ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Gatewood to UK!

Win a game when the defense knows we have to throw. Bring us back from 21 down to win a game.

-"on his own"...no. Needs blockers and of course some dudes to catch the ball. Football is a team sport. Thankfully a good defense and strong running game(both of which uk has shown of late) will help.

-seriously though...i think you're asking if he is a generational talent. The answer is: time will tell.

-"on his own"...no. Needs blockers and of course some dudes to catch the ball. Football is a team sport. Thankfully a good defense and strong running game(both of which uk has shown of late) will help.

-seriously though...i think you're asking if he is a generational talent. The answer is: time will tell.

Yep, thats what I want to see from this guy.

No it isn't. It isn't realistic, but it isn't silly. Many players sign with a program based off of the coach of the program. If a coach quits he can just trot over to another school, no questions asked and the player is left at the school to see if the new coach has a role for him/her. If they don't the player then has to transfer and sit out in most instances....sorry that is asinine.

Also, re-read my post, I talked out of both sides. It is just a tough situation is my point. Yes, coaches should be held to some sort of standard....they are one's making all the money to begin with.
They are held to a standard. It is the conditions of their contracts that govern coaches.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/3/21/18274416/tate-martell-eligibility-waiver-miami
Great article on how Martell got a waiver to play at Miami this year. Explains the criteria for getting a waiver. Long story short, Auburn needs to go along with it (which prob won't happen).
While re-reading this article I noticed something I missed the first time. We have all been assuming Joey will need the support of Auburn for the waiver. Per the article that's not exactly the criteria. Here is a quote from the article: "The previous institution’s athletics administration does not oppose the transfer." So what if Auburn does nothing? IE they neither oppose or support the waiver. For them to oppose the waiver seems like they would have to state why. They may be reluctant to do so as it exposes them to criticism. On the other hand I may be grasping at straws.

Has their ever been a “generational talent” who was flat out awful his first two years of college? I mean that kid was miles away from playing QB at Auburn.

I remember similar comments when Burrow left OSU. And UGA fans actually thought the better QB was starting for them when Fields left. As with all things, time will tell.

Has their ever been a “generational talent” who was flat out awful his first two years of college? I mean that kid was miles away from playing QB at Auburn.
"Flat out awful" in what respect- his stats aren't awful since he didn't play? And "miles away" from playing at Auburn? He played in the bowl game last year and was narrowly edged out for starting this year.

I have the feeling that you have lost your way with this post and don't know how to find your way back to common sense.

Let me say it slower for you..... Can the kid throw when it matters? 3rd and 10, he makes a tough throw when the defense knows he has to throw.... and gets the first down.

"Flat out awful" in what respect- his stats aren't awful since he didn't play? And "miles away" from playing at Auburn? He played in the bowl game last year and was narrowly edged out for starting this year.
He ran for a touchdown against Oregon as well. He got beat out by the top freshman QB in the country who also had tremendous Auburn ties. Kyler Murray got beat out at Texas A&M and transferred, it happens.

Malzahn said "With Bo and Joey I feel like we have quarterback 1A and 1B." It sounds more like Gatewood was narrowly beat out for the starting job by a very good QB.

How did Justin Fields work out for you? Oh wait, he didn't...cause Fromm is so much better...lol. Get off my lawn. I'm getting tired of stepping in your Sh!t

Reactions: yoshukai and rudd1
Malzahn said "With Bo and Joey I feel like we have quarterback 1A and 1B." It sounds more like Gatewood was narrowly beat out for the starting job by a very good QB.

Hey hey hey!!! Don’t start bringing that stuff in here when an opposing team’s fan is trying to troll and bait!!! We don’t need no stinking facts!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Hack
Actually he said 1and 1A.......not that it makes much difference

Reactions: The-Hack
I remember similar comments when Burrow left OSU. And UGA fans actually thought the better QB was starting for them when Fields left. As with all things, time will tell.

How did Justin Fields work out for you? Oh wait, he didn't...cause Fromm is so much better...lol. Get off my lawn. I'm getting tired of stepping in your Sh!t
I see @ARC Dog stopped by with his usual terrible take....[poop][sick][sick]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT