ADVERTISEMENT

If Bradshaw or big z do play soon what exactly do they add

What do big guys bring to teams? Why ever have a big guy? Interior defense, first and foremost. Rebounding. Strength which is the biggest single physical asset in basketball. Higher percentage at the rim. The list goes on and is very long….
every post player is completely different. All the attributes you listed are some that a few bugs have but not all

If you get two of the three back you’ll see what you have the last 6 years.

Onyenso in the lane, Z or Bradshaw at the 4, and he’d be tempted to use Mitchell at the 3.

• Sad
Reactions: NociHTTP
Bradshaw and Ivisic will make a difference if we get to see them play. But it will not be as huge of an impact if Cal tries to force them to post on offense. We need to have them spacing things out still to utilize their whole skillset. Make the opposition pull their bigs to the perimeter. It will open up lanes for our guards.

If the big is a quality player, you sit a worse player. It's not complicated.

That's not exactly what Cal said. He said 1-2 weeks away from being able to start practicing with the team. Regardless of whether he has been doing conditioning, he won't be in basketball condition. I would expect once he starts practicing with the team it will take another 6 months until the NBA combine, but that's just a guess.
Fixed it for you...

If the big is a quality player, you sit a worse player. It's not complicated.
Must be for Cal, because last night the two worst players got more minutes than the two best players in Shep and Dillingham, at least best in last night's game 1st half. Yet he sat them anyway - Dillingham literally right in the middle of his hot streak.

No one illustrates your point better than Anthony Davis.
Honestly Kentucky just need either one them to be like Isaiah Jackson was, maybe add some post up offense every now and then, but if any of the bigs can rebound and block shots at any level close to what Jackson did Kentucky will be fine

Honestly Kentucky just need either one them to be like Isaiah Jackson was, maybe add some post up offense every now and then, but if any of the bigs can rebound and block shots at any level close to what Jackson did Kentucky will be fine
There is something to be said about a guy just putting a body on someone like dick. Slows them down. Helps with rotation. Allows for better weakside help.
I will be shocked if Bradshaw or Z plays.
I think the NCAA will see the end of Z. Bradshaw I expect to see.

No. I love Thiero but he’s a little undersized and doesn’t have Mitchell’s talent. Mitchell is a legit threat from deep Thiero isn’t. If Thiero is 6’8” then Mitchell is 6’10”. He’s more experienced and a better player than theiro at this point. That is what he was brought in for. I love what Thiero brings but in a situation with Bradshaw at the 5 they are going to want to play a wide open style on offense.
Both of them sre dudes. Mitchell is steady and a leader. Thiero is a bsd dude too.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
So....his first game should've been last night? Even not playing full contact yet. That's....that's insane. Zero conditioning? What are you freaking talking about? Did you see the way HD was back riding our guys? Tre and Audo were EXHAUSTED. That's not the game Bradshaw shoud just "hop in"

I agree that was an outrageous thing to say. And he also just can’t say “cal put me in”. Cal definitely would not just put him in

Twitter/"x" post Chris Beasmore(a sea of blue) about Z. "John Calipari says the NCAA has 45 days to make a decision on if a player will be eligible or not." But goes on to say "Also, keep in mind it took the NCAA 59 days to clear UCLA's big man Aday Mara, who also played overseas."

So is it 45 days or not?

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
F_E87EWaEAARYQ4

A good picture and I can look like Brad Pitt. Doesn't make it true though.
Go to the next game and tell me he's not skinny as heck.

Twitter/"x" post Chris Beasmore(a sea of blue) about Z. "John Calipari says the NCAA has 45 days to make a decision on if a player will be eligible or not." But goes on to say "Also, keep in mind it took the NCAA 59 days to clear UCLA's big man Aday Mara, who also played overseas."

So is it 45 days or not?
You...you think the NCAA plays even by its own rules? They do whatever the hell they feel like.

Bradshaw and Ivisic will make a difference if we get to see them play. But it will not be as huge of an impact if Cal tries to force them to post on offense. We need to have them spacing things out still to utilize their whole skillset. Make the opposition pull their bigs to the perimeter. It will open up lanes for our guards.
I look for Dj to start hitting some of those layups

Reactions: bbncal02
You...you think the NCAA plays even by its own rules? They do whatever the hell they feel

You...you think the NCAA plays even by its own rules? They do whatever the hell

Oh I get it. But this one's not on Cal or UK.....although it kinda is on UK for dragging their ass to get him here.

Z will play as soon as we get the green light.
Hope so. I made a new account(old email add, haven't posted in awhile) after watching that game. Just kept thinking this is probably a double digit win(coaching or not) with him on the floor imo. Came close without him. Little demoralizing when you know that one piece is sitting RIGHT THERE ON THE BENCH. Agree...UK dragging their feet. Would have loved that win though.

45 days is the time NCAA quotes usually, that means anytime between 11/18 and 11/24ish.

If Z ain't playing by Miami or isn't eligible by Miami, we have issues and the NCAA is screwing us again.
You said UK was dragging its ass. What were they doing or not doing? And when were they doing or not doing it?

You said UK was dragging its ass. What were they doing or not doing? And when were they doing or not doing it?
The admissions process that took a freaking month. NCAA cannot declare full eligibility until and athlete is enrolled. So that put 30+ days behind starting the eligibility process.

Going on the 4th game and Z hasnt been cleared. Its complete bullshit. Theyve basically suspended him for 3 games so far. Watch, after the 5th game, he'll miraculously be cleared to play.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I think it had something to do with making sure his English was up to par. Although he speaks 4 languages, including english.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT