ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana fans at there own gym to celebrate regular season title

This probably a type of year IU makes some noise in the NCAAT and then get stuck with Crean for life.

Reactions: Neue Regel
Kentucky and Florida have EACH won more titles by themselves than the entire B1G conference COMBINED. I really don't understand why B1G fans pretend like winning the conference is such a special thing. What a joke.

Oh, and 1987.

Reactions: omegamandanny
Please let them be in our bracket. They are a overated average team that will be seeded higher than us due to their Conference.'I like our chances, if they win the Big10 tournament I may change my tune.

I think it'll happen. The Sports Media and the NCAA want that game... especially if they think the Whoosiers are actually good enough to beat us. [winking] Now, if we actually end up playing each other is debatable, of course.

The 4-5 game (Round of 32) is the best possibility for an actual game, but would likely require some losses and have to be somewhat gerrymandered for those seeds. Wins by one, with the other losing could let a 3-6 fall into place. The Sweet 16 match would have too different seeding to happen. I expect more wins and higher seeds for both... so, maybe it'll be set up for a possible 2-3 Elite 8 game?

Say what you want about IU...

OK. Indiana sucks. They haven't won anything of any value in decades. Their coach is batsh*t crazy. I'm going to enjoy watching them flame out prematurely in the dance.

That oughtta do it for now. Thanks for the platform.

I think it'll happen. The Sports Media and the NCAA want that game... especially if they think the Whoosiers are actually good enough to beat us. [winking] Now, if we actually end up playing each other is debatable, of course.
I concur with your entire synopsis.
The 4-5 game (Round of 32) is the best possibility for an actual game, but would likely require some losses and have to be somewhat gerrymandered for those seeds. Wins by one, with the other losing could let a 3-6 fall into place. The Sweet 16 match would have too different seeding to happen. I expect more wins and higher seeds for both... so, maybe it'll be set up for a possible 2-3 Elite 8 game?

I would like to hear why UK fans think a game against IU would he so easy in the tourney. The only Big Ten team that uk has played this year beat UK...that team is on the NCAA bubble and out as of right now I think. IU beat Ohio State soundly.

Out of curiosity, what makes you think this? The Big 10 clearly has a stronger RPI than the SEC, and against the only Big 10 team we faced this year we got our asses kicked by one of their bottom feeders (Ohio State).

Folks, sometimes you just gotta put aside the rival-bashing pettiness and give some credit where due. Did anyone imagine a few months ago that this IU team could win that conference over Michigan State, Maryland, Purdue and Iowa? Especially after losing Blackmon for the season? They've had one helluva conference run.
How is OSU with a 11-6 conference record a bottom feeder?

Reactions: blubo
Out of curiosity, what makes you think this? The Big 10 clearly has a stronger RPI than the SEC, and against the only Big 10 team we faced this year we got our asses kicked by one of their bottom feeders (Ohio State).

Folks, sometimes you just gotta put aside the rival-bashing pettiness and give some credit where due. Did anyone imagine a few months ago that this IU team could win that conference over Michigan State, Maryland, Purdue and Iowa? Especially after losing Blackmon for the season? They've had one helluva conference run.

Refs. No way would IU go into the opposing SEC venues and get a fair whistle. They would drop quite a few games.

I would like to hear why UK fans think a game against IU would he so easy in the tourney. The only Big Ten team that uk has played this year beat UK...that team is on the NCAA bubble and out as of right now I think. IU beat Ohio State soundly.
1. Your clown of a coach sucks and is a joke in the NCAA tournament.
2. We have better talent, a better coach and do much better in the tournament than IU.
3. Wade isn't walking through that door.

Also since you brought up Ohio St I would also like to add that IU did play Duke earlier in the season as well and they lost by 20.

When teams come out hot and you can't hit your gonna lose.
If we had won the games we should have won like Texas AM, KU and UT you would have a different outlook on things. It's very diffucult to win a game when the other team is allowed to play physical D and your called for touch fouls.
IU has won some games against good teams like Iowa, ND and Purdue but their schedule is very favorable to them.

d1nu5qz.jpg

Hey - you forgot Hoosier Joe [laughing]

norman_chubby_chaney___love_business.jpg

Reactions: blubo

Other than Kentucky, I haven't paid that much attention to CBB this year, so I can't say much about the Whoosiers/Big10. But if you're basing things off of the Ohio State game, I can tell you that THAT UK team that lost to OSU back in Dec-- is not the same UK team that we have right now.

If Willis comes back okay, and we avoid any more major injuries... I like our chances.

You guys got thrashed by Duke by 20 and we thrashed Duke....... soooo....

I think Indiana has good team this year. They're one of about 30 teams who could make a run.

They also have been past the Sweet 16 once since 1994. Think about that for a second.

Reactions: mapcatfan
Yep...we were trounced by Duke....we stunk it up in November and December......lose.Blackmon who could.care less about defense and it turns us into a different team.
I hope we get a shot at Uk in the tourney for sure...thats the only true way to know who the better team is. Right now we are about evenly seeded so an early game may not happen.

Yep...we were trounced by Duke....we stunk it up in November and December......lose.Blackmon who could.care less about defense and it turns us into a different team.
I hope we get a shot at Uk in the tourney for sure...thats the only true way to know who the better team is. Right now we are about evenly seeded so an early game may not happen.

Remind me again – is Indiana eligible for the postseason tournament? I get all of our rivals that cheat mixed up. It's really hard to keep track of all the dirty things North Carolina, Louisville and Indiana have done over the past decade.

Careful what you wish for!

Reactions: TexKat
You won't be around long enough to play later.

Reactions: Blue ice
Say what you want about IU...but they willed their way to a Big Ten title despite big injuries to key players.
How many Big 10 championships does Indiana have? Just wondering - oh by the way UK will win it's 47th conference championship on Saturday. That's why we don't hang league championship banners - we hang final four banners and National Championship Banners - oh, we also don't hang banners for Helms National Championships - which we have a few of those too!

Go Big Blue!

I'm thrilled to see IU do well enough to keep Tom Crean around. I don't want to see them win it all, but I want Crean to stay as the coach, The guy is priceless.

Reactions: omegamandanny
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT