ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas Players

oh bull crap....everyone on here thought UK was going to win by 10+ so don't even say that garbage. i could go find the KU/UK prediction thread to prove my point.

Speak for yourself. I did Not! I think there was real worry among fans with a brain because of Fox ankle, & Mulder sickness.

Even if they were healthy, we were bad defensively then. Now, if we would've met in final 4 I'd go with cats everytime because we were healthy & a MUCH better defensive team.

You might want to tell that to players like Harrison Barnes, James Michael McAdoo and Marquis Bolden. All 3 of those players were projected as lottery picks (Barnes #1) before their freshman seasons. Devin Booker and Eric Bledsoe were not only not projected as lottery picks, they weren't projected as one and done. They are both better pros after 1 year Cal than Barnes and McAdoo after multiple seasons under Roy.

As for the one and dones, I think I would take Karl Towns over Jahlil Okafor even though they were in the same class and Okafor was ranked ahead of Towns coming out of high school. I would also take Booker, Towns and Lyles over Okafor, Justice Winslow and Tyus Jones. Either Cal did a better job of developing his players than Krzyzewski or the recruiting experts didn't have a clue when they ranked the players.

their freshman won a title. but if i were a big man i would never go play for Duke

Ballsy.. Early flameout again with supposedly their best team in years. If i talked this much shit all year only to finish equal with Kentucky and no Final 4..

Keep on keeping on Kansas!

2 final fours in like 15 years.. Absurdly impotent in the tournament. Lmfao.

Ballsy.. Early flameout again with supposedly their best team in years. If i talked this much shit all year only to finish equal with Kentucky and no Final 4..

Keep on keeping on Kansas!

2 final fours in like 15 years.. Absurdly impotent in the tournament. Lmfao.

sadly fans and media only see what happens in march as the measurement of success for a season. are you saying south carolina who didn't play well all year but made the final four had a better season that UK and KU? what about Syracuse last year?

their freshman won a title. but if i were a big man i would never go play for Duke
I didn't realize we were talking about whose teams won titles. Maybe I should have compared them to Josh Selby, Ben McLemore, Wayne Seldon, the Morris twins, Thomas Robinson and Perry Ellis. I don't think any of them won a title either.

Reactions: brianpoe
sadly fans and media only see what happens in march as the measurement of success for a season. are you saying south carolina who didn't play well all year but made the final four had a better season that UK and KU? what about Syracuse last year?
But then you bring up the fact that Okafor, Winslow and Jones won a title when comparing them to Towns, Booker and Lyles. It truly is sad that fans do what you have just gone.

But then you bring up the fact that Okafor, Winslow and Jones won a title when comparing them to Towns, Booker and Lyles. It truly is sad that fans do what you have just gone.

duke was good in 2015 and so was UK. Wisconsin beat UK but UK had the better year over Wisconsin. answer the question...did South Carolina have a better year than KU and UK simply because they made the final four?

duke was good in 2015 and so was UK. Wisconsin beat UK but UK had the better year over Wisconsin. answer the question...did South Carolina have a better year than KU and UK simply because they made the final four?
You used the fact that Duke won the '15 when making the argument that Cal doesn't develop players. Do you think Okafor, Winslow and Jones were as ready for the NBA as Towns, Booker and Lyles? The Duke players were higher ranked coming out of high school, but the UK players were more prepared for the NBA after 1 season and I think Cal and his staff did a better job of development than Krzyzewski. Would you agree?

My answer to your question is that of the 3 teams, UK had the best season with KU second and South Carolina third.

You used the fact that Duke won the '15 when making the argument that Cal doesn't develop players. Do you think Okafor, Winslow and Jones were as ready for the NBA as Towns, Booker and Lyles? The Duke players were higher ranked coming out of high school, but the UK players were more prepared for the NBA after 1 season and I think Cal and his staff did a better job of development than Krzyzewski. Would you agree?

My answer to your question is that of the 3 teams, UK had the best season with KU second and South Carolina third.

how did UK have better season than KU when KU beat them head to head, both won their league and both made the Elite 8? and i really don't care what the players do once they get to the NBA. you make it sound like Cal is taking 3* players and putting them in the league...he's not.

how did UK have better season than KU when KU beat them head to head, both won their league and both made the Elite 8?
We won more games and both the regular season and conference tournaments in a conference that had 3 teams in the elite 8. You won the regular season and lost in the conference tournament in a league that was once again exposed as overrated in the postseason.

Reactions: oldfanofuk
We won more games and both the regular season and conference tournaments in a conference that had 3 teams in the elite 8. You won the regular season and lost in the conference tournament in a league that was once again exposed as overrated in the postseason.

lol ok so now we are touting "3 teams in the elite 8."

Let's be honest with ourselves, neither program achieved what it wanted to achieve this season. The regular season is largely meaningless. And as a Kentucky fan, I don't get a lot of satisfaction out of Elite Eight appearances. The goal should always be Final Fours and National Championships. Everything else is window dressing.

And arguing about whose Elite Eight appearance was "more impressive" is largely an exercise in futility. Quite frankly, I don't care. All that should matter to us as Cats is that we fell short of #9 and will have to wait until next year to hang it.

Let's be honest with ourselves, neither program achieved what it wanted to achieve this season. The regular season is largely meaningless. And as a Kentucky fan, I don't get a lot of satisfaction out of Elite Eight appearances. The goal should always be Final Fours and National Championships. Everything else is window dressing.

i agree but then why even play a regular season if only final 4's and titles are all that matters?

how did UK have better season than KU when KU beat them head to head, both won their league and both made the Elite 8? and i really don't care what the players do once they get to the NBA. you make it sound like Cal is taking 3* players and putting them in the league...he's not.

So.. Beating Kansas AND winning the title.. Is that a deep dicking or just a dicking.

So.. Beating Kansas AND winning the title.. Is that a deep dicking or just a dicking.

2012 UK's best team with a KU team that had a former walkon playing as the 6th man. congrats! that KU team overachieved so making the Final 4 was great. i didn't expect to beat UK. wasn't mad/sad when they lost either

lol ok so now we are touting "3 teams in the elite 8."
Your team was the overall #1 seed and lost to a #3 seed who was without one of their best players, We were a #2 seed who lost a #1 seed that went on to beat the team that beat you and won the national championship. So yes, I would say we were the better team.

Your team was the overall #1 seed and lost to a #3 seed who was without one of their best players, We were a #2 seed who lost a #1 seed that went on to beat the team that beat you and won the national championship. So yes, I would say we were the better team.

uh we were not the overall #1. and we had a horrible shooting night, that's why we lost. and playing the game of "we lost to a team who beat the team that beat you makes us better than you" is stupid. we beat you heads up and made the same round in the tourney

Embarrassing post for UK fans.

uh we were not the overall #1. and we had a horrible shooting night, that's why we lost. and playing the game of "we lost to a team who beat the team that beat you makes us better than you" is stupid. we beat you heads up and made the same round in the tourney
I'm sorry. You were the #2 overall seed. And I won't use the fact that we had one plater out sick and our best overall player being huty as an excuse for our loss to you.

I'm sorry. You were the #2 overall seed. And I won't use the fact that we had one plater out sick and our best overall player being huty as an excuse for our loss to you.

you just used it as an excuse...and KU was without 2 players as well.

Why these threads turn ugly so fast, I don't know. Kansas has the chance to be better next year than we were this year, but will play and look different.

Udoka > Lucas - in fact Udoka had supplanted Lucas in the starting line-up before he got hurt.

Preston > Bragg - my 16 year old son is > Bragg.

Malik Newman was a top 10 player in a strong class. I wonder where a redshirt sophomore would be ranked in this incoming class which is average when you consider it only has a few potential one and dones?

Sam Cunliffe was top 40 in a strong class and much like Diallo for Kentucky, will have had a year to learn the KU system.

Graham is likely back. If Graham comes back, I like the odds that Svi comes back too. Vick is poised to take another step with another year of maturity and development.

Kansas will add another point guard and another post player in this class as well (we have three schollies to give.

Our recruiting class really is top 3, imo:

Udoka
Newman
Cunliffe
Preston
Garrett - another top 40 player in 2017 class.

I'm curious to see what you all do with all your open scholarships. I think everyone suspects you add Bamba, who I think on the Nike Summit the announcers were saying would be the only Kentucky recruit who could be one and done (shouldn't Diallo be one and done? I think he should be considered in this class.)

Reactions: the stat man
You counted a player from your last class (azubuike), a sophomore transfer (newman), and another transfer (cunliffe) in your "recruiting class". That's not how it works.

Yes.

Being a Kansas fan I see where that is a difficult concept.

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
You counted a player from your last class (azubuike), a sophomore transfer (newman), and another transfer (cunliffe) in your "recruiting class". That's not how it works.

Not for class ranking from a purest standpoint. But in this day of one and done, keeping talented players is a "recruiting" win. And the 3 players I listed will be playing their first year at KU, much like each player in the 2017 class will be doing for their respective schools.

Players don't get better every year? I.e., Graham and Svi and Vick will be the same as last year? Did Mason improve between his Junior and Senior year? Did Ulis improve between his frosh and soph years? The bench comment doesn't even make sense given the roster and the fact we still have 3 scholarships to give. If Kentucky and Kansas rosters stay the same now and include existing 2017 commitments, we will have more perimeter depth than Kentucky next year and equal post depth.

IF, IF, IF.......But things won't stay the same and you know it. I'm sure our roster will change and so will yours, I'm sure. I tend to think that ours will get a lot better as yours probably not so much.

You're right that players do improve from year to year but somehow, you guys keep leaving the tournament at the same time.

Not for class ranking from a purest standpoint. But in this day of one and done, keeping talented players is a "recruiting" win. And the 3 players I listed will be playing their first year at KU, much like each player in the 2017 class will be doing for their respective schools.

Wow, typical KU fan logic right there! LMAO!!

Just like those Helms titles, right?

All you guys can fire back on this quote being all cocky if you want. But don't lie, Kansas coming into Rupp and beating us did sting. Shouldn't happen.

Give the KU guy his due. He won that back and forth.

Stung like a sweat bee. All we care about is cutting down the nets. I could really care less about a regular season game.

Why these threads turn ugly so fast, I don't know. Kansas has the chance to be better next year than we were this year, but will play and look different.

Udoka > Lucas - in fact Udoka had supplanted Lucas in the starting line-up before he got hurt.

Malik Newman was a top 10 player in a strong class. I wonder where a redshirt sophomore would be ranked in this incoming class which is average when you consider it only has a few potential one and dones?

Sam Cunliffe was top 40 in a strong class and much like Diallo for Kentucky, will have had a year to learn the KU system.

Graham is likely back. If Graham comes back, I like the odds that Svi comes back too. Vick is poised to take another step with another year of maturity and development.

Kansas will add another point guard and another post player in this class as well (we have three schollies to give.

Udoka
Newman
Cunliffe
Preston

I'm curious to see what you all do with all your open scholarships. I think everyone suspects you add Bamba, who I think on the Nike Summit the announcers were saying would be the only Kentucky recruit who could be one and done (shouldn't Diallo be one and done? I think he should be considered in this class.)
Can't argue that KU will have some good players next year,like everyone else we will have to wait and see how they fit together and who is there when they throw up the ball next year.

Cal isn't developing anyone...those top 10 recruits would go OAD no matter where they play.
one thing our player don't do is slap and beat on women and kick their cars, and lets not even mention the rape that went on in the dorm that happen with all the really good kids that speak seven langaues

Doesn't Graham have a court date ? it seem like 80 % of the should be in Jail Hawks do ? Oh that's right Ole honest Bill paid enough to get the court dates pushed out till after basketball season , well he should be good at that by now !!

Udoka
Newman
Cunliffe
Preston

one thing our player don't do is slap and beat on women and kick their cars, and lets not even mention the rape that went on in the dorm that happen with all the really good kids that speak seven langaues

with the temper Boogie Cousins has im sure he did some pretty dumb shit while he was in Lexington...and just because a rape happened where they stay doesn't mean a player was involved...other students live there as well so nice try on that front

Last edited:
Reactions: Me and Rex
with the temper Boogie Cousins has im sure he did some pretty dumb shit while he was in Lexington...and just because a rape happened where they stay doesn't mean a player was involved...other students live there as well so nice try on that front
Did you conveniently skip the part about slapping and kicking women and their cars and threatening to how was it the really good kid from Kansas put it "Beat Her Ass" ? How much did that cost the rug doctor to pay that one away Dumb ass ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT