ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Gatewood to UK!

Very interesting. Means he will enroll here for the fall semester. Given that he is transferring because of playing time, our fans should assume he will have to sit out our 2020 season unless we hear otherwise. For the best, since he played very little at Auburn and will require development.

tenor.gif

Fascinating. I hope he's as good as most of you think he is.
As far as I can see, nobody knows how good he is. He was not a full time QB at Bartham Trail hs, and he barely played at all at Auburn. He has an SEC body and basic athletic tools, but he will require some teaching and development. If some people are expecting an immediate SEC star, they don’t understand Gatewood’s background and are just making the mistake of assuming on the basis of his star rating.

Excellent. I’m sure we’ll see transfers, but that comes with the territory of being a big time program. Lol funny I can say that and actually kind of mean it!

Allen is 4* right? We have two 4* QBs lined up!

EDIT: no Allen is 3*

Reactions: Ky grandpa
first mixtape I have seen... his build reminds of Woodson; and it looks like he has a very strong arm

How with This be for beau Allen

Per the LHL, Gatewood will be a Junior after setting out next year, and have two years. Beau Allen will probably redshirt, and compete with him as a RS Freshmen and then as a RS Sophomore. Allen will be in line as a Junior if he doesn't beat out Gatewood. Assuming Gatewood beats out the others in line.

How with This be for beau Allen
I don’t think very many players who sign with a Power 5 team are naive enough to believe there won’t be competition. Allen certainly isn’t naive. He holds offers from MI and GA, and has used his visits well. He comes from a football family. You can be sure Eddie Gran and Darin Hinshaw have kept Allen informed about what they are doing. Allen has more advanced pocket skills and a better understanding of UK’s offense than Gatewood. I can’t predict what will happen, but I don’t believe Allen will back down.

Fascinating. I hope he's as good as most of you think he is.
Can we just be happy for a minute? It doesn’t matter what happens during his career, we just heard the news that we’re getting a player that some of us wanted and we’re trying to be happy. Lol. I understand you’re trying to hold back and all but why not congratulate the Staff on going after and getting a foot prospect? You have a good one BBFGA.

Can we just be happy for a minute? It doesn’t matter what happens during his career, we just heard the news that we’re getting a player that some of us wanted and we’re trying to be happy. Lol. I understand you’re trying to hold back and all but why not congratulate the Staff on going after and getting a foot prospect? You have a good one BBFGA.
I didn't mean it negatively in any way. I'm shocked we got him, that's why I said "fascinating".

Reactions: JASUN74

Man...that's 2018 and he had a full year to train. He'll have another to learn our system and get ready...2021 he'll already be a 4th year guy...and pretty dang good!

Just picture that in a blue jersey....faking the hand-off to Drennen/Smoke/Rodriguez.....and Tom Leach yelling!!!!

Per the LHL, Gatewood will be a Junior after setting out next year, and have two years. Beau Allen will probably redshirt, and compete with him as a RS Freshmen and then as a RS Sophomore. Allen will be in line as a Junior if he doesn't beat out Gatewood. Assuming Gatewood beats out the others in line.

How does he only have two years of eligibility left? He was a redshirt freshman this year.

For me personally, This is the most exciting time I’ve ever had as a Cat fan. Getting a player like this kid is amazing, but with his name and the prospect of what could happen from it. With him, the transfer from LSU AND ROGERS, plus all the other talent on this team and coming, I think it can be the most talent ever on a Kentucky Football team.

Now how they turn it into wins is a different story, but I’m sure happy about all the pieces that are joining the team. It’s amazing the difference in talent level from today and in 2012. Wow. Go Cats!

Very interesting. Means he will enroll here for the fall semester. Given that he is transferring because of playing time, our fans should assume he will have to sit out our 2020 season unless we hear otherwise. For the best, since he played very little at Auburn and will require development.

Why wouldn’t he enroll for the spring? Why wait until fall?

Gatewood is working to get a waiver to play next season per JRow & TGraf

This doesn’t make sense either unless TW has a bad prognosis. Why waste a year with Gatewood and TW as our QBs? Bettter to play TW next year then have Gatewood for the two full years after.

Reactions: spartacat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT