ADVERTISEMENT

Kaluma commits to K-State

animation-2.gif
Still baiting trying to get someone banned?

Cal can guarentee from the collectives or other methods(not his own money was never the point) but these players want guarentees up front and cal and the staff aren’t meeting them and are losing out on everybody
No, he can’t Only the collectives can do that. And they aren’t. So pretty much everything you said was utterly BS. You need to learn NIL before you make a bigger fool of yourself. There is an issue with NIL assurance but I’ll be damned if I’ll going to discuss that in public particularly with people that obviously have no concept of the topic. Too bad, you hater boys would love it.

No, he can’t Only the collectives can do that. And they aren’t. So pretty much everything you said was utterly BS. You need to learn NIL before you make a bigger fool of yourself. There is an issue with NIL assurance but I’ll be damned if I’ll going to discuss that in public particularly with people that obviously have no concept of the topic. Too bad, you hater boys would love it.
No the collectives are not the only ones, coaches have making guarentees this whole time from the collective, you need to stop being nieve and believing that stuff like this isn’t happening. You don’t want to discuss when you don’t know shit on are just on here to be a contrarian

No the collectives are not the only ones, coaches have making guarentees this whole time from the collective, you need to stop being nieve and believing that stuff like this isn’t happening. You don’t want to discuss when you don’t know shit on are just on here to be a contrarian
No, they cannot. Sorry chief, but you just got no clue. Guarantee implies contract. A coach CANNOT be party to a NIL contract. Without a contract or some manner of legal instrument, a guarantee is just blithering, like you are doing.

We can argue semantics and where the money comes from, but other schools are telling kids "There's this much NIL money here if you come."

Whether you call it a promise, guarantee, contract, what the hell ever. Other schools are able to make a commitment to a number.

We won't. Not because we can't. Kansas does it. That's why Hunter went there.

Cal thinks he's above that. He thinks Kentucky sells itself. He's said himself--NIL isn't why you come to Kentucky. He doesn't want you to pick us based on that. Great, kids are picking everywhere else based on that.

We can argue semantics and where the money comes from, but other schools are telling kids "There's this much NIL money here if you come."

Whether you call it a promise, guarantee, contract, what the hell ever. Other schools are able to make a commitment to a number.

We won't. Not because we can't. Kansas does it. That's why Hunter went there.

Cal thinks he's above that. He thinks Kentucky sells itself. He's said himself--NIL isn't why you come to Kentucky. He doesn't want you to pick us based on that. Great, kids are picking everywhere else based on that.
FedEx. Memphis…..

How did they beat us for his services when he never came to visit ? Did he even have a offer ? We don't know the behind the scenes situation. Bama was suppose to get a visit to, does Nate Oats suck and is lazy to ? Yes KState has beat us the last 2 games. Cal most definitely did NOT cost us the first, it's debatable the second. I mean the Nowell kid went on a unbelievable tear in the tournament. We was not the only team he abused. Game was decided in the final minutes, tough loss, it happens.
I will say this , today, tomorrow, last year, 5 years ago, next year, 5 years from now, I will take UK over KState everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. It's been rough, post Covid, we had a stout team and didn't get to watch it unfold, but 3 off years, I am not ready to throw in the towel on Cal. He has done a ton for UK on and off the court, it's a shame he is getting this kind of treatment after a few bad / less than expected seasons. ONE losing season and a couple 20+ win, less than desirable finishes, hardly enough for me to give up. EVERY team goes thru it, UCLA has. Nova just started, and every other team. We was done one eventually.

This is what happens when you have a coach who takes a commitment before the kid leaves campus, has time to think it over, and changes his mind - or lets others pounce.
I understand people mad at Cal, but don't understand your comment. You are mad at Cal for taking a commitment while a kid is here? Please explain what you mean here.

Track42 wtf did you find so funny about that post ? Idiot. Go think of some more moronic, stupid nicknames for Cal.

Track42 wtf did you find so funny about that post ? Idiot. Go think of some more moronic, stupid nicknames for Cal.
Kaluma didn't have an offer?They were desperate to get a visit from him.And poor abused millionaire Cal being picked on by fans for expecting him to win.You are a joke.

Reactions: bnewt
Cal can’t guarantee anything. Not a penny. He has no money for this. Those outside the program can do thus. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The laugh is on you since your hero can't get along with the donors. What is they say about payback.........

Reactions: Cats192
Then 2 out of the last 3 times in the tournament big bad powerhouse Kansas State has also knocked us out. So not only are they winning the transfer portal against us they are also beating us on the court where it matters! Face it man Cal’s time at UK is about to come to an end real soon it’s just a matter of when it’s going to happen!
Who doesn't beat uk,,,,,,duke, Kansas, msu, gonzaga......anyone with a pulse does

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
That's what it is. Has very little to do with Cal being a joke. He still got top players out of highschool, so the only logical answer is NIL.
Cal can sell top 5, top 10 recruits on his NBA track record. Look at all the UK guys getting max deals. You want to be a part of this.

You can't sell guys like Hunter Dickinson and Reeves on that. They may never make t he NBA. They certainly aren't max contract guys. These college NIL deals are likely the most money they will ever make. So they wantto strike while the iron is hot.

Cal doesn't want people coming here for that. Come here because we'll put you in the NBA. But he doesn't understand that these 4th/5th year players are in touch with reality.

Surely no one from Kansas St had any contact with Kaluma before he entered the portal lol.
It's a mistake to believe these kids that enter the portal are actually "wide open"
I really don't know why anyone expected us to land Kaluma if he didn't even want to visit.
I'm sure he was at least 75% K State the minute he entered.

I either heard or read a comment a day or two ago that said Kentucky is not even in the pre-season Top 25 right now. But...but...but...Calipari has landed the #1 recruiting class!!!
Good grief. SMH at the state of Kentucky basketball.

Then 2 out of the last 3 times in the tournament big bad powerhouse Kansas State has also knocked us out. So not only are they winning the transfer portal against us they are also beating us on the court where it matters! Face it man Cal’s time at UK is about to come to an end real soon it’s just a matter of when it’s going to happen!
This was my first thought when Matt Jones called them a mid program in his tweet.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT