ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Meyer Predicting Murray to UK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This class is GREAT. In fact, its right on par with Cals first class

John Wall / Isaiah Briscoe 5 STARS EACH (Top Guards)
Demarcus Cousins / Skal Labissiere 5 STARS EACH (Top Bigs)
Eric Bledsoe / Jamal Murray? 5 STARS EACH
Daniel Orton / Tai Wynyard? 5 STARS / 4 STARS
Darnel Dodson / Charles Mathews 4 STARS EACH
John Hood / Mychal Mulder 4 STARS EACH

Each class has the #1 overall player. The 2009 team had PPatt returning, this team has Poythress returning. This team has Tyler Ulis, that team didn't have a Ulis. That team had Darius Miller, although he hadn't became the Darius from the title team yet. Lots of reason to have our heads held high. This team is gonna be really good.

Theyre playing for their country. They go very hard. It means a lot to them.
Actually most aren't playing for their country. Murray didn't play for Canada, Skal didn't play for Haiti, etc. etc. they played for a World Team. It's not the Olympics, they don't really care, if they did Briscoe would of tried the whole game instead of the last 5 minutes. Most don't give a crap, as long as they can showboat a little is the key.

His composite ranking is low because he is still ranked really low by one of the recruiting services, can't remember which one though and its just really old, and that has hurt his overall ranking but he is a 5 star in every other ranking service. The kid is a baller and an definite elite talent, so question about it. A prolific scorer in a variety of ways. That's what makes him so fun to watch! He can do it all.
Sounds great, I'm going to have to watch the Nike Summit replay, let's hope we land him!

All "5 star" aren't created equal. We have a very good class this year and Murray makes it great but still not a 2009 class. John Wall and Cousins are gonna be all stars for a long time to come and Bledsoe might eventually as well. Skal the only one in this class of that ceiling.

but I am sorry I no longer have faith in Calipari in terms of winning a title, I hope I am proven wrong in the worst of ways, but I doubt it.
Un-freakin' believable. Where do you people come from?

If I may but in. Only 4 players over 6'8" 3 of them solid players if Skal plays up to his hype. We are a tad short on bigs. But Wynyard may come in January. But Cal knows who can do what on the court and will make the most of what he has. Go BBN

Duke had Okafor, Jefferson, and Plumlee as the only guys that were over 6'8 on their roster last year. Labissiere is on par with Okafor, Poythress equals Jefferson, and Lee is a lot better than Plumlee.

They did okay with just three bigs.

We've got enough size, especially with Wynyard likely coming in second semester.

Murray is not in the bag yet. I think he changes things but he's not ours yet.

I tell ya what else helps sometimes, keeping that trap shut. Anyone with half a brain can see the implication is there that he is at least as good as Simmons and Skal or in fact may be better than them and he's NOT. Common sense helps sometimes.
He said he was better in that game, which he was. Again, reading comprehension is a wonderful tool.

Thanks for the reply, I enjoyed reading your post, which is a lot more than I can about most others on here. To answer your question, I feel if we get Murray it would certainly change our team and make us a strong championship contender. However, I will still worry all year about the potential of foul trouble, because we will be very thin inside even if we add Murray. I hope that Waynard will play in December and be a solid contributor, that would rest many of my worries. I hope Skal is special and Lee will improve and become a Joakim Noah type player for us, and also that Poy will give us around 11 a game mainly on the block. Bottom line, I think we can be a really great team if we add Murray, but I am sorry I no longer have faith in Calipari in terms of winning a title, I hope I am proven wrong in the worst of ways, but I doubt it.
That's funny, I seem to remember him winning one a few years ago.

Thanks for the reply, I enjoyed reading your post, which is a lot more than I can about most others on here. To answer your question, I feel if we get Murray it would certainly change our team and make us a strong championship contender. However, I will still worry all year about the potential of foul trouble, because we will be very thin inside even if we add Murray. I hope that Waynard will play in December and be a solid contributor, that would rest many of my worries. I hope Skal is special and Lee will improve and become a Joakim Noah type player for us, and also that Poy will give us around 11 a game mainly on the block. Bottom line, I think we can be a really great team if we add Murray, but I am sorry I no longer have faith in Calipari in terms of winning a title, I hope I am proven wrong in the worst of ways, but I doubt it.

I can see that point. That would be a concern of mine also. Youre right, even if Murray commits, we are still thin in the middle and foul trouble or injury (heaven forbid) may bite us next year. So, I can easily see your point there.

Reactions: joester5612

I was set to like the heck out of this post and then that "no faith in the guy who actually won a championship just 3 years ago and been to the finals and or final four just about every year" stinks it all up.

Failed right at the end...

giphy.gif

I like how you only quoted one line of my post, nice job. To answer your question, I come from reality sunshine pumper.

Reality is that Cal has been two games from a title in 2015 and six minutes from a title in 2014.

He was also two free throws from a title in 2011 (Butler would have lost to UK).
I don't understand why anyone would bet against Cal winning a second title when the reality is that he won one a few years ago and is almost always competing for a title in the Final Four. You make it sound like he's coaching Indiana.

Reactions: wcc31
If I may but in. Only 4 players over 6'8" 3 of them solid players if Skal plays up to his hype. We are a tad short on bigs. But Wynyard may come in January. But Cal knows who can do what on the court and will make the most of what he has. Go BBN

If I'm being 100% honest with myself, I don't expect much from Wynyard next season at all. While he has started to play well lately, which may be a good sign if he continues, he didn't play well on the All Star circuit both in practice and games. I just worry that he will be so far behind that Cal won't even use him at all. From my understanding, he would come in to UK for that spring semester. Meaning he would miss all summer workouts and practices up until that point and Cal usually changes his practices throughout the season until it is almost all scrimmaging. So, my concern would be that he just would be too far behind for Cal to be comfortable enough to put him in a game, at least a significant game anyway. That's my worries for Wynyard but hopefully I will be surprised and he will be ready to rock and roll enough to at the least pick up mins during foul trouble or resting mins. I know he will be ready physically! Who knows? That may be enough to get him minutes in those situations.

Labissiere is a better rounded than Okafor IMO. Though he will not have the body to push players around in the post. on the other hand he can shoot the three, and handle the ball and make free throws . We will all just have o sit back,take a deep breath and see how the summer plays it self out.

Un-freakin' believable. Where do you people come from?

Note when he joined the board: He had no interest in being a Kentucky basketball fan through 38 straight wins. Then he couldn't wait to join and start posting toxic and moronic nonsense after a Final Four loss. That tells you where he came from, and it isn't sincere Cats fan territory.

Note when he joined the board: He had no interest in being a Kentucky basketball fan through 38 straight wins. Then he couldn't wait to join and start posting toxic and moronic nonsense after a Final Four loss. That tells you where he came from, and it isn't sincere Cats fan territory.

Exactly. I'm not paranoid enough to think that the flood of pathetic whiners this board has endured are rival fans in disguise, but the timing of their arrivals tells me they're just the sort of people who aren't happy unless they're complaining. Some people are just pathetic whiners.

Reactions: brianpoe
Tweets

Tweets Tweets & replies

Jamal Murray ‏@BeMore27 May 21

Just Enjoying The Process
70 retweets 175 favorites

Jamal Murray ‏@BeMore27 Apr 23

Unfortunately I won't be in Lexington. Good luck to the Bounce family this weekend.
25 retweets 51 favorites
Jamal Murray ‏@BeMore27 Apr 19

My first tweet! Made a decision to officially join twitter
85 retweets 244 favorites
Jamal Murray followed Dakari Johnson, Dominique Hawkins, Skal Lab and 16 others

Dakari Johnson
Verified account
@DakariJohnson

God,Family,Basketball is all thats needed RIPBabaG #BrooklynMade

Dominique Hawkins
@Dhawk_25

A relationship with God is the most important relationship you can have. Balling for UK wildcats #BBN #UK17.#TeamPats #TeamBulls …

Looking at his 28 follows i do not see Skal on there. I do see Dakari and Hawkins.

Apparently some insider for North Carolina basketball claims Murray is trying to go to Kentucky. Anyone know this guy?

jarrod‏@jhardy575 19h19 hours ago

Looking like Jamal Murray is doing all he can to reclassify to 2015 and go to Kentucky

It says he covers North Carolina basketball and football recruiting. Not sure if hes legit or not.

Duke had Okafor, Jefferson, and Plumlee as the only guys that were over 6'8 on their roster last year. Labissiere is on par with Okafor, Poythress equals Jefferson, and Lee is a lot better than Plumlee.

They did okay with just three bigs.

We've got enough size, especially with Wynyard likely coming in second semester.
What you are forgetting is they had a true 3 that had enough height, bulk, and wingspan (6'7", 222, 6'10" according to draftexpress) to be able handle playing the four. Kentucky doesn't unless Derek Willis steps up to the plate. Matthews is 6'6" but listed at just 172 by 247. Mulder is 6'4", 184.

What you are forgetting is they had a true 3 that had enough height, bulk, and wingspan (6'7", 222, 6'10" according to draftexpress) to be able handle playing the four. Kentucky doesn't unless Derek Willis steps up to the plate. Matthews is 6'6" but listed at just 172 by 247. Mulder is 6'4", 184.

Every team that wins it all does not look the same. Some win with pieces other teams don't and vice versa.

Reactions: songsungblue
Poythress is our version of Winslow. Not as good offensively, but better defensively, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT