ADVERTISEMENT

IU AD still optimistic about UK-IU series renewal

Hi, im a Kentucky fan...Im still living in 2011....

Get new material. You guys are boring me with your old takes.

Yawn.
As an IUsedtobe fanboi, you’re still living in the 1980’s! You are now the third best team (at best) in your shithole state. That must really suck for you! LOL

Reactions: UKrazycat2
I didn't even know IU still had a team?

Same here. Their big "Movement" turned out to be just gas.

qa8aYUp.gif

Reactions: hotelblue
Archie going public lying about it and begging for it. "Mutual interest" BS. Hard, hard pass.

Not into rewarding for poor behavior, and not into going into situations that in no way benefit UK.

Let IU figure it out on their own - as some have said - become relevant in your own conference first... and learn how to behave in public.

If I'm Mitch and Cal, only way I do it is neutral site. Split tickets 50-50. Play in Indy, Chicago, Atlanta, etc. No way I go back to Bloomington.

I'd love to see it happen. I used to love traveling to Bloomington and looking all those clowns in the eyes when we whooped 'em.

IU fan here, much respect to the UK basketball program. Tops in college basketball imo. Not a troll, just realistic.

Def would like the series started up again. I would like to see the two teams play only on neutral courts.
A rotation of Madison square garden, staples center, United arena (Chicago) would be great for college b-ball fans. With both programs having strong traveling fan bases, this would be a great situation for both programs. Not saying UK needs it but UK would def benefit from capitalizing on the awesome exposure for recruiting and NCAA tournament seedlings.

Good luck this season

Go Hoosiers

I hate duke

With both programs having strong traveling fan bases, this would be a great situation for both programs. Not saying UK needs it but UK would def benefit from capitalizing on the awesome exposure for recruiting and NCAA tournament seedlings.
Your post was respectful. But slightly misinformed.
We replaced IU with Dook, UNC, Michigan State, UCLA, Kansas.
We get plenty of exposure already.

Your post was respectful. But slightly misinformed.
We replaced IU with Dook, UNC, Michigan State, UCLA, Kansas.
We get plenty of exposure already.
I am aware of UKs exposure, so not misinformed. I just don’t any negatives with them playing in these venues. Only positives.
Good luck this season

I am aware of UKs exposure, so not misinformed. I just don’t any negatives with them playing in these venues. Only positives.
Good luck this season
You still miss my point: we filled your spot.
IU has room and wants to play. UK has moved on.

You still miss my point: we filled your spot.
IU has room and wants to play. UK has moved on.
I think (hope) the series starts up again. It’s good for college basketball. Uncheat and dook get enough exposure from Nike/espn.
As a fan I feared and hated the UK teams from the 90s, now with Cal, I can appreciate and respect the program.

Always thought IU (when good) and UK played the game the right way and the fans extremely knowledgeable and equally passionate. Neither program got the benefits Uncheat and dook received from espn/Nike.

Good luck this season

Go IU

The IU series was great back in the day. On one level I wish it wouldn’t have left so soon because it would have been extremely lopsided the last 5-6 years. Their 2012 conduct deserves to be punished, though.

Negotiations should restart when they win the big ten tournament, something they’ve never done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT