ADVERTISEMENT

It's time we hear on Z

Just heard from a person who know a guy who know a guy - staff expected a decision by today or next Monday. Thought today. So maybe? Could he be cleared to play tomorrow? Let’s hope. He just told me the other day that we also still in good shape for VJE. Let’s hope on that too.
Today or next Monday...so a +7 day range. NCAA sure does love their "power", especially when it relates to schools that show no aggression or threat to sue (thanks Barney).

He would NOT play against Mizzou. None. Serious question, love the young man and he loves UK. But do we really want him coming this late ? It would disrupt team continuity and take some of somebody's minutes. Maybe Burks ia the only player for mw. Really I would like to see the young man get cleared, practice with the team this year, come back next year. Maybe even play a little kind of like Onyenso last year. Take any of Bradshaw minutes ? Onyenso? Mitchell ? I do NOT want to see that, those kids have done everything asked of them and the 2 bigs had to overcome injuries. To take any of their minutes would be a mistake.

Reactions: gharding07
He would NOT play against Mizzou. None. Serious question, love the young man and he loves UK. But do we really want him coming this late ? It would disrupt team continuity and take some of somebody's minutes. Maybe Burks ia the only player for mw. Really I would like to see the young man get cleared, practice with the team this year, come back next year. Maybe even play a little kind of like Onyenso last year. Take any of Bradshaw minutes ? Onyenso? Mitchell ? I do NOT want to see that, those kids have done everything asked of them and the 2 bigs had to overcome injuries. To take any of their minutes would be a mistake.
So if non of the injuries happened you still wouldn't have wanted him playing because there's too many bigs already?

Taking minutes is part of basketball. Don't want to lose minutes then perform better than the next guy. This summer everyone was crying we needed another big man, Yada yada yada. Then we signed Z, not his fault he hasn't been cleared yet. When he is cleared he should have the chance to play.

Not a dig at Z, live the kid, I said as much. BUT the injuries DID happen and they are back and we need them more than Z. I even said that I hope he gets cleared and maybe even play a role like Onyenso did last year, but with those 2 and Mitchell we are good and they don't need to lose minutes. Well I can tell you right now, he is NOT taking any of Bradshaw minutes. Maybe a FEw when Mitchell needs a spell, it would be mostly Onyenso minutes. You ok with that ? It might even affect Theiros minutes. To me if ANY of those guys I would be ok with, it would be Edwards,,, at the moment. But even he is making strides. This year there is just too many talented guys to start changing up roles and chemistry for a guy who hasn't even played a minute of college ball. Euro bigs take even longer than normal bigs, he needs time and patience. He was never brought here to be the savior or a star. We got those. He was brought in a insurance and he should stay that way. Too many of you watch too much NBA and think just because he is a 7 foot Euro guy, he will be Dirk or any other of the Euro studs in the league. His lofty status is just like NBA draft beliefs, he has potential. Not proven, but a 7 foot stretch 5 that can shot but hasn't prove it for a long stretch.

I think most likely there are things Kentucky and the NCAA know that they aren't making public (possibly to protect the kid or to support future litigation) and those things are what are subject to bureaucratic back and forth.

Im guessing, but that's my intuition.

Gee Dave. You couldn't find one of the other dozen threads on this to post in?

And what evidence do you have that it's a "vendetta"?

Reactions: NociHTTP
I think most likely there are things Kentucky and the NCAA know that they aren't making public (possibly to protect the kid or to support future litigation) and those things are what are subject to bureaucratic back and forth.

Im guessing, but that's my intuition.
This. There has to be A) a reason this has taken so long, and B) no public pressure at all from Cal or Kentucky. Someone knows something we don't, and that's why nobody is saying or doing anything.

I'm beginning to think Cal knew he would never be cleared, but needed Z in practice to bring along AB and Ugo. That's at least understandable.

Gee Dave. You couldn't find one of the other dozen threads on this to post in?

And what evidence do you have that it's a "vendetta"?
Why does a new post bother you? Who wants to drudge through whiney posts to get info? I want to thank Dave for his thoughts and info. The new posts don't get lost and bogged down from the whiney posters who know and share nothing of importance.

Good idea but I doubt espn would air it. Might take time away from Stephen A Smith screaming all day.
Maybe we need to get Stephen A Smith to start screaming about Big Z. Bring some national attention to how the NCAA is jerking this kid around.

Reactions: Fox2monk
a vendetta??? Why post ridiculous nonsense like that.
Well to be fair there is a history of a player coming directly from a foreign country and not getting rule legible for UK. So a little funny that a second one seems to be having the same issue. Vendetta or not just looks strange to most.

I have been stationed/deployed all over the world, Spain, Japan, Korea, Italy, Germany not counting the war countries that I visited but didn’t get to see many women while there. There are many beautiful women everywhere, but they also have many REAL Ugly Women. If you ask Z, I bet he says more good looking women here then back in his home town.
I spent a yr in eastern Europe. Yes, you do have some ugly women. But dayum!!! there were some gorgeous girls.

Who loses minutes to him then? Cal isnt going to throw him to the wolves in SEC play.
I stated pretty much the same thing, just long winded. He was brought in late as insurance, and he will continue to be that. Remeber he also had issues, since arriving, lost weight , but also hs a lot of mental setbacks constantly waited to be cleared. He is nowhere near "up to speed."

Reactions: gharding07
Croatian women are some of the most beautiful in Europe
There are some seriously, seriously beautiful women in Eastern Europe.
I have a friend that ordered one . Sent $2000 dollars , Couple of weeks later she said she was needing $500 more to get her papers in order …..he sent it …..couple weeks later she asked for $1000 more cause she had to pay off some debts before she was allowed to leave . He didn’t send her anymore. But her picture was beautiful, lol . True story.

Why it matters now, in the NIL era is beyond me. Kids are getting paid to attend schools. Literally hundreds of thousands.
this is what I can't understand. With NIL every college athlete is a paid professional. Does it matter that Z got paid in foreign $ versus american $.

I still wonder if there's a chance he can get cleared by next season (Would the NCAA fast track all the new eligibility cases ahead of him? lol).

He's likely not getting drafted now.. now that he hasn't played at all this season. Maybe he can use all off season to work on his game at our facilities, play next year, and he could then possibly be a lottery pick if that 7'2" frame pans out.
He needs to Sue not UK. The NCAA has cost him millions.

Not saying he is, but what if he is better than they are?

The NCAA should be required to hold a national press conference once/month and field questions from media and member institutions. Maybe if they get asked by ESPN on national TV over and over why they move so damn slowly, they'll speed up. Or at least provide some transparency on why their process moves at a snail's pace.
💯

Yes, I want him. After all he has been practing with the team all season nearly.

Reactions: travisbickle
Yes, I want him. After all he has been practing with the team all season nearly.
I think you could make a case that it actually disrupts continuity more to have a player that is (presumably) logging lots of practice minutes rather than just making it about game time. Minus his illnesses he’s practiced as much or more than Ugo and Bradshaw.

So I agree with you; I want him to play ASAP and am not worried about any kind of continuity issues. Plus he’s a much different player than Ugo for sure, and probably more athletic than Bradshaw.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
If he’s better than someone else, I hope he takes all the minutes he can. Avoiding hurt feelings sure helped us in 2022 when we had a lottery pick on the bench.

This team wants to compete. They aren’t fragile. It’s going to take all hands on deck to secure a championship.

Croatian women are some of the most beautiful in Europe
gfdgdsfgfdsfhghgfdhgf-1.png

If he’s better than someone else, I hope he takes all the minutes he can. Avoiding hurt feelings sure helped us in 2022 when we had a lottery pick on the bench.

This team wants to compete. They aren’t fragile. It’s going to take all hands on deck to secure a championship.
Exactly.

Reactions: Aike
Hope he gets cleared. Ideally his skill set is such that he can give Mitchell a few minutes rest. Has anyone seen him play outside of the few European highlight videos?

Damn straight!

Reactions: Aike
The NCAA should be required to hold a national press conference once/month and field questions from media and member institutions. Maybe if they get asked by ESPN on national TV over and over why they move so damn slowly, they'll speed up. Or at least provide some transparency on why their process moves at a snail's pace.
No one in the country cares about this situation except UK fans…..I hear ya, but it simply isn’t a priority for anyone at the NCAA apparently

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT