ADVERTISEMENT

Ivisic

This is awesome......... and the fears of some that he might never get to play ala Kanter.. even if he is like that somehow, he'll make Bradshaw , Mitchell and Ugo that much better in practice and be another Cat in the NBA repping UK. But this time around, I think this foreigner will be able to play for us. doesnt seem like any Croatian team is trying to put the screws to him like Kanter's Turkey team was.

This is awesome......... and the fears of some that he might never get to play ala Kanter.. even if he is like that somehow, he'll make Bradshaw , Mitchell and Ugo that much better in practice and be another Cat in the NBA repping UK. But this time around, I think this foreigner will be able to play for us. doesnt seem like any Croatian team is trying to put the screws to him like Kanter's Turkey team was.

Now that we have him, and I imagine Cal intends to play him this year.. Kentucky needs to just tell the NCAA to deal with it, more or less. Deny everything and don't comply at all, just like Kansas, Duke and UNC did. Play this kid, because by the time the NCAA can even get around to looking into this, they might not have any power to do anything.

Last edited:
This guy is the perfect addition, IMO. He’s very skilled & moves extremely well for a 7-2 player & will provide more floor spacing & rim protection. Handles & passes very well for a big, too. We’ll be tough to defend with him & Mitchell on the floor, together. Interior passing with those two could be a thing of beauty.

But, his versatility will make him a great fit with all of our bigs. Looking forward to him playing with UGO & AB, as well. Definitely no shortage of post combinations we can roll out, now. He had a late 2nd round projection this past season, but, has all the tools to work his way into the lottery. All the pieces are there, now, for a special season.

I have visions of something between Larry Lentz and Art Laib. Nothing against them personally at all, just ability and overall contribution.

LET’S FREAKING GOOOOOOOOO!

hhgf.gif

Last edited:
Let’s let them play some games first but I like the roster a lot now.

That's kind of what I mean.. just from a "talent" perspective. Still could wind up being a bad team. But here in August (which I know doesn't mean zilch), this team is up there.

I also think we need to revisit the preseason ranking discussion. We got almost no bump from Tre committing, a forward which is a position we were lacking, and now we have a 7-2 center who, for nothing else, just provides some nice depth at center with game changing height. We go practically 3 deep at every position now. I know preseason polls are all just speculation, but I fail to see how Kentucky shouldn't be right there with KU and Duke now. I guess Mark Mitchell and Dajuan Harris are just too good to surpass...

Last edited:
Looks like he’s projected in 2nd round of NBA draft next year. #42 on one site, #48 on another. 👍🏻
My hope is he helps enough to win a title, but coming back next year can elevate him to the first round, or even lottery, and he returns. I do worry about him joining in August and adjusting to the college game, which is why I’m not sure if he can do enough this season to get drafted in the first round.

Then you got him, Somto, and possibly Reed, Adou to build around for next season.

But dreams like that hardly ever come to fruition anymore.

My hope is he helps enough to win a title, but coming back next year can elevate him to the first round, or even lottery, and he returns. I do worry about him joining in August and adjusting to the college game, which is why I’m not sure if he can do enough this season to get drafted in the first round.

Then you got him, Somto, and possibly Reed, Adou to build around for next season.

But dreams like that hardly ever come to fruition anymore.
He has been playing in pro type games. Will be no,adjustment. He will be gone after this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT