ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Meyer Predicting Murray to UK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabidcatfan

All-SEC
Jan 25, 2003
...as of 11:12 p.m. last night. Changed the prediction from Oregon I believe. Currently the "crystal ball" has Murray 58% to UK, 21% Oregon, 11% Syracuse, and 5% each for Michigan State and Duke.

Hope this turns out to be true.

We could certainly use some good news from this spring recruiting season.

I agree. This has been a really crappy year for us recruiting-wise, with the exception of Mychal Mulder committing, we haven't had one piece of good recruiting news since early November. We are due to hear something positive about a top recruit.

We could certainly use some good news from this spring recruiting season.

No kidding, this board has become pretty bummed out over our misses this Spring. Sure, we still have a very solid class but getting Murray would be a major boost to our team this season if he reclassifies. I'm not putting too much validity into the Crystal Ball thing though as we've seen how weird this recruiting class has been this Spring. But, it sure would be nice to land one more top player and especially a kid like Murray. I think it would also do a lot for the fanbase on this board to hear some big positive recruiting news.

Reactions: rabidcatfan
No kidding, this board has become pretty bummed out over our misses this Spring. Sure, we still have a very solid class but getting Murray would be a major boost to our team this season if he reclassifies. I'm not putting too much validity into the Crystal Ball thing though as we've seen how weird this recruiting class has been this Spring. But, it sure would be nice to land one more top player and especially a kid like Murray. I think it would also do a lot for the fanbase on this board to hear some big positive recruiting news.

Agree 100%

The "Crystal Ball" has been laughably off this Spring, but Jerry Meyer has been the most accurate of the national recruiting guys. Him switching his pick to UK makes me feel a lot better about our chances.

I don't think he knows anymore than the rest of us on this one, he is making the assumption that we impress him enough on this visit to land him and I hope he is right.

Reactions: bigc45157
I don't think he knows anymore than the rest of us on this one, he is making the assumption that we impress him enough on this visit to land him and I hope he is right.
My guess is that if Murray gets home without committing to UK then Jerry will switch back to Oregon on the assumption that we failed to impress him enough. I agree with you that Jerry is just making an educated guess here.

Getting a kid to visit this campus has always been a big plus, letting them see the facilties and fan support, plus all the traditon and playing for a coach that is the best at helping them reach their goals and dreams.

Reactions: Brando Mac
I feel pretty good about our chances though with him making a visit, I feel this kid belongs here, a great fit for him. I believe Cal wants this one bad so I will go out on a limb and predict Murray to UK, I have never been wrong before, of course I have never made a prediction on here before. I do feel good about our chances with him though, he would totally change our team next year. I was glad to hear that Duke landed a point guard, I felt like they were our biggest competion. I feel if it is between us and Oregon then if the kid wants to compete for a title then it should be a no brainier. I hope he is ours.

I feel pretty good about our chances though with him making a visit, I feel this kid belongs here, a great fit for him. I believe Cal wants this one bad so I will go out on a limb and predict Murray to UK, I have never been wrong before, of course I have never made a prediction on here before. I do feel good about our chances with him though, he would totally change our team next year. I was glad to hear that Duke landed a point guard, I felt like they were our biggest competion. I feel if it is between us and Oregon then if the kid wants to compete for a title then it should be a no brainier. I hope he is ours.

It's better than a prediction from a northern sodbuster....

And I like your way of thinking. I predict your prediction comes true.

Reactions: .S&C.
The "Crystal Ball" has been laughably off this Spring, but Jerry Meyer has been the most accurate of the national recruiting guys. Him switching his pick to UK makes me feel a lot better about our chances.

Yep, Meyer has whiffed on a few but has been pretty accurate for the most part this spring even when a lot of us (myself included) gave him some grief, particularly over Zimmerman and Newman.

I hope that this is yet another time that he's proven correct.

Reactions: .S&C.
One of the guys at 247 changed his pick 2 mins after picking one school, I think last year. Probably messed up the first time and the site didn't just didn't clean that up. Still, it looks like flip-flopped in a span of 2 mins.

Murray is more of a combo guard, and while 6-5, 180 is hardly ideal size defensively for SF, it's not going to be a liability 100% of the time either.

...as of 11:12 p.m. last night. Changed the prediction from Oregon I believe. Currently the "crystal ball" has Murray 58% to UK, 21% Oregon, 11% Syracuse, and 5% each for Michigan State and Duke.

Let us hope that the "crystal ball" is correct. I wonder how that "magic crystal ball" works.

Will Murray be ok not playing PG? With Briscoe, we'd have 3 PGs playing PG, Sg, and SF...

I think he would be simply because they will all handle the ball at some point in the half court.

Also, I don't think Murray will play PG when he gets to the league, he will just be a scorer and play off the ball. And Coach Cal is coaching UK like an NBA team, and the NBA is moving away from position specific players and more to players who can play multiple positions.

All 3 can play the lead guard and all 3 can play the off guard. If Murray commits, you then have 6 guards who are interchangeable among 3 spots and then you have 4 bigs to swap out among the 2 positions.

Isn't his prediction supposed to be a Kiss of Death? Formerly, he's been noted here for his inaccuracy. (Like my own weather predictions. Not that you need to be aware of that.)

One of the guys at 247 changed his pick 2 mins after picking one school, I think last year. Probably messed up the first time and the site didn't just didn't clean that up. Still, it looks like flip-flopped in a span of 2 mins.
That reminds me of the time Jerry Meyers tweeted out he was picking UK as the leader for Thon Maker, and then an hour later switched his Crystal Ball pick to ASU.

All 3 guards are going to be handling the ball a ton...I shudder at how many plays these guys will give to each other, and for the big men down low. Better be ready to catch it and shoot big fellas.

Plus, having two other good ball handling guys in Murray and Briscoe frees up/opens up Ulis for some open 3's and I think he can can 50+ from 3 easily this coming season if he gets more attempts.

Do we really need another guard? I can't see him helping us all that much really.

I started listening to Radiohead and Nirvana again since the Wisconsin loss to keep in line with the depression.

I might have to switch Radiohead's Hail to the Thief if Murray goes elsewhere so as to take the level of depression to a new low.

Do we really need another guard? I can't see him helping us all that much really.

Then you know nothing about him. He'd be the second most talented player on our team (Behind Skal) the moment he put on the uniform, and more than likely it's leading scorer.

Reactions: KDcats11
We need another perimeter player. He can play the 3 in the true DD system.

Think how much fun this team will be with a starting lineup of:
Ulis, Briscoe, Murray, Poythress, and Skal

Very entertaining to watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT