ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Meyer Predicting Murray to UK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@joester5612 is no UK fan. Even if he thinks he is he's not. Only a complete moron would gripe about Cal's performance as a coach. Again...what he has done & the way he has (replacing a team yearly) is just incredible.

You can't help stupid!!

Reactions: michaeluk26
I respect your opinion, but to say that mine is shortsighted is being a bit hypocritical on a number of fronts. There are by no means 6 to 8 teams every year that have had the talent that Cal has had on numerous occasions. It would be fine if one or two years he had the best talent and did not win it all, but this has happened way more than that. I have always defended Cal to haters, but not winning it this year was the straw that broke the camels back for me. This team should have been champions, as should have 2010, 2008 Memphis team; and in both 2011 and 2013 we were the most talented team in the final four and could not win either one.
You've never played a competitive game in your life. If you had, you'd understand that there is such a thing called competition. Lazy couch potatoes like you need to shut the hell up. You have absolutely no idea the degree of difficulty it takes to win championships in any sport. Dweebs like you sit on your fat arses drinking beer, watching a game you've never played thinking all it takes is for the favorited team to waltz out on the floor and~wham~ game over. Newsflash, there are 2 teams competing for the win. Shut it and leave the discussion to those who actually understand this.

I respect your opinion, but to say that mine is shortsighted is being a bit hypocritical on a number of fronts. There are by no means 6 to 8 teams every year that have had the talent that Cal has had on numerous occasions. It would be fine if one or two years he had the best talent and did not win it all, but this has happened way more than that. I have always defended Cal to haters, but not winning it this year was the straw that broke the camels back for me. This team should have been champions, as should have 2010, 2008 Memphis team; and in both 2011 and 2013 we were the most talented team in the final four and could not win either one.

Go back and read my post again but this time pay attention to what I said instead of picking and choosing words and taking them out of context so that they fit your agenda. I did not say that it was the same 6 to 8 teams every year. Only Cal has been able to pull that one off. I said that there are 6 to 8 teams each year that have the "talent to win". "Talent to win" was the phrase you used as your argument that Cal should win. MY point is that while he usually does have enough talent to win, so do 6 to 8 other coaches every year. You are shortsighted by arguing that Cal should win it every year that he has ample talent but that the 5 to 7 other coaches who also have ample talent should never win it if Cal has a team in the mix.

Why should he have won it this year? Because he had the best team? Most of us know that the best team usually doesn't win out against a field of 64 but in case you didn't know several of us have posted the statistics in this thread for you. Again, the favorite only wins the tourney about 25% of the time. Why should Cal be any different?

Since he has been at UK, Cal has a better percentage for going all the way than any other coach at UK, better than Coach K, Pitino, Roy Williams, Dean Smith, Bobby Knight and anybody not named John Wooden. I stand by the facts, your post was very shortsighted.

At the end of the year Duke was playing better than anyone? Weren't we 38-0? How were they playing better than us? They basically played mid majors all the way to the damn final 4!!! Okafor would have been on the bench with 2 fouls before the 10 minute mark of th first half had we played them. And th Norte Dame team that "played us close" beat them 2 times! No way Duke would have beaten us, it's a miracle Wisconsin did...

Name a coach who has won more titles in their first six seasons as head coach of a program?

Four Final Fours in six seasons is the best start for a coach in school history.

I think he is doing a pretty good job.

How about you name a coach that has had as much talent as Calipari has had in their first 6 seasons? Oh...that's right, you can't because it's never happened!!

How about you name a coach that has had as much talent as Calipari has had in their first 6 seasons? Oh...that's right, you can't because it's never happened!!

I started to answer, then I realized that you really don't care, you just want to argue and bash.

Carry on.

How many titles did Dean Smith have at UNC , he had 1 more than Cal does now except he was there for 36 seasons vs Cal's 6. Cal will surpass that if he stays another 10yrs.
No one has done less with more than Dean Smith, yet he is a legend.

Jerry is back on the Oregon side of the ledger. Nobody in the history of mankind vacillates as much as he does.

Yeah it's strange how he does that...I get that these are 17-18 year old kids so their choices can change with the wind, but he's basing his switch to the fact that Murray decided to take another visit to Oregon. Really? That's your insight?

I appreciate info from guys who follow this closely, but they need to be more transparent with some of this...sometimes they pretty much know what a kid will do, while other times they have zero idea and are just throwing guesses out there; problem is they portray both forms of info as the same.

To everyone now talking about another topic on this thread.

You do know it's not one or the other, right? You can complain about lack of titles and still appreciate the accomplishments of the team.

Should we have more than 1 title in the last 6 years? Most likely, yes. Although tournaments are difficult to win, we have been painstakingly close several times and with a better team and lost in head scratching ways.

Would I trade Cal for any other coach (outside of K)? Nope, not in a million years...his performance here is amazing and I respect everything he's done while at UK. I expect to be in the hunt for a title every year, and he's pretty much delivered that.

Yeah it's strange how he does that...I get that these are 17-18 year old kids so their choices can change with the wind, but he's basing his switch to the fact that Murray decided to take another visit to Oregon. Really? That's your insight?

I appreciate info from guys who follow this closely, but they need to be more transparent with some of this...sometimes they pretty much know what a kid will do, while other times they have zero idea and are just throwing guesses out there; problem is they portray both forms of info as the same.

Not really, Meyer usually tells you how confident he is with his pick and whether it's just a guess or based on some real knowledge. The problem lies in how fans take the picks of these "experts."

Umm, Roy Williams? Dude you suck.

When he doesn't have a clue, Meyer seems to just go with the most recent visit.

When Murray goes to visit UConn and/or Michigan St., he will change his pick to them.

I don't trust Meyer or any of them until the day the kid is picking and then it's still an educated guess, they are just more educated (in recruiting in general) than I am, so their pick is a little better than my gut.

You need to be slapped real hard!!

Their is no coach in the history of college basketball that basically has to start with a new team every single season but still have unreal success.

If you had a brain you'd get it. Some of you people are hopeless & a cancer to the fanbase.

I just don't understand why people think it's a realistic goal to have 3 or 4 titles in 6 years. That kind of thing has been done once, and it took the greatest coach to ever coach the game, some aggressive cheating, and the greatest players to ever play the game to actually do that. Let that sink in before you start expecting that kind of thing from a guy who has performed better overall in his short time at this school than any other coach has ever done at this school.

We need to ignore the "Cal bashing" and concentrate on the subject of this thread.

So unless it's about Meyer or Murray, I'm finished talking.

Cal had had more than enough talent to have multiple titles on his resume, yet he only has one; that is a problem. In 2012, had we not had the 2 best players in college basketball, we would have let Kansas come all the way back instead of them just making a big run as they did. I like Cal a lot and hope he can stay here for 20 more years and win us 2 or 3 titles, but the bottom line is his track record makes makes me skeptical.

Mike Krzyzewski failed to win a title the first 4 times he made the Final Four and 6 of the first 8 times.
Roy Williams failed to win a title the first 4 times he made the Final Four and 5 of the first 6 times.

Its understandable that one would be upset about coming up short multiple times recently especially last season but get the hell over it.

Its the NCAA tourney. Sometimes the best team doesn't win. Sometimes the pretty good team that got a cake walk to to the championship game and got to play a team in the final that was physically worn out by the best team wins.

Reactions: crittel56
...as of 11:12 p.m. last night. Changed the prediction from Oregon I believe. Currently the "crystal ball" has Murray 58% to UK, 21% Oregon, 11% Syracuse, and 5% each for Michigan State and Duke.

Hope this turns out to be true.
U guys can get all over Murry, yea he's good.........................But Maker is the player that will be the one to get us back to final four. Him and Skal together, lots of blocked shots.

By the way, Murray is ranked 12 in the updated 2016 rankings on scout. Think he may be ranked a little above that in the 2015 rankings, due to the depth of the 2016 class.

His dad had said earlier they will take more visits.I wonder what other schools will be included?

Cal had had more than enough talent to have multiple titles on his resume, yet he only has one; that is a problem. In 2012, had we not had the 2 best players in college basketball, we would have let Kansas come all the way back instead of them just making a big run as they did. I like Cal a lot and hope he can stay here for 20 more years and win us 2 or 3 titles, but the bottom line is his track record makes makes me skeptical.
No you don't, you are a troll, and an example to everybody who complains that a low post count doesn't make you a troll, like now, most of the time, yes it does. Die troll, and hurry up about it.

Yes, and maybe I should have clarified. I'm not discounting the guys we do have at all. Just that given our departures, we needed more than we got in the early signing period and whiffed on everyone so far in the late one, with the exclusion of a JUCO transfer. Not a soul on this planet would have guessed we would miss on every target after we got Skal, Matthews and Briscoe early, and then had all those departures.

Whether you get them early or get them late, as long as we get them I'm happy. And no matter how many we lost we weren't going to sign (7) 5 star players to replace them.

No you don't, you are a troll, and an example to everybody who complains that a low post count doesn't make you a troll, like now, most of the time, yes it does. Die troll, and hurry up about it.

You need some serious help and should be banned for such an ignorant and pathetic statement. That's about as classless as it comes right there. Ashamed that you even call yourself a UK fan.

You need some serious help and should be banned for such an ignorant and pathetic statement. That's about as classless as it comes right there. Ashamed that you even call yourself a UK fan.

Ftp is absolutely correct. Everyone knows Joe has been trolling since day one. It is getting annoying.

Reactions: Aike and ftp000
I don't know what kind of trolling you guys have seen, but I've yet to see it here. If I'm gonna troll UL's board I'm gonna make a splash. I'm gonna make a thread saying so and so tears ACL, and get everybody all tore up for a minute or 2. Something like that's trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT