ADVERTISEMENT

Ivisic Update

I guess there's a way to do it without actually throwing him under the bus. Just tell the truth without too much detail.

But as for us, we know he has lied to us at least twice (Sharpe and Wheeler), so how can we trust anything the guy says now?

Players should never be bigger, or more important than this program.

Not excusing anything but I think they made it as evident as possible by actions of UK and staff, without blatantly stating he quit.

IIRC

1. Had Ellen go out on senior day. Puts onus on Wheeler...where are you?

2. All but said he was playing in ncaat. Puts onus on Wheeler....where are you?

I think the Sharpe and Wheeler situation were two totally different things.

I genuinely think Sharpe pulled one over on Cal and UK...whether it was him or his camp, team was mislead.

Wheeler just quit. I think the staff knew this and covered up for him. There is no reasonable explanation otherwise, especially considering PT.2 above.

Not excusing anything but I think they made it as evident as possible by actions of UK and staff, without blatantly stating he quit.

IIRC

I genuinely think Sharpe pulled one over on Cal and UK...whether it was him or his camp, team was mislead.

Wheeler just quit. I think the staff knew this and covered up for him. There is no reasonable explanation otherwise, especially considering PT.2 above.

There was some insider scuttlebutt earlier this year alluding to scandalous actions between wheeler and jail Lucas and coeds

There was some insider scuttlebutt earlier this year alluding to scandalous actions between wheeler and jail Lucas and coedsJ

Just a friendly suggestion but maybe the term scuttlebutt is inappropriate in terms of the subject matter?

Maybe rumor or gossip?

Just sayin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Blue in 502

IIRC

He def covered for Wheeler, and I kinda get why. Wheeler was already catching flak from the fanbase, so can you imagine how nuclear it would've gone if came out plainly he just quit? I mean, we've seen a culture shift in crazy in some people (the dude that hit Travis Hunter in the CSU-CO game was getting death threats for goodness sakes). I'm not saying that would've happened here, but I think Cal was just trying to protect Wheeler a bit from over the top responses. Which if that's the case, I'm mostly ok with it.

But yes, he def. put onus on Wheeler without directly exposing him to the backlash.

IIRC

There's no evidence, not even a statement from Cal, pointing to Cal not knowing Sharpe wouldn't come back. But we know for a FACT that Cal knew he wouldn't play the year he came in. We also know that Sharpe's handlers made statements asserting that they told Cal Sharpe wasn't going to play the first year, and yet Cal admitted deceiving the public about it. You're just defending Cal because it makes you feel good to do so. Thus you don't hold him accountable for something that happened on his watch. Is he so STUPID that he could get fooled by a teenager? I thought he was supposed to be this super brain, 9 million dollar man, multiple success book author, evaluator of talent and character, and yet he somehow couldn't tell, despite the FACT that dozens of US knew Sharpe wouldn't play the next year? So either he's guilty or he's stupid, but either way he gets a pass from you. Good to know.

Last edited:
He def covered for Wheeler, and I kinda get why. Wheeler was already catching flak from the fanbase, so can you imagine how nuclear it would've gone if came out plainly he just quit? I mean, we've seen a culture shift in crazy in some people (the dude that hit Travis Hunter in the CSU-CO game was getting death threats for goodness sakes). I'm not saying that would've happened here, but I think Cal was just trying to protect Wheeler a bit from over the top responses. Which if that's the case, I'm mostly ok with it.

But yes, he def. put onus on Wheeler without directly exposing him to the backlash.

The ncaa thing definitely made it obvious. At that point idk why u cover as it made it blatant.

There's no evidence, not even a statement from Cal, pointing to Cal not knowing Sharpe wouldn't come back. But we know for a FACT that Cal knew he wouldn't play the year he came in. We also know that Sharpe's handlers made statements asserting that they told Cal Sharpe wasn't going to play the first year, and yet Cal admitted deceiving the public about it. You're just defending Cal because it makes you feel good to do so. Thus you don't hold him accountable for something that happened on his watch. Is he so STUPID that he could get fooled by a teenager? I thought he was supposed to be this super brain, 9 million dollar man, multiple success book author, evaluator of talent and character, and yet he somehow couldn't tell, despite the FACT that dozens of US knew Sharpe wouldn't play the next year? So either he's guilty or he's stupid, but either way he gets a pass from you. Good to know.

Since you like to throw around FACTS, why don't you lead with the FACT that no one on this board knows any FACTS about the Sharpe situation. It is 100% all speculation.

Cal may have been naive and played, if so that is on him. It doesn't make him stupid. It makes him human.

Since you like to throw around FACTS, why don't you lead with the FACT that no one on this board knows any FACTS about the Sharpe situation. It is 100% all speculation.

Cal may have been naive and played, if so that is on him. It doesn't make him stupid. It makes him human.
Nice try, but there are MANY FACTS in play on the Sharpe situation, including several actual quotes from Cal and from Sharpe's handlers. Everything in my post was factual. Stop excusing Cal, it's embarrassing to watch. He's been coaching for 30 years and gets paid top dollar, he has no excuse for being "played" by a teenager. If being stupid is human, then Cal is one of the most "human" coaches in basketball.

IIRC

The senior day thing was a huge lie. Having Ellen go out and all the stories surrounding it, was all just a cover up.

The "he's going to play in the NCAAT" was 100% a lie. Why even state that? It’s a lie.

The next time this happens and there will be a next time, we now can't trust what Cal says. Do you trust what he says? I don't.

Remember, he is famous for the old "I haven’t seen him" lies. I think someone finally told him to stop doing that, he went to that well way too often.

This program truly is 'players first' and it's gone way too far, the players know they can quit and Cal will lie for them. He did it for Jared Vanderbilt too.

It’s beyond time to prioritize the program and stop making individual rental players more important than the former top program in the country. We are on a hard decline and it's because the players are being catered to and the program is in the back seat.

He definitely lied to us about Sharpe playing in 22/23. Since when does Cal encourage a lottery pick to come back to college? No freaking way. That was a lie from the first time he said it and he said it many times. Why even do that?

Cal trolls the fanbase, then complains about things the fanbase.says.

Maybe it's a surprise event at BBM this year. The big fellow comes out on the floor and rips off the orange jumpsuit and screams "I'm a CAT !!!

I think the test he took before he didn't not have the proper tools alloted to him to help him take it. If I remember correctly he was in his home country and didn't have tools to help him. I may be wrong but that is how I remeber it. Maybe having to do with delexia ?

Nice try, but there are MANY FACTS in play on the Sharpe situation, including several actual quotes from Cal and from Sharpe's handlers. Everything in my post was factual. Stop excusing Cal, it's embarrassing to watch. He's been coaching for 30 years and gets paid top dollar, he has no excuse for being "played" by a teenager. If being stupid is human, then Cal is one of the most "human" coaches in basketball.

Man, you really remind me of another frequently banned poster I used to know.

Do you know what a fact is friend?

Cal making a quote that Sharpe could come back is a statement.

Whether Cal was lying or not and your thoughts on that are your opinion, not fact. There is no factual evidence stating he was lying or telling the truth. None. Those are your opinions.

A fact is not something that can be disputed.

Either way, typical troll trying to start crap because I don't agree with your assessment. Never did anything but state my opinion and you have to attack. Small man syndrome, get a life...really gets old on this board. Literally cannot have conversation because of loud mouths like you.

Take care bub

The senior day thing was a huge lie. Having Ellen go out and all the stories surrounding it, was all just a cover up.

The "he's going to play in the NCAAT" was 100% a lie. Why even state that? It’s a lie.

The next time this happens and there will be a next time, we now can't trust what Cal says. Do you trust what he says? I don't.

Remember, he is famous for the old "I haven’t seen him" lies. I think someone finally told him to stop doing that, he went to that well way too often.

This program truly is 'players first' and it's gone way too far, the players know they can quit and Cal will lie for them. He did it for Jared Vanderbilt too.

It’s beyond time to prioritize the program and stop making individual rental players more important than the former top program in the country. We are on a hard decline and it's because the players are being catered to and the program is in the back seat.

I mean it was all a lie then it was a cover up by the whole team.

“No, no, no,” star center Oscar Tshiebwe said. “He’s always been with us. He loves us. He’s been through injuries. We saw that. He needed surgery. But we need Sahvir.”

“Anyone can make assumptions, but we know his character and we know the kind of guy he is, and that’s really all that matters,” fellow guard CJ Fredrick said. “He’s had to battle through some stuff, but he’s been super positive and super uplifting to the team, hasn’t brought anyone down, and just been that leader that we need. And now having him back, having him with us, is huge.”

Wheeler declared himself able to play:

Oh, right, about that: Wheeler started working his way back into practice last week, participated fully — or close to it — this week, and in the locker room here Thursday, on the eve of sixth-seeded Kentucky’s NCAA Tournament opener against 11th-seeded Providence, he declared himself available to play again. The guy who allegedly quit on his team, even as he cheered from the bench for every game except the home finale against Vanderbilt (when he was in the hospital recovering from surgery), is back like he never left. Because he didn’t.

“That’s a narrative?” Wheeler said Thursday in the locker room, cackling as he feigned ignorance. “I’m not on social media. I haven’t been on Twitter or Instagram or anything like that. Man, I would hope (fans) were able to watch my energy on the bench. I think that tells a lot. That’s crazy that you say that, that was a narrative. Nah, man, I love this program. I love this team. I love the coaches I’m surrounded with every day. More than many guys will ever dream of. It’s a kid’s dream to be able to play at Kentucky. It’s a kid’s dream to play at this level, play in the kind of games I’ve been a part of. I’m at a loss for words, I’m just so happy to be able to play again.”

Reactions: celtikat33
Man, you really remind me of another frequently banned poster I used to know.

Do you know what a fact is friend?

Cal making a quote that Sharpe could come back is a statement.

Whether Cal was lying or not and your thoughts on that are your opinion, not fact. There is no factual evidence stating he was lying or telling the truth. None. Those are your opinions.

A fact is not something that can be disputed.

Either way, typical troll trying to start crap because I don't agree with your assessment. Never did anything but state my opinion and you have to attack. Small man syndrome, get a life...really gets old on this board. Literally cannot have conversation because of loud mouths like you.

Take care bub
Dude. Are you dense? I claimed in my post that Cal made a statement, and he did. That is a FACT. Jeez you're thick. And sensitive, you always have to make it personal. Grow up.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Dude. Are you dense? I claimed in my post that Cal made a statement, and he did. That is a FACT. Jeez you're thick. And sensitive, you always have to make it personal. Grow up.

Wow. Great fact man, Cal made a statement. Jeez...you gonna tell me clouds are in the sky next.

Who you calling dense? No sh*t he made a statement. He doesn't shut up. My point is there are no facts regarding Sharpe....none. Because of your nonsense I even looked it up to see if I forgot something, I didn't.

I responded to you only because you were typing facts in all caps for some reason.

You've made zero points man

“No, no, no,” star center Oscar Tshiebwe said. “He’s always been with us. He loves us. He’s been through injuries. We saw that. He needed surgery. But we need Sahvir.”

“Anyone can make assumptions, but we know his character and we know the kind of guy he is, and that’s really all that matters,” fellow guard CJ Fredrick said. “He’s had to battle through some stuff, but he’s been super positive and super uplifting to the team, hasn’t brought anyone down, and just been that leader that we need. And now having him back, having him with us, is huge.”

Oh, right, about that: Wheeler started working his way back into practice last week, participated fully — or close to it — this week, and in the locker room here Thursday, on the eve of sixth-seeded Kentucky’s NCAA Tournament opener against 11th-seeded Providence, he declared himself available to play again. The guy who allegedly quit on his team, even as he cheered from the bench for every game except the home finale against Vanderbilt (when he was in the hospital recovering from surgery), is back like he never left. Because he didn’t.

“That’s a narrative?” Wheeler said Thursday in the locker room, cackling as he feigned ignorance. “I’m not on social media. I haven’t been on Twitter or Instagram or anything like that. Man, I would hope (fans) were able to watch my energy on the bench. I think that tells a lot. That’s crazy that you say that, that was a narrative. Nah, man, I love this program. I love this team. I love the coaches I’m surrounded with every day. More than many guys will ever dream of. It’s a kid’s dream to be able to play at Kentucky. It’s a kid’s dream to play at this level, play in the kind of games I’ve been a part of. I’m at a loss for words, I’m just so happy to be able to play again.”
Of course the players are going to cover for him, given the situation, they had to, they couldn't out the kid.

Wheeler was pouting, he took his ball and he went home, it's very obvious and Cal, again, was put in a position where he had to lie to hide a player's intentions.

Oscar usually calls it like it is… when it comes to Cal ("he yells too much"), but this was about Wheeler and they were trying to kid-glove him, so they knew they couldn't come out and blast him through the media.

Kid had something millions of UK fans would love to do, which is put on a UK jersey and play for UK and he chose to pout and quit.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
My understanding was that Sharpe was initially willing to play, but certain forces conspired against that. Ultimately, I blame Cal for the fact that Sharpe never played.

I do think Sharpe was always intending to leave after the half season. I think Cal had plausible deniability on this, but he isn’t stupid.

I don’t know if it was 100% a lie but based on how things played out it’s my strong assumption that it was a lie. Team mates and Cal covered for him as to make it not a big story before the tournament.

With Cal it's always going to be a circus, for better or for worse. The last few years it's been for the worse.

This needs to get worked out because this year and this class is Cal's last chance to make a splash. If he doesn't do something this year with this legacy group then he truly is done here and we will just be stuck with it.
Been a wonderful ride with Cal here.

Best coach in college basketball.

Great ambassador for UK basketball and the university as a whole.

His days here will end at some point because time marches on.

It will be a sad day for UK when it comes.

He will be be very hard to replace.

Hopefully we get a Joe B type to follow Cal.

Although Joe B would be crucified in the internet age.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-D
We all know wheeler quit the team , cal confirming it would do no good and possible be used by rivals in recruiting against us.

The problem is that players know they can get away with not playing or quitting the team and it’s no big deal here at UK. Letting kids and their handlers walk all over you with no discipline has just soured the culture of UK basketball
Except that hasn’t happened.

Other than that it’s a good story for the CHC. But it’s nothing other than that.

We all know wheeler quit the team , cal confirming it would do no good and possible be used by rivals in recruiting against us.

The problem is that players know they can get away with not playing or quitting the team and it’s no big deal here at UK. Letting kids and their handlers walk all over you with no discipline has just soured the culture of UK basketball

What you’re worried about in the first paragraph is the reason for the second paragraph. If Cal called players out on their shit, these types of players wouldn’t want to come to Kentucky. That’s a good thing.

Been a wonderful ride with Cal here.

Best coach in college basketball.

Great ambassador for UK basketball and the university as a whole.

His days here will end at some point because time marches on.

It will be a sad day for UK when it comes.

He will be be very hard to replace.

Hopefully we get a Joe B type to follow Cal.

Although Joe B would be crucified in the internet age.

Joe B and Cal are pretty much the same tenure wise here overall. Both should have won more than 1 title. Both missed ncaa multiple times. Hall squandered 3 and 4 year good talent while cal has failed with 1 and done talent.

Calipari is too dumb to walk away like Hall finally did though. Hall also went to a final four his 2nd to last season though. Calipari working on not going to one the last decade lmao embarrassing.

Wow. Great fact man, Cal made a statement. Jeez...you gonna tell me clouds are in the sky next.

Who you calling dense? No sh*t he made a statement. He doesn't shut up. My point is there are no facts regarding Sharpe....none. Because of your nonsense I even looked it up to see if I forgot something, I didn't.

I responded to you only because you were typing facts in all caps for some reason.

You've made zero points man
Yep, just as I thought. Dense. Cal's statements aren't facts now? LOL So according to you, he's either stupid or a liar. Either way, you just keep making excuses for him, champ.

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
We do not know that Cal knew for a fact Sharpe wasn't going to play. Please provide evidence to that fact. I will stand by patiently for the evidence.

Joe B and Cal are pretty much the same tenure wise here overall. Both should have won more than 1 title. Both missed ncaa multiple times. Hall squandered 3 and 4 year good talent while cal has failed with 1 and done talent.

Calipari is too dumb to walk away like Hall finally did though. Hall also went to a final four his 2nd to last season though. Calipari working on not going to one the last decade lmao embarrassing.

The unintelligent portion of our fanbase can't even stay on topic on a message board.
We’re all guilty of it, you, me and a bunch of other good posters.

Thing is, it's just a thread about something that hasn't had any updates in a couple weeks. The thread didn’t go off topic, we're all just sitting here talking until more news comes out, it certainly doesn't mean we're dumb.

We’re all guilty of it, you, me and a bunch of other good posters.

Thing is, it's just a thread about something that hasn't had any updates in a couple weeks. The thread didn’t go off topic, we're all just sitting here talking until more news comes out, it certainly doesn't mean we're dumb.
How do you determine what is a good poster?

And Joe B caught plenty of heat in his day, as well. I give him a pass now because in retrospect, he did better than any other coach who followed a legend; but at the time I remember being irate w/ joe b on multiple occasions

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT