ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Hart

Poor kid never had a chance last year with the crazy guard depth ahead of him. It was written in stone that he’d be getting no PT before the season even began.

I’ll give him credit for coming and sticking it out anyways. Whatever he chooses for next year, he’s got my well wishes.

Biggest thing for me is if Joey can improve his lateral quickness and adjust to the speed of the game. Basing this from what I saw of him in HS and the small glimpses we saw in Toronto. He already looks like he's filled out a little bit. A 6'4 freshman with a knock down jumper and elite vertical though is hard to come by. Could see him being a bit redundant with Travis Perry, but you can never have too many shooters

Reactions: bnewt and ala_kat2
Biggest thing for me is if Joey can improve his lateral quickness and adjust to the speed of the game. Basing this from what I saw of him in HS and the small glimpses we saw in Toronto. He already looks like he's filled out a little bit. A 6'4 freshman with a knock down jumper and elite vertical though is hard to come by. Could see him being a bit redundant with Travis Perry, but you can never have too many shooters
Yep. Thought he was overwhelmed a bit. Another year and a true opportunity with some physical and mental maturity could make him a contributor.

Khalifa and Z at the 5 spot
Have you looked at Teora's sp? stats? When I read about him he appears to be a great player that plays within himself, rebounds and smart. And at 6-6 250 they said he plays a lot bigger than he is. Does not shoot many three's but does everything else. Looks like a true 5.

I think he COULD be good, but he needs to put some weight/muscle on and toughen up.
Susan you could be right but I see him as a 4 year player. Beyond me how he as rated as a 5*. I would rather have Big Z back as others have pointed out he would be great in Pope's system.

• Love
Reactions: susan2361
So rim protectors aren't an option? He can't tweak the system to fit in shot blockers if they can't shoot 3's pass the ball??
Ugo isn’t someone whose hands you want the ball in at all unless he’s cleaning the glass for offensive put backs. You’re running a different offense with him in the game. He can’t shoot 3’s or pretty much anything outside of the paint. You get guys like Z who can protect the rim and still run the offense you like to run.

Susan you could be right but I see him as a 4 year player. Beyond me how he as rated as a 5*. I would rather have Big Z back as others have pointed out he would be great in Pope's system.
I totally agree. I never saw him as a one and done, either. I have always wondered how players got their # of stars. I've learned to not put much weight on that. And I agree...I really want Z back. If we could keep at least him and Reed, I would be a very happy person!!💙💙💙

Any 2 of those would help a lot. 3+ would get me fired up. I'd want them in this order of importance.

Reed
Z
Thiero
Burks
Bradshaw
Ugo
Hart
I don't care that Bradshaw and ugo leave to be honest. I can't see u go playing his system.
If he were here this past season we would probably have landed the kid from Harlan county

Ugo cannot play in Popes system and I really don’t want Bradshaw.

Reed, Hart, Perry, yes. Always room anywhere in any system for a Thiero. But Ugo absolutely cannot he’s gone. He doesn’t have the speed to play in Pope’s system. None of our players will
Be without the ability to hit the 3. 1-5 have to be able to shoot it.

For those that haven’t seen it (maybe a few haven’t) here’s a great breakdown of Pope’s offense to give you a better idea of who we’ll be after. This is about to get fun again.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThrowBackCat9
What?! No more one-on-five, me me me dribble-drive name-on-the-back offense?! WTH!!

Okay coach, what’s the plan. We’re down 2 against a schemer coach with 20 seconds left.

“GO MAKE A PLAY AND LEAVE THEM ENOUGH TIME TO BEAT US. IF WE MISS WE MIGHT GET A REBOUND!!!”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT