ADVERTISEMENT

It’s not fair to Reed

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
I understand he loves this state and this program but why pass up a lottery pick? . At the end of the day Reed needs to do what is best for him and not be put into a bad situation. Why should he return? To save Cals legacy? It doesn’t seem fair to me……

There will be so much pressure on him next season if he returns. He will also get the opponents best defender every night.

People won't believe this and I get it but I have heard that Reeds parent had expressed with people at UK that Reeds return was contigent on Cal being shown the door. I don't know how true it is but just wanted to pass it on.

If Reed wants to come back let him come back.... I'm done pushing players to the NBA.

I'm in my selfish era - UK or CYA!

People won't believe this and I get it but I have heard that Reeds parent had expressed with people at UK that Reeds return was contigent on Cal being shown the door. I don't know how true it is but just wanted to pass it on.

Get out of here with that BS unless a credible source says otherwise. This is the kind of stuff mods need to crack down on.

There's no reason this thought/post can't exist in one of the many threads that harbor Reed content already.
The reason is because he’s a shameless attention whore. It’s that simple.

Doesn’t matter that there are already lots of other threads about the same topic. He can’t post his thoughts in those because then people might not know that it’s HIS thread.

What’s not fair exactly? He didn’t have the pressure of being a starter, yet still played himself into a potential lottery pick. Now he gets to be the one to determine his next move. Seems about as fair as it could possibly get

I understand he loves this state and this program but why pass up a lottery pick? . At the end of the day Reed needs to do what is best for him and not be put into a bad situation. Why should he return? To save Cals legacy? It doesn’t seem fair to me……
It's not his responsibility to "save the program".

But it may be in his best interest (financially over the long run) to return for 1 more year, AND it will allow him to be a kid 1 more year and enjoy the college experience.

Reactions: KFuqua
Saving Cal's legacy ? Nobody is / has even suggested that. It will take a hell of a lot more than Reed Sheppard to "save Cal's legacy". Why should he come back ? Oh, I don't know, maybe to work on things that will have him playing in the G-League or worse, not playing much anywhere. IF he goes now, he might get a nice contract, but with the things he needs to get better at, the team who drafts him may not allow him the time to work on them. The NBA more so than ever, the front office people do not give players 2/3 years to get up to speed. If Reed struggles (he will), they will simply discard him and move on to the next prospect. The front office and coaches are under major pressure to win NOW, they will not give a guy (not just Reed) several years to "work it out". No way he can guard nor score on the guards in the league. I love Reed, but he is best suited to come back another year, work on his most negative flaws, then when he is more mature and has had time to work on the stuff he needs to, then he will have a lot better chance at seeing that second (beginning of real money) contract.
While Reed is a very good college player, there are just as many that was as good / better than him that are playing over seas. It might be harsh, but it is the reality of life in the NBA, you either sink,,, or swim. Reed is not ready to swim in the deep end, and I am worried that if he goes before ready, he may never get into the deep end.

In the immortal words of Sturgill Simpson, life ain’t fair and the world is mean.

If he goes I don't blame him at all.
If he stays I hope he knows what he's getting into with the shitshow that's coming.
Either way I wish him nothing but the best.

He won’t get close to the looks that he got this year. Main defenses were on Reeves. They will be on him and unfortunately the supporting cast that we have today won’t even close get it done to succeed

The one thing that is unfair to Reed is the expectations to stay because he "grew up a Kentucky boy and playing at UK is his lifelong dream". that will be placed on him by some of our fans.

Do you have a job? If so, do they know you're on here posting new threads 20-40 times per day?

You have got to be HerrosHeroes in a new handle, although your positivity for Kentucky that was on display in that persona has shifted to a completely different voice. But the new post frequency is identical.

I think Reed has great parents that will help him make the right decision. They certainly know more about all this than I do.

Reactions: KFuqua
Cal's legacy has already been etched in granite ... sorry to say.

I would say he and his family can make that decision. Cals legacy will not and should not be something that is thought about. Reed is actually in a very good situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT