ADVERTISEMENT

Delusional posts from voltard nation

I think just about every UK fan knew Reeves stepped out of bounds but how pathetic of it was CBS to go back after a commercial break and replay it. They woudn't have done that if UT did it or virtually any other team. Love the hate.
Yeah, seems that most TV announcers freak out on the few calls we may get. The refs got it back for them on the cylinder call for two points even though 100% of everyone else said it was a legit block. But it is funny anymore when you listen closely how obvious it is who the TV guys are pulling for. The phantom foul call on Reeves was one of the worst you would ever see. Why would they make a call like that? TV guys didn't seem too bothered about it. Or how about the charge that Knect committed on Thiero. The ole TV guys was great with that call. Could go on and on. I knew when I saw Daily's name we would get some horrible calls. They did let us have a pretty good block fest the first half. Lot of times a ref would call some of those fouls even though they wasn't.

Yeah, seems that most TV announcers freak out on the few calls we may get. The refs got it back for them on the cylinder call for two points even though 100% of everyone else said it was a legit block. But it is funny anymore when you listen closely how obvious it is who the TV guys are pulling for. The phantom foul call on Reeves was one of the worst you would ever see. Why would they make a call like that? TV guys didn't seem too bothered about it. Or how about the charge that Knect committed on Thiero. The ole TV guys was great with that call. Could go on and on. I knew when I saw Daily's name we would get some horrible calls. They did let us have a pretty good block fest the first half. Lot of times a ref would call some of those fouls even though they wasn't.

It's like they wanted to make it known what happened so a makeup call would be made down the stretch. Us against everybody and I wouldn't want it any other way.

“It's the hardest loss for me to take. Mercenarial program with some local fans that only talk about them when they are really good. Basically local bandwagon fools.”
“Mercenarial”? LOL I love when dopey posters use words that don’t exist.

And, fwiw, EVERYONE is now essentially a mercenary program in this new era of NIL money and the transfer portal. Just how many years does that dumbass think Dalton Knecht is gonna be in Knoxville?

Admittedly, UK was ahead of the rest with that one and done stuff, but the rest have now joined us. Short term rentals are the only way to stay competitive nowadays:

“Mercenarial”? LOL I love when dopey posters use words that don’t exist.

And, fwiw, EVERYONE is now essentially a mercenary program in this new era of NIL money and the transfer portal. Just how many years does that dumbass think Dalton Knecht is gonna be in Knoxville?

Admittedly, UK was ahead of the curve with that stuff in the early NIL era, but the rest have now joined us. Short term rentals are the only way to stay competitive nowadays:
Same guy who roots for a program. Who does this..

5) For whatever reason, Barnes and Co. forgot that when playing sUcK late in the season it's your five against their eight. It wasn't so much the fouls that were called as it was the times the zebras swallowed their whistles. Seemed every time Tennessee drove the lane, the UT shooter wound up on the floor. If Kentucky's football team had hit like that they'd have been undefeated.

If you wanna bow down to Kentucky, go right ahead. Were a better program than them atm, period. Ain’t coming off that stance

For my sanity, did anybody else notice Sheppard take like 12 steps on an inbound pass there at the end? It wasn't off a made basket. They had just inbounded and called timeout. 28" left on shot clock. How did they miss this???

When it's UT vs bama and/or UK, I think it's safe to say it wasn't "missed". Overlooked, ignored are more appropriate terms

Look at the ref's position....holy he$$ he is looking right at it!!!!

It's the hardest loss for me to take. Mercenarial program with some local fans that only talk about them when they are really good. Basically local bandwagon fools.

What else do KY fans have to celebrate after basketball season is over?

This is why we dont deserve to be a #1 seed. #1 seeded teams shouldnt drop games like this, USC, and Texas A&M.

A couple of these folks are people who grew up in the sticks of rural TN. There is no connection to their program they just think it makes them look cool when UK is really good.
Moron

Trust me you don’t even want to know how they act in person. I see a lot of people, I believe you even said it yesterday (maybe not), that think UK and UT fans, Kentucky and Tennessee people, are around the same. I have lived in both and I have experienced UL fans.

Nothing comes close to the nastiness, the thuggery, the disgustingness of a Tennessee fan and many of their people.

You know what really trips me out. Driving in Tennessee, good luck on someone letting you over. In most of the state they refuse. Since living in Kentucky everyone lets you over.

I knew this already because I grew up going to my father’s side in western Ky. Always seemed the people were just nicer. Now I’ve lived in most parts of Tennessee and been all over Kentucky, living there now.

Tennessee is trash. Geographically similar and that’s it. I wouldn’t go to their board. Might be the only place you can catch herpes electronically.

Trust me you don’t even want to know how they act in person. I see a lot of people, I believe you even said it yesterday (maybe not), that think UK and UT fans, Kentucky and Tennessee people, are around the same. I have lived in both and I have experienced UL fans.

Nothing comes close to the nastiness, the thuggery, the disgustingness of a Tennessee fan and many of their people.

You know what really trips me out. Driving in Tennessee, good luck on someone letting you over. In most of the state they refuse. Since living in Kentucky everyone lets you over.

I knew this already because I grew up going to my father’s side in western Ky. Always seemed the people we just nicer. Now I’ve lived in most parts of Tennessee and been all over Kentucky, living there now.

Tennessee is trash. Geographically similar and that’s it.

I would go to their board. Might be the only place you can catch herpes electronically.
I was just talking general culture and accents. Minus northern KY.

Reactions: Jeff2Reed
I was just talking general culture and accents. Minus northern KY.

I thought so. Yes that’s definitely true. Western Ky western Tn geographically and accent identical. Same for the rest of the states. But the culture of attitude is vastly different. You wouldn’t think so, but it’s not even close.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Seems pretty reasonable compared to what the CHC posts here to each other all the time.
Whatever you say Brad Erin...

DeX52qa.png

Tennessee has yet to do anything but win a single conference tournament title in forever. It’s all they’ve really done lately, and their fans keep telling me “it’s a different time” the same as Arkansas fans said in 1994, Florida fans said in 2008 etc. Every now and then a random SEC team grabs a solid coach and wins a little bit over a short period. They all say the same thing. They all end up back at the bottom of the line, waiting for another 40 years until the law of averages shines in their favor for basketball.

Auburn is going through this for the first time in real time too.

And every single one of them are annoying. All they end up doing anyway, when they suck again, is say they don’t follow college basketball.

I thought so. Yes that’s definitely true. Western Ky western Tn geographically and accent identical. Same for the rest of the states. But the culture of attitude is vastly different. You wouldn’t think so, but it’s not even close.
Idk, I just feel a certain kinship to the state. Prob bc that's where my family came from, lol.

Reactions: Jeff2Reed
But it is a rule and I’m pretty sure Reed broke it yesterday, maybe shuffling your feet isn’t enough and you have to actually go outside a certain radius. But I was surprised it wasn’t called.
Oh I’m not arguing that per se. I just think it overly favors defense in that situation.

go back and read the game threads from the past month with us

there hasn't been a single game where people weren't convinced the refs screwed us. 2 minutes in and the refs are out to make UK lose.

Its not just UK of course, its just funny to see two fanbases during a game see it from completely different viewpoints that refs are out to screw them

Tenn fans are pretty clueless on bball.

Yeah, basically. We were up 10 with 50 seconds left. STFU about officiating. Good Lord.

I mean, did they not get a good whistle? I watched the game too. The zebra's didn't matter. We were kicking their ass until the very end.

Reactions: RunninRichie
They call us a mercenary school pleeaaase, this coming from a bunch that paid a freshman QB 3 million dollars just to come their. Thier football program DEFINES the word mercenary.

Could there have been some missed fouls, like a few on Knecht? Sure, I'd say he took a few bumps.

But the Reeves OOB play was negated by the missed block (and that one is even worse because they even reviewed it and still got it wrong). They also hurried on Reeds 5 seconds where they whistled it after the ball left his hands.

On top of that Tennessee was winning the foul and FT battle up until they had to start fouling.

I'd say Tennessee fans are just upset they didn't get ALL the calls their way like they did when they played @ Rupp.
Fans were booing actual good foul calls against them in the first half when they were living at the FT line. Replay would show an obvious foul by one of their guys (the only time we'd get a call was if it was essentially assault), but they'd keep on booing like the refs were wrong.

Our fans boo, but if the replay shows it as a good call, we shut up. Every damned SEC basketball "fanbase" boos everything because they have no clue about the rules of college basketball. They are 99% football and 1% basketball, and that 1% is only around when UK comes to town and they get free tshirts.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Went to game. First time in Food City arena.

My perception is pretty much this:

• During deadballs, they only brought out UT football players.
  • Sound is constantly being pumped into the arena to mask fans just sitting there
    • To their credit, it's a good sound system
  • Lights moving around further makes it appear fans are involved and "crazy" as they just sit there
  • They'd cheer occasionally when UT made it close, otherwise dead silent
  • Didn't really appear to understand the game of basketball...or to genuinely care.
    • Maybe this is due to winning the SEC already, I don't know but fans really weren't engaged it seemed like
  • Is a big arena. I'll give them that, for whatever it's worth. They basically built luxury suites over the seats and didn't bother doing anything with the seats behind boxes, which are still in view but completely obstructed

Knecht falls to the ground on 3/4 of his shots. He will drive the lane and fall all the way into the first row of cheerleaders trying to get a foul called. If you go back and watch the game look at how many times he falls on his shot trying to get a foul called.

I think just about every UK fan knew Reeves stepped out of bounds but how pathetic of it was CBS to go back after a commercial break and replay it. They woudn't have done that if UT did it or virtually any other team. Love the hate.
I thought the same thing. I knew he had stepped out or gotten pretty close during live play, but then leave it to CBS to come back to show that replay, of all things. At least they disagreed with the goaltend call, although one could make the case that the camera angle from above the rim made it tough to confirm the ball wasn't over the cylinder.

Went to game. First time in Food City arena.

My perception is pretty much this:

• During deadballs, they only brought out UT football players.
  • Sound is constantly being pumped into the arena to mask fans just sitting there
    • To their credit, it's a good sound system
  • Lights moving around further makes it appear fans are involved and "crazy" as they just sit there
  • They'd cheer occasionally when UT made it close, otherwise dead silent
  • Didn't really appear to understand the game of basketball...or to genuinely care.
    • Maybe this is due to winning the SEC already, I don't know but fans really weren't engaged it seemed like
  • Is a big arena. I'll give them that, for whatever it's worth. They basically built luxury suites over the seats and didn't bother doing anything with the seats behind boxes, which are still in view but completely obstructed
I did notice a feel of church house Rupp and wondered why the fans were so dull. Even when UT made a couple runs, the fans were hardly into it.

Reactions: KAB Cats
Fans were booing actual good foul calls against them in the first half when they were living at the FT line. Replay would show an obvious foul by one of their guys (the only time we'd get a call was if it was essentially assault), but they'd keep on booing like the refs were wrong.

Our fans boo, but if the replay shows it as a good call, we shut up. Every damned SEC basketball "fanbase" boos everything because they have no clue about the rules of college basketball. They are 99% football and 1% basketball, and that 1% is only around when UK comes to town and they get free tshirts.
UT fans apparently lack any knowledge of basketball rules or just complain and boo everything.

Reactions: TheDude73
UT fans apparently lack any knowledge of basketball rules or just complain and boo everything.
Yep, and I noticed it at every road game in the SEC this year. One hilarious example was at Miss St - multiple calls on their team and they would break into "refs you suck" even though the replay clearly showed a gregarious foul, or an out of bounds that was clear as day even without a replay, they'd still go on and on booing.

Just a bunch of senseless idiots, really.

I thought the same thing. I knew he had stepped out or gotten pretty close during live play, but then leave it to CBS to come back to show that replay, of all things. At least they disagreed with the goaltend call, although one could make the case that the camera angle from above the rim made it tough to confirm the ball wasn't over the cylinder.

Yeah, that wasn't a goaltend.

My thing is this, though. How could the ball be over the cylinder if you jump straight up and block the shot without hitting your hand on the rim? The replay clearly showed the basketball was still on the way up, so the only logical explanation to the call would be if it were over the cylinder.

I always laugh at people who do stuff like “sUcK”

Tenn fans are pretty clueless on bball.
This is the same ignorant low information fan base that several weeks back that said. If Reed Sheppard was on this Tennessee team that he wouldn't get any playing time...... In Reed Sheppard we're talking about probably the best freshman in college basketball who's projected to be a Top-5 draft pick & the moron Tennessee fans said this.

Reactions: WeWant9
Some of the calls were bad but based on the new rules that was a block on Adou. He was on the restricted circle which is an automatic block and as the secondary defender he was not in position before Knecht planted his foot to go airborne.

"Under the new rule, a defender to draw a change must be in position at the time an offensive player plants a foot to go airborne to attempt a field goal. If the defender arrives after the offensive player plants a foot to launch towards the hoop, officials will be coached to call a block if or when contact occurs.

The rule change also states that a secondary defender would have to be outside the restricted area arc to legally draw a charge. Under the previous rules structure, defenders had to be in position to draw a charge before the offensive player went airborne."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT