ADVERTISEMENT

If Reed doesn’t start it will be criminal.

The last few years, UK has had crippling injuries by tournament time from over-playing the stars. So, pick your poison. Gratification now or develop lots of players? If I know my RR posters, they want both. Fortunately they have a place to scream out their unhappiness.

We didn't last year. Wheeler was and is a quitting POS and faked injury.

This is just some speculation on my part and SIAP, but I think this is Cal's logic. At the beginning of the game teams are rattled and more likely to miss their shots. Do I have analytics to back this up? Of course not. Then around three to five minutes everyone gets settled down and plays better offense. I think by bringing in Reed (and Rob) at this point it messes with the opponents' heads enough to make it worthwhile.
No disrespect but that’s pretty thin, I ain’t buying it.

Reactions: KFuqua and Ugoff
DJ and Edwards were promised that if they came to Kentucky that they would start. They both decided to come. He is keeping his promise no matter if it is deserved or not.
This is the truth 100% and it is such bs that it has to be that way. Reed has totally exposed Cal for his obvious favoritism and it is going to cost us down the road. I have always thought Cal makes it harder for certain types of kids to get playing time but Reed is so good he knew there was no way he couldn't play him. Some will get pissed about my opinion about this but I don't care.

I don’t agree. I think it should stay like it is.
Early in the year when we were winning and the starting lineup was doing fine enough I was with you.

After the DJ injury he just has been no where near Rob or Reed. Change the lineup Cal you look very dumb.

Bottom line is he can’t play 40 mins. None of the guys should play 40 mins. You either start him and pull him later or you let him be the spark off the bench. Same with dilly. No one will agree on how to do it but we all have to agree that he has to sit at some point. I’m cool with him and dilly coming off the bench because they are instant offense. But I’d like to see a more organic starting lineup to start the second half. Often time that’s the more crucial part of the game

Reactions: Jack2936
Shep should start, take a 1-3 minute break halfway through the half and then go back in. Be sure at least one of him and Dilly are on the court at all times.

You could easily stagger them. Dilly subs out at the 12-14 minute mark. He then comes in for Reed halfway through the half.

Early in the year when we were winning and the starting lineup was doing fine enough I was with you.

After the DJ injury he just has been no where near Rob or Reed. Change the lineup Cal you look very dumb.
Do you have to bring up Cal in every thread 🙄. Sheesh.

This is just some speculation on my part and SIAP, but I think this is Cal's logic. At the beginning of the game teams are rattled and more likely to miss their shots. Do I have analytics to back this up? Of course not. Then around three to five minutes everyone gets settled down and plays better offense. I think by bringing in Reed (and Rob) at this point it messes with the opponents' heads enough to make it worthwhile.
Yup, spotting the enemy 10 points...sounds like Cal logic too me. Getting down 10 in the first few minutes "messes" with our guy's heads, don't ya think? Just can't support DJ starting or foolish attempts at justifying it.

I love me some of the three R's. That used to be reading, riting and rithmetic (you know the old saying about the three most important subjects in school...and yes, it was misspelled on purpose). But my favorite subjects now are Reed, Rob and Reeves!!!

GO CATS!!!💙💙💙

DJ and Edwards were promised that if they came to Kentucky that they would start. They both decided to come. He is keeping his promise no matter if it is deserved or not.
It would be nice if Wagner pulled a Gilchrist and told Cal that Sheppard deserves to start. Because he does. He just makes too much difference with the team in all phases. We seem to be a lot better with Sheppard handling the ball also. I like Wagner and he is important to the team. But from what is best from a team standpoint, we need to start faster than we have been.

Reactions: KFuqua and rob_47
That’s fine.

Start Sheppard, Wagner, Reeves, Edwards, and Ivisic.

Might be better to bring Dillingham off the bench anyway since he likes to pick up silly fouls early in the game.

But there is no reason not to start Sheppard. He plays a lot with Wagner anyway.

You mean the thread about who starts? Not the brightest crayon..
So you’re ok with bringing up Cal in a thread about who starts on the line up, but when I bring up Cal in a thread discussing a player he recruited onto the line up that’s just way out of bounds.

And you’re implying I’m stupid?

Does your hypocrisy know no bounds?

He’s our best player all around.

I like the spark he and Dilly bring off the bench, which is about 3.5 to 4 minutes in the game.

Anyway, does anyone think what we coach on this message board carries any weight with the coaching staff?

🤣🤣
What SHOULD carry weight with our coach is that within those 3-4 minutes before he puts in his best lineup we get in the hole anywhere from 8 to 10 points. It will cost us an NCAA tourney game, hide and watch

I agree with which ever side you're on. But I don't care who starts, at least Cal appears to know (at times) who should finish.

I see the argument, but at this point it's February 28, maybe don't upset the apple cart now in terms of team chemistry, clubhouse. As long as Reed gets plenty of minutes, he doesn't seem to care.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Don’t hold your breath on Reed starting, I get wanting that spark off the bench but we can’t keep falling behind early in games especially on the road like at UT and keep expecting he & Rob to come to the rescue. The guys may say “it matters who’s in at the end” but still when you know you’re better than someone and the coach still starts them over you……you can’t help but be disheartened.

Reactions: sefus12
So you’re ok with bringing up Cal in a thread about who starts on the line up, but when I bring up Cal in a thread discussing a player he recruited onto the line up that’s just way out of bounds.

And you’re implying I’m stupid?

Does your hypocrisy know no bounds?
The other thread was about WHY Askew was rated so highly out of HS and what happened that he never realized that rating. This is about currently who should start on this team. Not sure how that is hard to figure out but yes I think you are a little slow if you are asking.

That’s fine.

Might be better to bring Dillingham off the bench anyway since he likes to pick up silly fouls early in the game.

But there is no reason not to start Sheppard. He plays a lot with Wagner anyway.
Is there a bigger DJ fan on this board than you? Why is it difficult for you to understand that both Dilly and Reed are far superior to DJ Wagner?

Let me see if I understand most of you are basketball coaches. You have just a few games left in the regular season, right? The team chemistry is fantastic, right? The team is starting to play with a lot of heart and effort, right? March madness is right around the corner, right? And if you were coach, you would upset the chemistry of the team, right? And you think you know more the Coach Cal, right? I am way older than most of you on this board, I played for Bob Burrow. When I first joined his team, I thought I knew a lot about basketball. It took about ten minutes of playing against him, not in prime physical shape before I realized that he knew more about the game than I would ever know! (I did not score a point against him) Take a tip from a old timer ..... enjoy the game, enjoy life, stay positive. Life is too short find the bright side and make someone's day better. The Bible teaches us that your mouth is the rudder of your life. Make a change to your life today, start speaking joy, start speaking happiness. Tell your wife, your kid's, your Mom And Dad how they fill you with joy and Love! Then tell your friends...then your neighbors...then tell the people you don't like. Make a change become more like Christ.

It would be nice if Wagner pulled a Gilchrist and told Cal that Sheppard deserves to start. Because he does. He just makes too much difference with the team in all phases. We seem to be a lot better with Sheppard handling the ball also. I like Wagner and he is important to the team. But from what is best from a team standpoint, we need to start faster than we have been.
You would think he would honestly.

Let me see if I understand most of you are basketball coaches. You have just a few games left in the regular season, right? The team chemistry is fantastic, right? The team is starting to play with a lot of heart and effort, right? March madness is right around the corner, right? And if you were coach, you would upset the chemistry of the team, right? And you think you know more the Coach Cal, right? I am way older than most of you on this board, I played for Bob Burrow. When I first joined his team, I thought I knew a lot about basketball. It took about ten minutes of playing against him, not in prime physical shape before I realized that he knew more about the game than I would ever know! (I did not score a point against him) Take a tip from an old timer ..... enjoy the game, enjoy life, stay positive. Life is too short find the bright side and make someone's day better. The Bible teaches us that your mouth is the rudder of your life. Make a change to your life today, start speaking joy, start speaking happiness. Tell your wife, your kid's, your Mom And Dad how they fill you with joy and Love! Then tell your friends...then your neighbors...then tell the people you don't like. Make a change become more like Christ.
Put a sock in it Bob.

That’s fine.

I wouldn't mind that lineup, actually. You don't HAVE to sub in Reed/Rob together every time.

Let me see if I understand most of you are basketball coaches. You have just a few games left in the regular season, right? The team chemistry is fantastic, right? The team is starting to play with a lot of heart and effort, right? March madness is right around the corner, right? And if you were coach, you would upset the chemistry of the team, right? And you think you know more the Coach Cal, right? I am way older than most of you on this board, I played for Bob Burrow. When I first joined his team, I thought I knew a lot about basketball. It took about ten minutes of playing against him, not in prime physical shape before I realized that he knew more about the game than I would ever know! (I did not score a point against him) Take a tip from a old timer ..... enjoy the game, enjoy life, stay positive. Life is too short find the bright side and make someone's day better. The Bible teaches us that your mouth is the rudder of your life. Make a change to your life today, start speaking joy, start speaking happiness. Tell your wife, your kid's, your Mom And Dad how they fill you with joy and Love! Then tell your friends...then your neighbors...then tell the people you don't like. Make a change become more like Christ.
It wouldn't upset team chemistry one could make the argument that it would strengthen it because what guys say publicly isn't always what they say to one another in person. It would show the team that their is no favoritism or bias and that goes a LONG way trust me. It might upset one player on our team (Dj) but that wouldn't outweigh the positive outcome that it would provide for us by not going down 8-10points to start the game.

Ps. I totally agree with you about sharing the love Christ has for us and we all need to be more like him.

Reactions: sefus12 and KFuqua
Insert the mocking face Cal made last night when referring to the fans and TOs ( because he’s doo good with them ??? lol ) imagine me saying “ ITs NoT WhO StARTs ThaT MatTerS “

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT