ADVERTISEMENT

Ivisic

Democratic National Convention Dnc GIF by Election 2016

Cal pulls another rabbit out of the hat. That dude can get em man. Not every time but damn it's impressive. I think we forget the Tubby and BCG days. Kentucky doesn't recruit itself like some think it does. Good pick up
The best part is that Cal is bringing in some versatile players. Ivisic is fluid; so is Bradshaw. Mitchell could become the best shooting frontcourt piece we've had since Sestina, and he's way more physical than Nate was. Thiero and Edwards give Calipari all sorts of elite defensive options on the wing.

The big question mark is going to be "who's your dogs dog?" I think Wagner fills that role, and quickly.

Oh boy!

Need to start having the conversation of where this team ranks, talent wise, among Cals teams.. because it's up there.
I think this is a legitimate point.

We now have 7 or 8 guys who will be drafted someday. That doesn't include Reeves and Mitchell, which means we'll have an insane amount of talent.

The biggest question mark at this point is this: do any of the freshmen possess the potential to become a transcendent player? Edwards? Wagner? If any of those guys becomes a top 5 pick, I'm predicting at least 30 wins. Cal's had seven seasons (dating back to UMass) where anytime he has a top 5 pick, he wins at least 32 games.

He's never won less than 32 games with a top 5 pick. He's batting 7/7 in that regard.

Last edited:
wow, he good, we good,
probably means Ugo gets less minutes and hope he comes back. But might be pissed. But I will take 23 points a game and 10 rebounds against grown men any day.

Means Bradshaw probably plays some minutes at the 4. But Mitchell needs time there too. This did put more questions marks into minutes at the 4 and 5 and even 3.

wow, he good, we good,
probably means Ugo gets less minutes and hope he comes back. But might be pissed. But I will take 23 points a game and 10 rebounds against grown men any day.

Means Bradshaw probably plays some minutes at the 4. But Mitchell needs time there too. This did put more questions marks into minutes at the 4 and 5 and even 3.

Assuming health, they could all get 20 MPG.

If/when he is cleared to play the roster has taken shape very nicely. Still not a Cal fan but he and the staff deserve credit for how things have worked out(at this stage of the season) Much remains to be seen but October will be here soon. I hope everyone is good to go by that time. we seem to have more basketball players vs athletes than in recent years.

Last edited:
Love all the big options but if you're going to play on the perimeter, you're going to have to knock down shots or sprint back on D. Hope he's up to the task and GBB!

7'2 and averaged over 40% from 3pt range the year before last (he was playing with grown adult pros last year and hardly got any time but still shot from 3 well but just not 40% well like before) ...and the way he moves you can see in the vids... add in that teams will have to guard all the other studs on our team, I can see this kid not only proving he's a first rounder but maybe dominate some games.. at the very least he will force bigs to come out on him, meaning with him and Mitchell, Wagner , Dill, and Edwards would be able to drive at will.

When will he be able to join this season's squad? The sooner they can get to know one another....

7'2 and averaged over 40% from 3pt range the year before last (he was playing with grown adult pros last year and hardly got any time but still shot from 3 well but just not 40% well like before) ...and the way he moves you can see in the vids... add in that teams will have to guard all the other studs on our team, I can see this kid not only proving he's a first rounder but maybe dominate some games.. at the very least he will force bigs to come out on him, meaning with him and Mitchell, Wagner , Dill, and Edwards would be able to drive at will.
Defenders can’t leave Reeves open neither…

This is awesome......... and the fears of some that he might never get to play ala Kanter.. even if he is like that somehow, he'll make Bradshaw , Mitchell and Ugo that much better in practice and be another Cat in the NBA repping UK. But this time around, I think this foreigner will be able to play for us. doesnt seem like any Croatian team is trying to put the screws to him like Kanter's Turkey team was.
If he doesn't get to play for UK, then he is not a Cat even if he's practiced with the guys at some point. Most of us here do not care about the NBA and who's "repping UK". We're UK basketball fans, first and foremost. I hope he makes his way here onto the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT