ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas Players

I hit me hard. We were playing in Rupp Arena. We couldn't protect our home turf. I don't want that to happen again for a long, long time

It was bad timing, Fox ankle, Mulder sickness. It was right in the middle of the funk we went through.

Reactions: oldfanofuk
All you guys can fire back on this quote being all cocky if you want. But don't lie, Kansas coming into Rupp and beating us did sting. Shouldn't happen.

Give the KU guy his due. He won that back and forth.
Poo on KU and the guy .

Reactions: BlueBomb
Losing Mason is the biggest blow with Jackson a close second. They will not be near the same team. Mason took over many games they won. He lead that team. He's gone.

Reactions: oldfanofuk
Not when we figured you'd win that game anyways. We were struggling pretty bad during that stretch.

oh bull crap....everyone on here thought UK was going to win by 10+ so don't even say that garbage. i could go find the KU/UK prediction thread to prove my point.

Losing Mason is the biggest blow with Jackson a close second. They will not be near the same team. Mason took over many games they won. He lead that team. He's gone.

It will be interesting to see who they add/lose in the late signing period. If they lost Graham but happened to land Duval, and then Duval proceeded to qualify, they could be okay. They'd have a lineup like this:

PG: Trevon Duval
SG: Malik Newman
SF: Svi Mykhailuk
PF: Bill Preston
C: Udoka Azubuike

Small 1: LaGerald Vick
Small 2: Sam Cunliffe
Big 1: Dwight Coleby
Big 2: Mitch Lightfoot

IMO, that's easily a lineup that could flame out spectacularly in the Elite Eight.

Reactions: ukfan041
oh bull crap....everyone on here thought UK was going to win by 10+ so don't even say that garbage. i could go find the KU/UK prediction thread to prove my point.

We also assumed we'd be getting the type of home court officiating that Kansas got the year prior..

We get that and it's a 12pt win.

You better pray you never have to play Kentucky straight-up..

A guy like Josh Jackson doesn't come around often.. He's the #1 draft pick to me. Almost impossible you get another guy like that.

Mason, equally tough to replace..

You're going to need more than Duval to compete for next season.

UK shot more free throws than KU did this year over the whole course of the season...who had the favorable whistle again?
The KU player walked 3 times as far for one game winning shot as did all UK players did collectively the entire year,in the WVA game ref's swallowed whistles to let KU come back,Frank Mason got calls in the lane when he needed them.Yes KU got a more favorable whistle than just about every other team in the country,when you consider Duke and UNC that is (as Coach K would say) amazing!!

If Self were anything but "selfish" he'll tell Graham, who is what he is, to strike while he's hot. Graham is going to have to play his way on a professional team this year or next year so let him get at it now.

But Self won't. He's still butthurt about bowing out early again in a game he's was favored. He'll tell Graham to come back & be a 1st rounder....lol.

Uh, Graham had a horrendous shooting game against Oregon and projects to get a lot more looks next year. Telling a kid to go early isn't always the best advice.

A guy like Josh Jackson doesn't come around often.. He's the #1 draft pick to me. Almost impossible you get another guy like that.

Mason, equally tough to replace..

You're going to need more than Duval to compete for next season.

It's called Player Development. You guys should try it.

They will add another stud. They are loaded with experience and talent. Briscoe leaving is laughable.

lol so KU beat UK in Rupp because of officials? ok
Look butt much if you don't like what you hear stay on your board. Let's talk about your flame out, again, in the tourney. It took 3 blind mice and a last second shot by a guy Lavar Ball wouldn't play to lose to the eventual champions. The Jayhawks continued to bask in their big 12 titles and must have lost focus.

Look butt much if you don't like what you hear stay on your board. Let's talk about your flame out, again, in the tourney. It took 3 blind mice and a last second shot by a guy Lavar Ball wouldn't play to lose to the eventual champions. The Jayhawks continued to bask in their big 12 titles and must have lost focus.
both made elite 8...nice try

both made elite 8...nice try
Big difference in the games, opponents and what it took to get there. So where did all that player development get you. That's why you come here to flame. You vent here instead of addressing Self's inadequacies as a coach. Not to mention the moral compass your players set publcally.

We also assumed we'd be getting the type of home court officiating that Kansas got the year prior..

We get that and it's a 12pt win.

You better pray you never have to play Kentucky straight-up..

Nov-14-2017 Kansas vs. Kentucky. Leave your excuses at the door.

Big difference in the games, opponents and what it took to get there. So where did all that player development get you. That's why you come here to flame. You vent here instead of addressing Self's inadequacies as a coach. Not to mention the moral compass your players set publcally.

This is like your 'Safe Zone' right?

big difference in opponents? lmao. and i never said anything about player development

You're such a moron. Booker goes anywhere else but UK and he is not a OAD, and he is not putting up 70 in the NBA like he just did.

yeah ok. i'm sure Cal developed him into scoring 70 in a NBA game...oh and he scored 70 and his team still lost...sure he would have rather scored 30 and won. we all know Cal hangs his hat on getting players in the NBA. Wall, Davis, Cousins, Towns etc would have been NBA stars either way

Cal isn't developing anyone...those top 10 recruits would go OAD no matter where they play.
You might want to tell that to players like Harrison Barnes, James Michael McAdoo and Marquis Bolden. All 3 of those players were projected as lottery picks (Barnes #1) before their freshman seasons. Devin Booker and Eric Bledsoe were not only not projected as lottery picks, they weren't projected as one and done. They are both better pros after 1 year Cal than Barnes and McAdoo after multiple seasons under Roy.

As for the one and dones, I think I would take Karl Towns over Jahlil Okafor even though they were in the same class and Okafor was ranked ahead of Towns coming out of high school. I would also take Booker, Towns and Lyles over Okafor, Justice Winslow and Tyus Jones. Either Cal did a better job of developing his players than Krzyzewski or the recruiting experts didn't have a clue when they ranked the players.

yeah ok. i'm sure Cal developed him into scoring 70 in a NBA game...oh and he scored 70 and his team still lost...sure he would have rather scored 30 and won. we all know Cal hangs his hat on getting players in the NBA. Wall, Davis, Cousins, Towns etc would have been NBA stars either way

Dude, I get that you guys are tired of flaming out in the Elite Eight every year, but that doesn't mean you should take out your anxiety on us. I would kindly advise you to sit out the next, few plays.

Reactions: brianpoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT