ADVERTISEMENT

PGA CHAMPIONSHIP VALHALLA

I wonder how much yesterdays event affected Scottie in today's play? Getting to the course and playing was probably a needed distraction for him yesterday. Today...after answering nothing but questions about the 'arrest' after yesterdays round, reflecting on the events of the day, perhaps little to no sleep, worry, etc.....
Sooner or later his streak of bogey free golf had to come to an end. But seems strange to me that it came crashing down after yesterday.

Reactions: TheFrontRunner
I wonder how much yesterdays event affected Scottie in today's play? Getting to the course and playing was probably a needed distraction for him yesterday. Today...after answering nothing but questions about the 'arrest' after yesterdays round, reflecting on the events of the day, perhaps little to no sleep, worry, etc.....
Sooner or later his streak of bogey free golf had to come to an end. But seems strange to me that it came crashing down after yesterday.

Haven't see you post in a while. I was about to post something similar. I think everything happened so fast yesterday, it didn't bother his play. But after sleeping on it, talking with his wife and parents about it, maybe looking at what was being written...it all seems to have messed with his game today. Until I read something that says otherwise, everything points to an overreaction by a cop. A misunderstanding that if everyone was reasonable would have been resolved in a minute or two. Little Ego is a helluva drug for some.

Great leader board though. I love it when this many players have a chance to win.

Streak that ended was double-bogey, right?

He's missing his caddy today. That alone is enough.
Plus the reality hit him that he's charged with a felony.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
Valhalla is pretty easy for a major course imo. But it usually has close finishes which to me is all that matters for a course. I absolutely hate those US opens where the course is so hard that only 1 guy plays decent enough over 4 days and is always 4-5 strokes ahead. Plus Valhalla almost always has a great atmosphere too.

Valhalla is pretty easy for a major course imo. But it usually has close finishes which to me is all that matters for a course. I absolutely hate those US opens where the course is so hard that only 1 guy plays decent enough over 4 days and is always 4-5 strokes ahead. Plus Valhalla almost always has a great atmosphere too.
As somebody said earlier, Valhalla is easy (for pros) when the course and greens are saturated. It's target practice at the pins.

Reactions: sefus12
Daughters High School graduation. Will be back tomorrow.
His Caddy has a child graduating today. So Scottie told him family comes first. That was scheduled long before this past week.

Also Scottie asked the PGA Chaplain to carry his bag. Dude is a golfer, but not a Caddy. And today, Scottie needed his closest friend (Caddy) more than ever.

Valhalla is fair. They always bunch up when it's a fair course. Tomorrow will be fun.

course would be much tougher in August unfortunately the switch to Zoysia made it even easier- course is damp ball not rolling out
Course is plenty hard enough it’s just defenseless with these guys length and ability

Reactions: uky8unc5
Golf digest ranked it the 33rd most difficult course in the country for whatever that’s worth.
I’ve played quite a few nice places, including Valhalla, and there’s ZERO chance Valhalla is one of the 50 hardest courses in the country. Awesome to play, nowhere near one of the most difficult courses in the country.

With that said, the last two PGAs there and the Ryder Cup have been incredibly exciting, and this year’s PGA looks to continue that trend. Just shows a course doesn’t have to be hard to create an incredibly exciting tournament.

Impressed that Shane Lowry can walk this course 4 days in a row. He’s 6’1” and looks to be about 250 pounds.

Heard a lot of whispers that this may be the last PGA event here. Hope that's not the case.

Helluva putt by Schauffele

(is that an LMPD patch on Scheffer's right sleeve?)

Last edited:
Bryson hits a 243 yard 6 iron, on the button.

Good grief. It really brings into perspective; just how awful I am at golf. LOL
Bryson alters his clubs to add distance.
But he plays a game with which I am not familiar.

Reactions: parrott
Xander needs to close this one out. Has let too many opportunities slip by. Time to nut up and prove he is a Top 5 player.

Xander deserves the win. He’s been consistently the best player from day one. But he’s gotta finish.

Would have been rough for the PGA to have a LIV player win their championship 2 years in a row (yes, know it’s not exactly the PGA Tour’s event).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT