ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas Players

sadly fans and media only see what happens in march as the measurement of success for a season. are you saying south carolina who didn't play well all year but made the final four had a better season that UK and KU? what about Syracuse last year?
You're conflating small sample size with a big sample size. Randomness evens out over the long run. Eventually, it's not bad luck - it's a pattern. Self clearly isn't in K or Cal's class.. worth wondering if he's more of a Boeheim (who is a vastly overrated, second tier coach) or Howland or Thad Matta level guy than a true top flight coach.

You can squawk all you want, but the Big 12 consistently embarrasses itself in the tournament - sure, KU's 2 F4s in 15 years is underwhelming, but much worse is the conference's collective performance - and that sample size is even larger, so we're way out of the "coincidence" territory.

You guys win an overrated conference every year. If you consider all 350, Bill Self is clearly one of the best coaches in the country - he's very consistent. But he's consistently second tier considering his talent and results.

If I'm starting a program, I take Cal, K, Pitino, Marshall, Few, and Izzo (obviously Calhoun, Butler or Donovan if they were available) before Self without a second of hesitation.

After that is when we start getting into that territory with Self leading up the next group including Boeheim, Wright, Bennett, Miller, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: morgousky
Did you conveniently skip the part about slapping and kicking women and their cars and threatening to how was it the really good kid from Kansas put it "Beat Her Ass" ? How much did that cost the rug doctor to pay that one away Dumb ass ?

the only person saying Jackson said he was going to beat her ass was the girl in the car...all other witness's said they never heard him say that. Vick very well may have hit and kicked the girl...nobody knows but those two...but in today's world unfortunately when it comes to something like this the men usually get the short end of the stick

Reactions: Me and Rex
You're conflating small sample size with a big sample size. Randomness evens out over the long run. Eventually, it's not bad luck - it's a pattern. Self clearly isn't in K or Cal's class.. worth wondering if he's more of a Boeheim (who is a vastly overrated, second tier coach) or Howland or Thad Matta level guy than a true top flight coach.

You can squawk all you want, but the Big 12 consistently embarrasses itself in the tournament - sure, KU's 2 F4s in 15 years is underwhelming, but much worse is the conference's collective performance - and that sample size is even larger, so we're way out of the "coincidence" territory.

You guys win an overrated conference every year. Bill Self is one of the better coaches in the country - he's very consistent. But he's consistently second tier considering his talent and results.

i really don't care how well the Big 12 does in the tournament. we went 9-1 against the powerful ACC this year and 5-5 against the SEC. You UK fans think that how teams perform over a little 3 week/4 team tournament stretch is the only way to judge how successful a conference or team is. i would think the 30+ games before the tournament would be a greater sample size as to how well a conference is

i really don't care how well the Big 12 does in the tournament. we went 9-1 against the powerful ACC this year and 5-5 against the SEC. You UK fans think that how teams perform over a little 3 week/4 team tournament stretch is the only way to judge how successful a conference or team is. i would think the 30+ games before the tournament would be a greater sample size as to how well a conference is
The ACC was horribly overrated this year by the same dummies who keep doing it to the Big 12. Remember how bad they wanted Duke to be unstoppable after they put together a 2 game win streak?

Anyways, the 30+ games before, the majority of which take place in conference, and therefore result in the classic "good offense or bad defense" scrimmage conundrum - some conferences get slammed for intra-conference upsets, and some get praised. Yours gets praised and then shows its ass every time they have to show up at the end of the year to play the strongest teams from other conferences. Again, the sample size on that is plenty substantial now.

You guys are fine. You're on the low end of the first tier of programs, and you have a coach who is on the high end of the second tier. No shame in that.

The ACC was horribly overrated this year by the same dummies who keep doing it to the Big 12. Remember how bad they wanted Duke to be unstoppable after they put together a 2 game win streak?

Anyways, the 30+ games before, the majority of which take place in conference, and therefore result in the classic "good offense or bad defense" scrimmage conundrum - some conferences get slammed for intra-conference upsets, and some get praised. Yours gets praised and then shows its ass every time they have to show up at the end of the year to play the strongest teams from other conferences. Again, the sample size on that is plenty substantial now.

You guys are fine. You're on the low end of the first tier of programs, and you have a coach who is on the high end of the second tier. No shame in that.

haha ok

because they weren't supposed to get there and they weren't going to beat UK that year....Final Four was past their ceiling but made it there somehow

I'm not reading all this other playground level arguing, but, when we lost in the title game in 2014, it stung. Bad

You come within possibly 4-5 minutes of winning a title and hanging a banner, it doesn't matter if you were supposed to be there or not, it will sting. Sometimes more than others.

I forgot about Cunliffe.

He's a versatile player. I like his game. He should help them.

Everything for KU comes down to Graham coming back.

No Graham and KU is hurting.

If Graham is back, they dominate the Big 12 again and make a deep run in the tourney.

I forgot about Cunliffe.

He's a versatile player. I like his game. He should help them.

Everything for KU comes down to Graham coming back.

No Graham and KU is hurting.

If Graham is back, they dominate the Big 12 again and make a deep run in the tourney.

What are your thoughts if Graham bolts and we pick up Waters at point?

What are your thoughts if Graham bolts and we pick up Waters at point?

Self and a Freshmen PG? That is usually a bad mix.

KU still competes for the Big 12 title, though WVU is a legitimate threat.

Someone said that they thought that no Graham equals no Mykhailiuk.

So Waters, Newman, Vick, Preston, and Azubuike with Cunliffe as the 6th man.

Love Preston's game, he is going to be a star. He needs to play the 4, but if Azubuike is in foul trouble, he will have to spend a lot of time in the post.

Good wings, but no depth inside. They need a really good backup post player. Going to be hard to find at this stage, unless a grad transfer becomes available.

I expect to see a lot of small ball with Cunliffe sliding to the 4 at times.

I think that's a top 10-15 team in a down year in college.

Graham and Mykhailiuk make them top five for sure.

The ole Miss transfer coleby was serviceable for them this year. Gave them good minutes when needed. Lightfoot is not a bad fourth big. They are not nearly as bad off as some would have you believe.

The ole Miss transfer coleby was serviceable for them this year. Gave them good minutes when needed. Lightfoot is not a bad fourth big. They are not nearly as bad off as some would have you believe.

Agree on Coleby. He became a decent player towards the end of the year when he was finally healthy. KU will have depth in the frontcourt behind Azubuike and Preston with Coleby and Lightfoot. They are supposedly leading to get Enes Kanter's brother as a grad transfer and possibly the #1 Juco who is a PF.

Agree on Coleby. He became a decent player towards the end of the year when he was finally healthy. KU will have depth in the frontcourt behind Azubuike and Preston with Coleby and Lightfoot. They are supposedly leading to get Enes Kanter's brother as a grad transfer and possibly the #1 Juco who is a PF.

Substitute some names, and this is pretty much every post during the BCG years, and some of Tubby's.

I really don't think graham is going anywhere. He was awful in their last game. Newman is a sg just like graham. Then you have duval who will end up there or at puke if he qualifies. Problem is both teams have upperclassman guards and duval will command atleast 35 mins a game and will expect to be the man. Duke will have to figure out who won't start. Trent is the real deal and has the better build so he would play the 3 while Jackson would play the 2. Problem is allen is a senior and is their pg. if they hope to get duval something's gotta give. Same thing with Kansas. Newman wants to be the man and I don't see duval being so cool with that

Could someone PLEASE answer this question! What is WRONG with player's wanting to come back to college even if they could go first round? People act as if it the worst thing that happen's to very talented player's who want's to be at their school longer than one year! I DO NOT UNDERSTAND?? :confused:

Could someone PLEASE answer this question! What is WRONG with player's wanting to come back to college even if they could go first round? People act as if it the worst thing that happen's to very talented player's who want's to be at their school longer than one year! I DO NOT UNDERSTAND?? :confused:

there is nothing wrong with it...i'm sure there are a lot of players that would like to spend another year in college but so many people are pressuring them to go so they leave.

there is nothing wrong with it...i'm sure there are a lot of players that would like to spend another year in college but so many people are pressuring them to go so they leave.
I'm not saying anything about your answer but, it still does not make sense to me! If I were young, and an elite player, I would stay as long as I wanted as long as I kept my grade's up. Heck, the education is FREE! I read where 80% of the one's who leave after one, or even two year's, they are broke, 80%!! I have no link! A lot of it is just me I guess? :popcorn:

i really don't care how well the Big 12 does in the tournament. we went 9-1 against the powerful ACC this year and 5-5 against the SEC. You UK fans think that how teams perform over a little 3 week/4 team tournament stretch is the
only way to judge how successful a conference or team is. i would think the 30+ games before the tournament would be a greater sample size as to how well a conference is

It's called Final Four. Quit making excuses for not getting there.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

I'm not saying anything about your answer but, it still does not make sense to me! If I were young, and an elite player, I would stay as long as I wanted as long as I kept my grade's up. Heck, the education is FREE! I read where 80% of the one's who leave after one, or even two year's, they are broke, 80%!! I have no link! A lot of it is just me I guess? :popcorn:

kids who are going to make it in the NBA don't care about an education....they can always go back and get their degree. they see the millions of dollars and instead of enjoying 4 years of your life you can never get back, they jump ship.

kids who are going to make it in the NBA don't care about an education....they can always go back and get their degree. they see the millions of dollars and instead of enjoying 4 years of your life you can never get back, they jump ship.
MAN, when they get older, they may very well say, darn, I wish I would have stayed in college where it's not WORK! It' s playing, and having the time of their life's!! Well,
it's their choice, and hope they are satisfied with which way they go!! How I wish I had their choice!! Thank's for not being a smart elich! [cheers]

Well if you wanted to stay in collage and not worry about going to class and still getting all A's and then getting a fake degree you go to UNCHEAT.If you are a kid who has suspect grades and character issues and cant qualify then you go to Kansas and immediately you become a great kid and you can speak seven languages and the rug doctor will be on tv telling everybody what a travesty it is and you should be eligible to play right away !

Well if you wanted to stay in collage and not worry about going to class and still getting all A's and then getting a fake degree you go to UNCHEAT.If you are a kid who has suspect grades and character issues and cant qualify then you go to Kansas and immediately you become a great kid and you can speak seven languages and the rug doctor will be on tv telling everybody what a travesty it is and you should be eligible to play right away !

and car salesman Cal just keeps telling the media how young his team is...tsk tsk

Reactions: TnRustyCAT
Shocking, Kansas fans show how they really feel towards Cal/UK... All we need next is something about Hillbilly's and incest.. which is funny, coming from someone who lives in Kansas..

Guys, make sure to report them. It's the only way to keep the trolls out.

Shocking, Kansas fans show how they really feel towards Cal/UK... All we need next is something about Hillbilly's and incest.. which is funny, coming from someone who lives in Kansas..

Guys, make sure to report them. It's the only way to keep the trolls out.

if you were from arkansas or west virginia then i'd make a comment about being a hillbilly

It is when it's a PATTERN.

PATTERN
PATTERN
PATTERN

I'm sure it's coming. We've watched you derail in this thread and several others. Don't really care either way, You'll be gone soon enough.

What a pissing contest .. lol. We all know UK > KU as a program. Not worthy of a debate. Regarding KU's players, they will always have enough to compete.

Someone argued they don't care about regular season games. Well, the fact that KU beat us in Rupp gave them a #1 seed and us a #2. If the Cats win that game then they are a #1 seed and more than likely at least in the FF. So regular season games do matter A LOT in the ultimate scheme of thing's.

Self and a Freshmen PG? That is usually a bad mix.

KU still competes for the Big 12 title, though WVU is a legitimate threat.

Someone said that they thought that no Graham equals no Mykhailiuk.

So Waters, Newman, Vick, Preston, and Azubuike with Cunliffe as the 6th man.

Love Preston's game, he is going to be a star. He needs to play the 4, but if Azubuike is in foul trouble, he will have to spend a lot of time in the post.

Good wings, but no depth inside. They need a really good backup post player. Going to be hard to find at this stage, unless a grad transfer becomes available.

I expect to see a lot of small ball with Cunliffe sliding to the 4 at times.

I think that's a top 10-15 team in a down year in college.

Graham and Mykhailiuk make them top five for sure.

Thanks for the reasonable response. I can't see Cunliffe slide down to the 4 in a small ball situation. He's just 6'6 compared to Jackson who was 6'8. If we added no one else, I think we would make due with a rotation of Udoka, Preston, Coleby and Lightfoot.

I still think KU will land another 4 or 5 and a combo or point guard (2 total players).

call Self the rug doctor? lmfao. and this is a thread about KANSAS, so as a KU fan i think this is a thread i should be able to post in.

I, personally, have never brought that up. It's never appealed to me. Maybe because I'll be bald by 35, if not sooner.

That said.. It's our damn forum! And laughing at a dudes hair is harmless.. Calling out ones ethics in the sport is a much different scenario..

I, personally, have never brought that up. It's never appealed to me. Maybe because I'll be bald by 35, if not sooner.

That said.. It's our damn forum! And laughing at a dudes hair is harmless.. Calling out ones ethics in the sport is a much different scenario..
Cal slicks his hair back...the look of a used car salesman. nothing to do with ethics

I don't know how the Rug Doctor gets these surefire NBA players to stay, but it sounds like the Choke Artist-in-Chief, better known as Devonte Graham, is coming back to school to lead one last Choke job in the Elite Eight.

I don't know how the Rug Doctor gets these surefire NBA players to stay, but it sounds like the Choke Artist-in-Chief, better known as Devonte Graham, is coming back to school to lead one last Choke job in the Elite Eight.

Probably had to do with his not being higher in the mock drafts. Early in the season KU fans were saying Graham was goner than gone.

KU going to be a top 4-5 team again next year with Graham returning.

If they get Duval they may be #1 preseason

Probably had to do with his not being higher in the mock drafts. Early in the season KU fans were saying Graham was goner than gone.

I think that's because the students who posted on the KU site were saying that Graham was telling everyone who was listening he was leaving. I think this puts us in the driver's seat for next year as the pre-season favorite to win the title.

ADVERTISEMENT