ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana fans at there own gym to celebrate regular season title

PhattyJ4UK

All-American
Nov 7, 2008
Hang a banner .. I would think it was a decent accomplishment if they didn't act like they won the NCAA tourny.

Say what you want about IU...but they willed their way to a Big Ten title despite big injuries to key players.

Reactions: Rico6819
Cutting down the nets in an empty gym after a WIN is a step in the right direction.

Reactions: Jkwo
BGfwE-tCIAAHzVM.jpg

Say what you want about IU...but they willed their way to a Big Ten title despite big injuries to key players.
They had a really, really easy Big 10 schedule compared to the other top teams in their conference. That's not their fault but it's a fact. Texas A & M benefitted from a similar schedule this year in the SEC.

ESPN graphic last night showed in conference SOS. IU's was 14th. For you IU fans, that's LAST!
For any visiting IU fans, what Catapult is saying is...Coach Tom Crean has done a Herculean job keeping the IU players FOCUSED throughout the season and not allowing them to think they can just trot out on the court and expect an easy win. It takes a HELLUVA coach to keep his players focused like that! I shake my head in total AMAZEMENT! [thumb2]

Reactions: Catapult
Posting this just because Coach Tom Crean is AWESOME!! Damn YOU Hoosier fans!! You've lucked into the GREATEST coach in your school's HISTORY!

tom-crean-upset-about-a-foul-against-wichita-state.gif

Don't you mean in ANY school's history!!!11!!!!!!11111111!!!

I'm sure when they hang that Big10 banner they'll extend Cream's contract another Big10 years!!!!1!!!111111!!!!!!!!!11!1!

Reactions: *CatinIL*
Some of their fans on Facebook actually think they're gonna win the title this year [laughing]

A conference title in the Big 10 these days is virtually worthless considering how unbalanced the schedule is. A nominal accomplishment more than anything.

I'd be shocked if they advanced past the S16.

Don't you mean in ANY school's history!!!11!!!!!!11111111!!!

I'm sure when they hang that Big10 banner they'll extend Cream's contract another Big10 years!!!!1!!!111111!!!!!!!!!11!1!
Oh HELL YES!! Nice catch Deco. How could I have limited my remarks to just "AT" IU? Rookie mistake on my part. Sorry IU fans, I didn't mean to undercut Coach Tom Crean like that...just jealousy on my part I guess. I deserve a BIG :chairshot:

This is the greatest thing that could happen. It buys crean at least another 2-3 years minimum. Any person who isn't completely retarded can see they played a terribly easy schedule and only had to play msu on the road. Any other remotely tough game was at home. (Wisc may be the exception but they lost to them)

They will struggle to make the s16, no way they get past that.

Congrats on being on the favorable side of an unbalanced schedule. I guess you have to revel in something when you know Crean is still going to be your coach.

Bottom line, take your regular season title if it means old Clappy stays there, because his ceiling is the S16 and everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, knows it...

Reactions: hotelblue
Thanks for the input, if you was in the sec you would be singing a different tune.

Out of curiosity, what makes you think this? The Big 10 clearly has a stronger RPI than the SEC, and against the only Big 10 team we faced this year we got our asses kicked by one of their bottom feeders (Ohio State).

Folks, sometimes you just gotta put aside the rival-bashing pettiness and give some credit where due. Did anyone imagine a few months ago that this IU team could win that conference over Michigan State, Maryland, Purdue and Iowa? Especially after losing Blackmon for the season? They've had one helluva conference run.

Out of curiosity, what makes you think this? The Big 10 clearly has a stronger RPI than the SEC, and against the only Big 10 team we faced this year we got our asses kicked by one of their bottom feeders (Ohio State).

Folks, sometimes you just gotta put aside the rival-bashing pettiness and give some credit where due. Did anyone imagine a few months ago that this IU team could win that conference over Michigan State, Maryland, Purdue and Iowa? Especially after losing Blackmon for the season? They've had one helluva conference run.
Please let them be in our bracket. They are a overated average team that will be seeded higher than us due to their Conference.'I like our chances, if they win the Big10 tournament I may change my tune.

a) Ohio State is 11-6 in the Big 10.

b) No, we don't have to do or give anything to that scumbag fanbase.

c) As has been noted, Indiana was aided by an unbalanced schedule.

d) For Chrissakes, they're holding a ceremony for winning the conference.

I also find it hilarious how we never see Indiana fans anymore until they start winning then they crawl out of their holes and want to talk smack. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

OSU shot lights out in that game. Didn't do it before, haven't done it since.

Conference RPI?? Big Ten is currently 5th at .5558; SEC is 6th at .5539.
Big Ten has a SOS of .5520, ranked 6th; SEC is SOS .5558, ranked 5th.

To my eyes that's pretty dam close.

So you can take your obvious disdain (misplaced) of the SEC and go root for the Big Ten. You won't be missed.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT