I don't know if he’s just a hyped up UK fan, or someone neutral, but he makes some really bold predictions at the end.

So, do we all agree that, again, Cal will have supreme talent and all the weapons needed to be a real Final 4 threat? Or nah?

Best coach in the college game, great talent even though young, great player development, everything in our favor.

Gonna be great!! I’m sure there will be some speed bumps for the CHC to celebrate. But they are only speed bumps. Certainly a FF team.

After that you need some luck too.

Can’t wait!!🏀

I'm a little intrigued by the lack of motivation from Cal to go get a back-to-the-basket big man. A part of me is starting to think maybe, just maybe he is going to run a modern offense. If he does that, he might actually have something.

But if he still runs his same ole stuff, he will not come close to maximizing the potential this team has.

I can see it realistically going either way. Not to bash, but hard to get all excited when we know who's managing games. I've lost all faith in his in-game coaching decisions.

This. After blowing 2010 by letting his team take dumb shots the entire game, blowing 2014 by not zoning UConn, blowing 2015 by switching everything on D, and blowing 2017 by not having a clue how to attack the zone in the last 5 minutes… I just feel like any success we have is going to be in spite of him. And I hate feeling like that, I really do. I want to have faith in our coach.

I'm a little intrigued by the lack of motivation from Cal to go get a back-to-the-basket big man. A part of me is starting to think maybe, just maybe he is going to run a modern offense. If he does that, he might actually have something.

But if he still runs his same ole stuff, he will not come close to maximizing the potential this team has.

I’m right there with you. Everybody on here acting like the sky is falling if we don’t sign one more big… I don’t get it. I’ve had enough of bigs. Let’s just be the team that’s faster than everybody else, makes the extra pass, and takes smart shots every possession. That’s enough to get us to the promised land.

Best coach in the college game, great talent even though young, great player development, everything in our favor.

Gonna be great!! I’m sure there will be some speed bumps for the CHC to celebrate. But they are only speed bumps. Certainly a FF team.

Can’t wait!!🏀
A true "Best coach in the game" doesn’t perform as poorly as Cal has the last 5 years.

Even Cal will tell you he isn’t close to the best in-game coaches and he's good with that, he's not doing this to win that award, he coaches with his players immediate future in mind. Can't have both, well, you can, but not the way Cal does it.

I’m right there with you. Everybody on here acting like the sky is falling if we don’t sign one more big… I don’t get it. I’ve had enough of bigs. Let’s just be the team that’s faster than everybody else, makes the extra pass, and takes smart shots every possession. That’s enough to get us to the promised land.
I think everyone wants to see Cal go grab a legit big man, because we all know how Cal plays offense. He also tried to land a couple guys that were straight post players.

But, if Cal goes and gets another athletic 5 that can shoot, I will start to really believe he is going to try to run a spread offense this year and that would be a huge change.

I think everyone wants to see Cal go grab a legit big man, because we all know how Cal plays offense. He also tried to land a couple guys that were straight post players.

But, if Cal goes and gets another athletic 5 that can shoot, I will start to really believe he is going to try to run a spread offense this year and that would be a huge change.

Heard Tubby is going to run more this year with Rondo returning…

Seriously though, Cal has actually played a modern offense at times - 2011, 2012, 2017, 3 months in 2022. So who the hell knows at this point

Reactions: Fox2monk
Heard Tubby is going to run more this year with Rondo returning…

Seriously though, Cal has actually played a modern offense at times - 2011, 2012, 2017, 3 months in 2022. So who the hell knows at this point
I've never actually seen him run a true 5 out offense. He doesn't trust the 3 point shot enough to do it, maybe he'll do it this year.

If you spread the court with these guards, there is no stopping the dribble drive. Wagner, Dillingham, Edwards and even Reeves and Shep, can get ro the rim off the bounce with ease.

It would be a crime if Cal puts 2 non shooters out there again. That will clog the paint and make scoring at the rim about as difficult as possible.

Seems to me we have one already, we just don’t know how good he will be.

We also got a commitment who has been a rumored reclass, and Cal made a point to talk about August transfers.

Just saying, not sure we know Cal’s motivation until the roster finalizes.

Would say that the Tre Mitchell add + the issues with Bradshaw start to move the conversation toward playing some 5 out. Our collection of guards with Edwards at the 4 and Mitchell at the 5…ok I’ll stop. Don’t want to get my hopes up.

Seems to me we have one already, we just don’t know how good he will be.

We also got a commitment who has been a rumored reclass, and Cal made a point to talk about August transfers.

Just saying, not sure we know Cal’s motivation until the roster finalizes.

Would say that the Tre Mitchell add + the issues with Bradshaw start to move the conversation toward playing some 5 out. Our collection of guards with Edwards at the 4 and Mitchell at the 5…ok I’ll stop. Don’t want to get my hopes up.
Yeah, Ugo is definitely a traditional big and he will get some playing time, but there is no way he's going to be ready this year. He just has way too much ground to make up.

I just hope Cal figures that out before January. He gets in his own way too often and thinks players that are struggling can just play through it.

Bradshaw and Mitchell seem to be the most obvious front court guys at this point, but Cal still needs depth there.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I’m sad to say this, but I don’t really have the confidence that Cal will do anything differently. I don’t have the confidence he will coach this team to a final four. Sorry. Prove me wrong Cal. I love the team - would love it even more with one more 5. I like Cal, but he has really performed poorly for a number of years now. So he has to prove me wrong I guess.

Do you legit think John Calipari is the "best coach in the college game"? Honestly asking.
I do. Not really a whole lot in that conversation today. Cal, Self, Pitino, maybe Drew?, Few, maybe I’m forgetting someone?

Sustained excellence over time. Only Cal and Pitino have taken 3 schools to a FF.

And Cal’s 2 other than UK are far more impressive than Pitino’s other 2.

And I’m ready for Cal to move on. Because of the players first thing. Not coaching. I want a program first coach at UK.

But I also know there’s not a better coach out there.

I’m sad to say this, but I don’t really have the confidence that Cal will do anything differently. I don’t have the confidence he will coach this team to a final four. Sorry. Prove me wrong Cal. I love the team - would love it even more with one more 5. I like Cal, but he has really performed poorly for a number of years now. So he has to prove me wrong I guess.
I’ll say that Cal’s best defensive teams tend to funnel everything towards a shot blocker.

I can see us making changes offensively with the addition of Welch, but I doubt we’ll be at our best defensively unless we have that traditional Cal post presence. Preferably one who is adept in pick and roll/pick and pop scenarios on the offensive end.

if this team gets to the FF the haters will put out a lot of spin and excuses so they do not have to admit they were wrong
if this team does not hit at least the E8 then the extreme lovers will put out a lot of spin and excuses

so is the life of a UK fan...................

Reactions: ksharpless
I do. Not really a whole lot in that conversation today. Cal, Self, Pitino, maybe Drew?, Few, maybe I’m forgetting someone?

Sustained excellence over time. Only Cal and Pitino have taken 3 schools to a FF.

And Cal’s 2 other than UK are far more impressive than Pitino’s other 2.

And I’m ready for Cal to move on. Because of the players first thing. Not coaching. I want a program first coach at UK.

But I also know there’s not a better coach out there.

I think you can make a longer list of coaches who have out-coached Cal over the last few years, but he easily has a top 5 career of anyone coaching today.

I do tend to believe that there are a number of young and hungry coaches who would do a better job for us than Cal over the next 5-7 years, but I’m not saying it will be easy to pick the right person.

if this team gets to the FF the haters will put out a lot of spin and excuses so they do not have to admit they were wrong
if this team does not hit at least the E8 then the extreme lovers will put out a lot of spin and excuses

so is the life of a UK fan...................
Yeah, not true. Most of the fans I see on my side of the fence, are usually on here praising Cal when he does a good job.

See, the difference between you guys and us, is we don't run and hide like you guys do. When Cal does a good job, we are right here patting him on the back and praising him, but after a loss, you dudes disappear, then sneak back in after the next win and act smug.

What you fail to realize is we want Cal to be great. Heck, we probably want him to be great more than he does.

Do you legit think John Calipari is the "best coach in the college game"? Honestly asking.
schitts creek no GIF by CBC

Yeah, not true. Most of the fans I see on my side of the fence, are usually on here praising Cal when he does a good job.

See, the difference between you guys and us, is we don't run and hide like you guys do. When Cal does a good job, we are right here patting him on the back and praising him, but after a loss, you dudes disappear, then sneak back in after the next win and act smug.

What you fail to realize is we want Cal to be great. Heck, we probably want him to be great more than he does.
and the spin begins before the season even starts

Can’t wait!!🏀
Your satire is a hoot. 🦉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT