ADVERTISEMENT

Kaluma commits to K-State

Is the extent of your basketball acumen to resort to animal abuse and necrophilia when anyone supports Uk basketball?
Daddy still paying for your therapy and meds?

U56gz0p.png

Come on... He wasn't going anywhere he isn't starting. Bradshaw has been promised the 4 and Edwards the 3. He isn't or wasn't going to play the 5. There was no fit.

Reactions: TFCats11
Maybe he mixed their logo hat with our cheap imitation and put on the wrong one.
You may be on to something. Ever since they put out that ridiculous knock-off K state logo we've went to crap.
#bringbackthedicktongueCat

Now's the time. How could they deny it with all this woke inclusiveness?

Reactions: CatPhight
I agree 100%. I would much rather sign kids like Macalaeb Rich, Dai Dai Ames, and RJ James. A couple of stud 4 stars and a 3 star baller in James. WTF would rather sign the #1,2,9,14, and 27th ranked guys ? Poon Tang took Cal to the woodshed in the 23 class. Can't wait to see their 24 class. I cam almost guarantee you the will break into the top 20 in rankings. UK, will be lucky to be in the top 50.

This post is JUST based on the multiple post about K-State out recruiting UK. Times are rough, I get it. But you can't make this kind of shit up. So save the its what you do with the recruits that matter. I am debating the comment of KState out recruiting UK.
Which team got the better recruiting class – the one that got a class of very good high school players that stayed and developed into the core of a conference and national title contending team, or the one that got a class designated as the “No.# 1 recruiting class” where they all left after one season?

While at UK, nobody has been able to recruit the highest ranked high school players better than Calipari. But recruiting one-and-done (OAD) high school players as the core of your team is a flawed strategy.

Now, they could be OAD because they intend to enter the draft after one season regardless of how they develop (or even if they don’t play at all), or it could be because they transfer after one season (likely because they thought they should have been able to enter the draft after one season).

Either way, when a team is not returning 3-4 good players a year and not getting any of the top transfers from the portal – which is where more of the best players in college basketball are available for the picking - and you try to compete with freshmen you’re doing worse than trying to swim upstream, you’ve basically lost before you begin.

This is the downside of having the number one recruiting class. None of the other veterans that could come back did, except for two that played very little. One of them threatened to leave, now nobody in the portal really wants to come here because they know they will get limited minutes here. Going somewhere else they might get to start or at least get more playing time at another school. In order for this to work we needed at least three to come back. Next year is not going to be much different from last year. You have to have more veteran leadership for it to work.
That wouldn't happen if these kids couldn't change locations like they're on a music tour.
Keep NIL, but limit transfers to one time or you sit out like before. Simple solution and fair.

Reactions: G-PIP and Fox2monk
You misread that. My point is many coaches push for the commit before letting them leave. Cal is known to tell kids to wait. Arrogance plays a big part.
Sorry about that. Yeah, I agree with you. He's so "confident" that everyone wants to play for him, and so focused on making sure the kids (no matter what team they play for) get to the NBA.

I’m assuming he meant Keshad Johnson. Supposedly, he wanted to publicly commit on, or, after his visit & Calipari told him to go home & think it over for a week before going public. Then, shortly after, he committed to Arizona, who was happy to accept it, on the spot.
Then ccc is the absolute dumbest socalled coach in uk history. Guess more proof he is sabotaging the program.

That wouldn't happen if these kids couldn't change locations like they're on a music tour.
Keep NIL, but limit transfers to one time or you sit out like before. Simple solution and fair.
I agree, maybe even put in an NIL Penalty if a player transfers twice. Like they can’t collect half the year or something. Maybe unenforceable with back channels but first the NCAA or schools themselves must establish some punishment system that works. Anything is better than nothing right now.

I’m assuming he meant Keshad Johnson. Supposedly, he wanted to publicly commit on, or, after his visit & Calipari told him to go home & think it over for a week before going public. Then, shortly after, he committed to Arizona, who was happy to accept it, on the spot.
Do what?! You gotta be shitting me! 😡

You claim the coach didn't want any players from the portal. It's more likely that players from the portal didn't want to compete with 4 Mcdonald's All-Americans for playing time.
EXACTLY given Cal’s penchant to play 5* freshmen over experienced upperclassmen no matter the talent or toughness level. Everyone knows Cal is going to give the young guys preferential treatment so they can get to NBA quickest. NIL and portal have ruined the Cal solution.

EXACTLY given Cal’s penchant to play 5* freshmen over experienced upperclassmen no matter the talent or toughness level. Everyone knows Cal is going to give the young guys preferential treatment so they can get to NBA quickest. NIL and portal have ruined the Cal solution.
They seriously went after 2 guys this whole time, and at very end with limited options got screwed over on top of everybody thinking the freshman will start

Clearly it’s a fact that many do not understand yet.
It’s not a fact because you repeat it over and over. You want Kentucky to just get guys because it’s Kentucky, and not play the game everybody in college basketball right now is using to get portal guys. Kentucky has money, our coach screwed up relationships with donors because of crap he does that also his fault. Waiting until the last min his fault. Strike 3 now willing to make guarentees to portal guys who aren’t coming to a school to sit behind play freshman on the bench

Do what?! You gotta be shitting me! 😡
That’s how @ralphdaltonfan explained it to me in another post. Or that’s how I interpreted it, anyway. I was just paraphrasing what he said, so, it’s not exact words & I apologize if I misquoted you, RDF. Hopefully, he can confirm, or, correct this if he sees it. But, I had the exact same reaction as you when I first read that. 😂

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
They act like Kentucky is NAIA school with limited resources and that the coach ain’t getting paid 9 mil a year. Kentucky has money cal is being stubborn SOB and isnt guaranteeing anything which with portal guys they want money and starting spots
Cal can’t guarantee anything. Not a penny. He has no money for this. Those outside the program can do thus. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They act like Kentucky is NAIA school with limited resources and that the coach ain’t getting paid 9 mil a year. Kentucky has money cal is being stubborn SOB and isnt guaranteeing anything which with portal guys they want money and starting spots
Any excuse they can come up with they will. Bass and the Cal cult are embarrassing

Cal can’t guarantee anything. Not a penny. He has no money for this. Those outside the program can do thus. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cal can guarentee from the collectives or other methods(not his own money was never the point) but these players want guarentees up front and cal and the staff aren’t meeting them and are losing out on everybody

I agree 100%. I would much rather sign kids like Macalaeb Rich, Dai Dai Ames, and RJ James. A couple of stud 4 stars and a 3 star baller in James. WTF would rather sign the #1,2,9,14, and 27th ranked guys ? Poon Tang took Cal to the woodshed in the 23 class. Can't wait to see their 24 class. I cam almost guarantee you the will break into the top 20 in rankings. UK, will be lucky to be in the top 50.

This post is JUST based on the multiple post about K-State out recruiting UK. Times are rough, I get it. But you can't make this kind of shit up. So save the its what you do with the recruits that matter. I am debating the comment of KState out recruiting UK.
Then 2 out of the last 3 times in the tournament big bad powerhouse Kansas State has also knocked us out. So not only are they winning the transfer portal against us they are also beating us on the court where it matters! Face it man Cal’s time at UK is about to come to an end real soon it’s just a matter of when it’s going to happen!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT