ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan dingle enter the portal

also, there are teams who have been hit way harder than we have in the portal.

“Feed the studs” - Bobby Petrino

Apples to Apples:

Here are the percentages of TE catches to total passing game for some selected teams:

Michigan - 30%
UGA - 25%
Texas - 21%
UK - 20%
Bama - 18%
UT - 17%
Washington - 16%
Ole Miss - 15%
Missouri - 7%
Would LOVE to have an OC/HC with offensive philosophy of BP. Please don't tell me you wouldn't? As far as % I was talking about Bowers. And if you think MS evenly remotely gives two SugarHoneyIceTeas about anything but plow horse offense after 11 years of evidence , then you can't be helped...FEED THE STUDS.

Would LOVE to have an OC/HC with offensive philosophy of BP. Please don't tell me you wouldn't? As far as % I was talking about Bowers. And if you think MS evenly remotely gives two SugarHoneyIceTeas about anything but plow horse offense after 11 years of evidence , then you can't be helped...FEED THE STUDS.
Dude, we know you love Bobby and Brian. You cannot be helped.

Anyone who believed the "we will use TE's more" BS before the season would probably buy ocean front property in Arizona.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Yes his younger brother D linemen indicated he was leaving last week.

Again, all are free to do crazy fact-free speculation that Knoxville is breaking the bank for a TE with less than 200 yds receiving. Personally I'm just gonna be logical that it is a family thing, looking for a place where he can play with his brother.
Wait, wasn't his his brother older and a FB for us? I think you are referencing Dinkins the DL.

I don't agree with that statement, but I can see why people would think that based off how our staff used them. Dingle is no worse than the second best tight end on this team and for my money, he is the most complete tight end we have
I know they hate losing him, but Khamari Anderson is going to be like something we haven't had here in a long time

Dude, we know you love Bobby and Brian. You cannot be helped.
It's Jeff and SHOW ME where I said l like BP!!? He's a scum, but with that said, I'd love for Stoops to have the same philosophy as he does. JEFF Brohm seems like good guy and I wouldn't be against him having the UK job someday. I met his best friend about 6-7 years ago and he told me that Jeff would take the job. Now, with him being home I doubt that would still hold water. When Stoops leaves UK, I'd like to see Sumrall have the job even though he's a defensive guy as well.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Dingle is another example of why coddling guys really gets you nowhere. For two years they let him by with zero effort run blocking except the last few games. Even so, he was the priority te passing target while we couldn't really even play him on run plays.

All that and he still leaves. Just a wag but those coaches deciding inmates were no longer running the asylum probably led to post season meeting telling him the expectations were he'd work on blocking.

If dingle is leaving hopefully Cummings reconsiders. I know Anderson is up next but we need some depth preferably with experience

Walker >>>>>>> Rogers. Not close. One is a potential AA. The other is a solid college lineman.
100% agree with this, but with both, Kentucky would’ve been better. It was a loss to our team losing Rogers and I definitely think he could’ve helped us have a better overall defense and probably 1 or 2 more wins this season. Still, if it’s got to be just one of the two, we made the right decision. Ha. Thanks Caveman. I just hate putting that much time developing a player like Justin and him jump ship. It’s the way of the world I suppose.

It's Jeff and SHOW ME where I said l like BP!!? He's a scum, but with that said, I'd love for Stoops to have the same philosophy as he does. JEFF Brohm seems like good guy and I wouldn't be against him having the UK job someday. I met his best friend about 6-7 years ago and he told me that Jeff would take the job. Now, with him being home I doubt that would still hold water. When Stoops leaves UK, I'd like to see Sumrall have the job even though he's a defensive guy as well.
Brian is UL’s OC. And, you are the one quoting and praising Petrino.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Gotcha. You are always crystal clear.

There are much better offensive minds in the game (TAMU ranked 7th in the SEC in total offense per NCAA) and yet you are always talking Petrino. Yeah, you don’t like him at all.
How about we quote Nick Saban, you've heard of him, right? He's another I like with a modern philosophy who had a CTJ moment...
He said college football has officially become an offensive game. "It used to be that good defense beats good offense. Good defense doesn't beat good offense anymore,"

How about we quote Nick Saban, you've heard of him, right? He's another I like with a modern philosophy who had a CTJ moment...
He said college football has officially become an offensive game. "It used to be that good defense beats good offense. Good defense doesn't beat good offense anymore,"
You pull that quote out once a week lol

Hopefully it helps those that don't want to believe what is reality, especially the HC at UK.
Then do you believe you are preaching "reality" to our coaching staff? I hope you know better than that. Stoops comes from a family of football coaches and is the second-most senior football coach in the SEC. We can talk about whether an assistant coach is getting it done or why a player has not executed better. But nobody has a better idea about football reality than Stoops, and certainly not anyone here.

I will just remind everyone again that the subject of the thread is Jordan Dingle.

Defense won the ACC Championship, not offense. Defense won the PAC12 Championship, not offense. it was Bama's Defense that outplayed Georgia's to win the SEC Championship.

You have to have both to be the best in the country over a season. You can quote surly Saban after he's lost a national title to Georgia all you want, but football has always been about both. You can't win a game if you can't stop your opponent from scoring more points than you. Period. You can't win a game if you can't score any points, but you can score points on Defense, too.

Go watch some football. Enjoy yourself.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Defense won the ACC Championship, not offense. Defense won the PAC12 Championship, not offense. it was Bama's Defense that outplayed Georgia's to win the SEC Championship.

You have to have both to be the best in the country over a season. You can quote surly Saban after he's lost a national title to Georgia all you want, but football has always been about both. You can't win a game if you can't stop your opponent from scoring more points than you. Period. You can't win a game if you can't score any points, but you can score points on Defense, too.

Go watch some football. Enjoy yourself.
So I'm assuming you value your opinion over the GOAT about the state of CFB. Do you think the Score of any of the playoff games will be like 17-14? Offense won the sec for Ala and Washington scoring 27 and 34 points respectively. Fsu/u6 was just horrible offensive fb. from both. What happens if we don't score 38 against u6.

Last edited:
ScroogeMcCat won’t be happy unless Petrino or Brohm are calling the plays, even though those guys lose their share. He predicted a Brohm victory this year and had to eat crow.
Think I did with the caveat if we didn't score 30+ we wouldn't be in the game...well, well what do you know! I don't want either of the two being oc because it wouldn't matter. We've had what 5 ocs since MS has been here. Again, till our HC has a CTJ moment our fortunes won't change.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Think I did with the caveat if we didn't score 30+ we wouldn't be in the game...well, well what do you know! I don't want either of the two being oc because it wouldn't matter. We've had what 5 ocs since MS has been here. Again, till our HC has a CTJ moment our fortunes won't change.
Yeah, the offense scored 31 to defeat Bear Brohm. FSU only needed 7 points.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Yeah, the offense scored 31 to defeat Bear Brohm. FSU only needed 7 points.
I Like to look at kick receiving as offense and punts and kos as defense. So to me the O scored 38, but even if you don't. We still would have needed +30. Fsu-u6 was a horrible exhibition for cfb. Would it make you feel much better if I used other examples instead of those two because there are many. How many you think we'll need to beat Clemson? Leaving to go down on the 27th. You?

I Like to look at kick receiving as offense and punts and kos as defense. So to me the O scored 38, but even if you don't. We still would have needed +30. Fsu-u6 was a horrible exhibition for cfb. Would it make you feel much better if I used other examples instead of those two because there are many. How many you think we'll need to beat Clemson? Leaving to go down on the 27th. You?
You exaggerate the impact of Brohm and Petrino and are a continuous curmudgeon when it comes to Stoops. You wait for losses to make your complaints. As example, you sat in the stands of the TAMU game posting complaints when UK gave TAMU all it could handle. No Petrino or Brohm could have taken UK from its depths to the peaks we have seen over the past five years. Especially not Petrino. He was not a good HC. Brohm’s best year in the B1G was no better than Stoops’ best years in the SEC. You fashion yourself some expert when you are not.

BTW, continuously bragging about your road travels does not make your opinions more credible.

You exaggerate the impact of Brohm and Petrino and are a continuous curmudgeon when it comes to Stoops. You wait for losses to make your complaints. As example, you sat in the stands of the TAMU game posting complaints when UK gave TAMU all it could handle. No Petrino or Brohm could have taken UK from its depths to the peaks we have seen over the past five years. Especially not Petrino. He was not a good HC. Brohm’s best year in the B1G was no better than Stoops’ best years in the SEC. You fashion yourself some expert when you are not.

BTW, continuously bragging about your road travels does not make your opinions more credible.
Merry Christmas!🙏🙏🙏you shall remain clueless.

I’m hoping Dingle comes on back, he played good when he wasn’t banged up!
I would love to see he and Cummings both come back. Ran into Dingles family at Elvis's birthplace in Tupelo and in SC . Super nice folks. Thought both of them would be stars here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT