ADVERTISEMENT

"kentucky is about to shock the college basketball world"

Dillingham in this vid …I’m an older guy so I saw Iverson many times live …spot on …hoping Bradshaw plays but lots of speculation from LH …I gotta see them play live before making predictions …why I’m pumped about the Canada games …sneak preview

Reactions: Ukgold
Dillingham in this vid …I’m an older guy so I saw Iverson many times live …spot on …hoping Bradshaw plays but lots of speculation from LH …I gotta see them play live before making predictions …why I’m pumped about the Canada games …sneak preview
You don’t have to be that much older to remember AI, AI is one of the best ever. Slow down brother.

LMAO, Dillingham has NOTHING on Iverson. We picking random NBA legends to compare to a randomly put-together team?

You don’t have to be that much older to remember AI, AI is one of the best ever. Slow down brother.
Yeah was referencing the handles and quickness …not that Dilly would be a great like Allen …who by the way, after his infamous “we talking about practice man” interview career seemed to slowly fade …was about 20 years ago …get the feeling a lot of young guys here

Seems to me we have one already, we just don’t know how good he will be.

We also got a commitment who has been a rumored reclass, and Cal made a point to talk about August transfers.

Just saying, not sure we know Cal’s motivation until the roster finalizes.

Would say that the Tre Mitchell add + the issues with Bradshaw start to move the conversation toward playing some 5 out. Our collection of guards with Edwards at the 4 and Mitchell at the 5…ok I’ll stop. Don’t want to get my hopes up.
That’s right. One of Cals famous quotes “you are a fraud if you don’t have a solid post presence”.

Btw cal hasn’t been able to coach 4 out so honestly I don’t care to see him experiment with a 5 man spread the floor no post presence. No way can we defend like that and Cals refusal to zone well we have to have rim protection or we will get shredded in the lane like last season. I also think you’re dead on that he’s trying to add someone. The problem is the pickings are very very slim so I wouldn’t refer to it as lack of motivation more like lack of options. I hope he can snag a guy though because that’s the difference between a team who is an early out vs a true title contender. I believe we have ff capability if cal can find that big man. Dante ideally. Cyril would be raw but if he can defend and rebound I would be happy there.

Splitting the baby, Joey Hart is good enough to average 10+ ppg, but he will have to fight his way on the floor for this team.
For him to average 10 ppg would come at the expense of reed. Bbn would be apoplectic. This team is supposed to have a top 3 all time recruiting class. Joey hart would have to be severely severely underrated to be able to beat these other freshmen out

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I think you can make a longer list of coaches who have out-coached Cal over the last few years, but he easily has a top 5 career of anyone coaching today.

I do tend to believe that there are a number of young and hungry coaches who would do a better job for us than Cal over the next 5-7 years, but I’m not saying it will be easy to pick the right person.
I don’t know if he’s been outcoached.

But I also agree there’s some great up and coming coaches.

But you don’t know if they can handle this job.

But I wouldn’t be afraid to try if it were my decision.

I would never hire a coach for UK that hasn’t taken a team to a FF before.

With the exception being Vogel. But an NBA title is on his resume. Add in that he did work here. He understands.

We are many years away from hiring a new coach.

Maybe in that time someone will show themselves to be an obvious choice?

Reactions: Aike
Do you legit think John Calipari is the "best coach in the college game"? Honestly asking.
Not even worth asking that poster. I’m convinced they are like HerrosHeros, and just an act account or something. I really hope that’s it because they would be insane if they believed all they post about Cal at this point.

Splitting the baby, Joey Hart is good enough to average 10+ ppg, but he will have to fight his way on the floor for this team.
Seems like cal give everyone alot of rope early in the schedule, trying to find out who adjust. If he can play solid D and make a few 3's which at 40+ percent should be possible. They make him sound better then Shep... I don't think so but maybe.

I've said from the start. This will be on Cal if Kentucky isn't a top 10 team this season. We are good to go. This is a great team. We shouldn't have more then 6-7 losses all together, and if we get out played out coached in the elite 8 so be it. But this is at least a elite 8 team.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildcatsworld
I've never seen this guy before, so I don't know if he’s just a hyped up UK fan, or someone neutral, but he makes some really bold predictions at the end.

So, do we all agree that, again, Cal will have supreme talent and all the weapons needed to be a real Final 4 threat? Or nah?

UK probably has enough talent, but the question is whether the young players are good enough college basketball players currently. Recruiting service rankings and projected draft positions don’t have anything to do with answering that question. All-American and All-Conference teams chosen after the season do, but that’s unknown at this time. So, I don’t know if Calipari or any other coach could direct this team into being a contender. But since not knowing doesn’t mean can’t, I’m going to hope this team is in the discussion for a deep run in March.

Last edited:
Man if Dilly turns into some version of AI Ill be jacked.AI was fun to watch.These games should provide us with lots of msg board gossip

Maybe I am wrong but if Hart is playing 10-15 mins a game that would be a bad thing. That would mean somebody is hurt or someone ahead of him is just playing flat out terrible right?

Cats failed no longer a big dog. We have to show we are good because we haven't been in years. We are not a top 10 program. But this team should be very good. There is no excuse Mitch and Cal. None. The dream team fell in your lap.

Maybe I am wrong but if Hart is playing 10-15 mins a game that would be a bad thing. That would mean somebody is hurt or someone ahead of him is just playing flat out terrible right?

It would probably mean someone is hurt or he is just playing great.

It’s also a long season and we do tend to stay nicked up. He might not play 10-15 a night, but there could be nights when we need him to.

Seems like cal give everyone alot of rope early in the schedule, trying to find out who adjust. If he can play solid D and make a few 3's which at 40+ percent should be possible. They make him sound better then Shep... I don't think so but maybe.

That will be a tall order, but would be a nice problem to have. I think they’re different kinds of players - Reed more a 1/2 while Hart more a 2 who can play at the 3.

Soooo you're not even going to try to debate what I said? At least try.

You won't try, because you know what I'm saying is true.
no its not
if we have a great season people like you will spin spin spin

just enjoy the season and see how it plays out instead of constantly whining, crying and complaining like you do
a few like you hijack almost every thread with your hate filled venom

I don’t know if he’s been outcoached.

But I also agree there’s some great up and coming coaches.

But you don’t know if they can handle this job.

But I wouldn’t be afraid to try if it were my decision.

I would never hire a coach for UK that hasn’t taken a team to a FF before.

With the exception being Vogel. But an NBA title is on his resume. Add in that he did work here. He understands.

We are many years away from hiring a new coach.

Maybe in that time someone will show themselves to be an obvious choice?
If you can't tell that JC has been outcoached time and time again the last 5 years, you have no idea what you are looking at.
Cal has had more talent than 99% of the teams he has lost to since he got here, how do you think that happens?

You think Bob Huggins had more talent than our 2010 team? Do you think Moody (Richmond) had more talent on his 2020 team than Cal had? Do you think Walter McCarty had more talent on his Evansville team than UK had? Did Robert Morris, Saint Peters, Kansas State, Kansas State, Vanderbilt 2022, South Carolina 2022, Wisconsin, Auburn 2019 and UConn 2014 have more talent? No, they didn't.

no its not
if we have a great season people like you will spin spin spin

just enjoy the season and see how it plays out instead of constantly whining, crying and complaining like you do
a few like you hijack almost every thread with your hate filled venom
Show me where I spin spin spin? When UK wins, I'm on here 'til 2am celebrating and bragging about how great everyone did.

You don't know shit, you're just guessing.

I don't know. I prefer to just wait and see how the first few games pan out before figuring out whether or not we have enough talent to make a final four.

Should be a talented team. With Freshman who knows when it will click tho. If it clicks at all.

I'm a little intrigued by the lack of motivation from Cal to go get a back-to-the-basket big man. A part of me is starting to think maybe, just maybe he is going to run a modern offense. If he does that, he might actually have something.

But if he still runs his same ole stuff, he will not come close to maximizing the potential this team has.

A lot of folks around the program are saying Cal has 100% confidence in Welch. That is a good thing if so.

There’s a very large margin of error in projecting this team right now because we have a lot of raw talent on paper, but only 2 players on the whole roster who are truly a known quantity. If most or all of our highly rated freshmen (and inexperienced sophomores) prove ready to be stars at the college level, then contending for a championship isn’t out of the question. If it turns out almost none of them are ready, we could be as bad as the 9-16 team, although probably with a slightly better record since the cupcake games won’t be cancelled this year.

The most likely outcome probably falls somewhere in between those two extremes, meaning we’ll have both some exciting highs and some frustrating bumps in the road. I just hope if that’s the case that they more resemble the 2010 team where they’re clearly getting better and make a run at the end of the year as opposed to staying inconsistent from start to finish.

There’s a very large margin of error in projecting this team right now because we have a lot of raw talent on paper, but only 2 players on the whole roster who are truly a known quantity. If most or all of our highly rated freshmen (and inexperienced sophomores) prove ready to be stars at the college level, then contending for a championship isn’t out of the question. If it turns out almost none of them are ready, we could be as bad as the 9-16 team, although probably with a slightly better record since the cupcake games won’t be cancelled this year.

The most likely outcome probably falls somewhere in between those two extremes, meaning we’ll have both some exciting highs and some frustrating bumps in the road. I just hope if that’s the case that they more resemble the 2010 team where they’re clearly getting better and make a run at the end of the year as opposed to staying inconsistent from start to finish.
As thin as this team is, all 5 freshmen need to be legit. Can't have a BJB, Askew, Skal, or Whitney. There is no good option if Edwards, Bradshaw and/or Wagner turn out to be projects.

We’re going to need Reed and Dillingham to be able to man.up against much more seasoned competition too.

There are a lot of cats to heard with this lineup.

I would feel closer to this if Somto Cyril was DeMarcus Cousins AND he was coming this year.

I'm not sure the premier program in the sport, winning with the number one recruiting class, qualifies as "shocking the world."
You're right, it shouldn't.

I'm not sure we're the premier program anymore, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT