ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Bevin sent adopted son to facility in Jamaica that abused him. Never picked him up after it's shut down.

TucsonCat

Sophomore
Sep 10, 2022
Story was written two weeks ago. Started getting passed around twitter yesterday.
Awful story about teen home in Jamaica that flat out tortured kids.

• Wow
Reactions: AustinTXCat
But he was such a good family man
Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

Reactions: GeraldV
Irrelevant Data:

Matt Bevin's middle name? Griswold

So, National Lampoon's Dysfunctional Family

Somehow got sucked into reading that whole article. What a crazy industry and tragedy - and how insane that there is an industry like this. Amazing what human beings will do to one another for money.

1. Sending your kid to a third world country to "get help" is a terrible move.
  2. I'm calling BS about some things in this article. For example, there is no way that a kid was forced to lie on his stomach for 18 months straight (with 10 minute breaks every hour to stretch). First of all, who is going to sit there with a kid 24-hours a day to time his breaks and make sure he's doing it. Secondly, this would be flat out torture which would make the kid go insane.

1. Sending your kid to a third world country to "get help" is a terrible move.

saddest thing for me was the fact that the parents were basically getting rid of their kids, lots of them adopted with the parents changing their minds and realizing they didn’t want the kids. The potato farmer mom in that article can go to hell.

Somehow got sucked into reading that whole article. What a crazy industry and tragedy - and how insane that there is an industry like this. Amazing what human beings will do to one another for money.
The Program on Netflix. Disgusting what they did to those kids. Not getting into details but I know someone who was there. Pisses me off these places exist.

• Sad
Reactions: Ron Mehico
Horrendous governor, Matt Bevin did horrendous thing? To say I'm shocked would be a lie. So glad Beshear won.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT