ADVERTISEMENT

I thought streaming was supposed to save money

Catfanlou

Sophomore
Oct 30, 2014
I get direct TV streaming and include HBO max ESPN for $140 per month . Then I subscribe to Hulu, Paramount plus , Apple TV , Amazon prime all for about $12 each per month . Trying to figure where the savings are . Now to see UK play a baseball game they want me to subscribe to ESPN plus for a hundred bucks a year .
Am I doing something wrong ?

Reactions: hmt5000 and CGblue
I get direct TV streaming and include HBO max ESPN for $140 per month . Then I subscribe to Hulu, Paramount plus , Apple TV , Amazon prime all for about $12 each per month . Trying to figure where the savings are . Now to see UK play a baseball game they want me to subscribe to ESPN plus for a hundred bucks a year .
It's called gotcha.

Keep direct TV streaming drop everything else including movie channels. If you're using something with an android based os(fire tv stick/box) install cinemahd(aka cinema free) or filmplus...or both. You can use a VPN, but as far as I know, there's laws against downloading pirated material, but none against streaming it. Also kodi is an option.

Keep direct TV streaming drop everything else including movie channels. If you're using something with an android based os(fire tv stick/box) install cinemahd(aka cinema free) or filmplus...or both. You can use a VPN, but as far as I know, there's laws against downloading pirated material, but none against streaming it. Also kodi is an option.
Lol no one is getting arrested for downloading movies.

You can't watch all those at once, get one for 3 months, then dump it and get another.

Reactions: TM2013
I have YouTube Tv , Max , Netflix, Hulu ( includes ESPN plus) , Disney , paramount+, Apple TV, and peacock. When I started streaming and cut the cord a few years ago everything was cheaper. Now everything has gone up so to be honest I don’t know what would be the best option anymore.

Reactions: CatsDomain
Animation Tighten GIF by Reuben Armstrong

Reactions: Short-Dawg-69
I find myself listening to more games on the radio. Not cause I’m cheap (although I’m not made of money) but because the lack of value in so many things nowadays disgusts me.

Also, It’s relaxing/recharging to not stare at another screen for a couple hours.
There's just something about listening to a sporting event on radio. I like to picture game action in my head. In the boat fishing or hanging around camp is the best time. For me anyway.

Reactions: CGblue
There's just something about listening to a sporting event on radio. I like to picture game action in my head. In the boat fishing or hanging around camp is the best time. For me anyway.
I work second shift now and listen to a lot of the games on the radio. I do enjoy it actually.

Reactions: CGblue
I use an IPTV service and get pretty much everything for 13 bucks a month total on 3 devices. Might be cheaper options out there but I've been doing this for 3 years and this works great for me. I get all of the USA channels, NFL game pass, MLB extra innings, NBA Pass, NHL center ice, Canada channels, United Kingdom channels, Sky Cinema, All the moive channels. 6 epix channels, 12 Cinemax channels, 19 HBO's, 26 Showtimes, 40 Starz, all the News and Weather Stations you could think of, All of the fox sports channels, all of the ESPN's including ESPN plus, TSN channels, NBC Sports Channels, Sportsnet, BTsports, Pac12, SEC, Big TEN, ACC networks, Sky sports, ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CW local channels, Nascar, Espanol Channels, Rogers TV supersport, all the Pay Per Views, Music channels, Bein Sports, Pluto TV, PBS channels, NCAA Football channels (every game you could possibly want to see), Peacock TV channels, WNBA, FloRacing, Kids TV, Bally Sports, UNIMas. There are so many dang channels that you really need to set your favorites. So I have a bunch programed in and I just use the favorite section most of the time unless there is a specific event I want to see on another channel.

Yes you are doing it wrong. I pay for HBO, Peacock, Disney/Hulu/ESPN and Mom pays for Apple TV, Paramount & Netflix. We share everything between us besides Amazon because we both have Prime. What is Direct TV streaming? Sounds like cable by a different name. There’s nothing on cable I watch besides sports and the streaming apps cover more and more every year. I fill in the gaps with Streameast/Methstreams/Crackstreams/YouTube. So I’m paying like $50-$60/month I guess and it’s basically unlimited content. And that’s including paying for Prime which absolutely pays for itself, especially if you have a baby or a toddler like I do, the streaming app that comes along with it is probably the least used, but they do have NFL games during the season, I think they’re the streamer for TNF if I’m not mistaken.

Last edited:
Reactions: ukfan1622
It does save money. You're just making bad choices.

I have YouTube Tv , Max , Netflix, Hulu ( includes ESPN plus) , Disney , paramount+, Apple TV, and peacock. When I started streaming and cut the cord a few years ago everything was cheaper. Now everything has gone up so to be honest I don’t know what would be the best option anymore.
Drop YTTV after the NCAAT. Why would you need live tv after sports are over? Try one of the FAST services like Pluto, Tubi or Roku Channel if you want a live tv service for free. Oh, and get yourself an antenna if you don't have one. A lot of good, free stuff OTA.

As far as the other services just pay for one, binge what you want for a month and then switch to another. No need to have all of them at the same time as there's no way you can watch that much material.

I have YouTube TV, max, Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and my wife keeps hassling me to get Apple TV. I have spectrum for internet and my total bill is 95 dollars plus 50 for internet so about 150 a month. I had Dish for 9 years, called every year to complain and get my bill reduced and by the end of my 9 years my Dish bill was around 150. I also had Netflix, Max, Disney, and Hulu plus internet. And with it being a dish if it was storming real bad my TV would go out. So I’d say I’m saving about 75 bucks a month from when I had Dish. I expect it to keep getting more expensive and eventually I’ll be paying 200+ a month to watch TV. At the end of the day these giant billion dollar multimedia conglomerates will get their money.

Reactions: blubo
I use an IPTV service and get pretty much everything for 13 bucks a month total on 3 devices. Might be cheaper options out there but I've been doing this for 3 years and this works great for me. I get all of the USA channels, NFL game pass, MLB extra innings, NBA Pass, NHL center ice, Canada channels, United Kingdom channels, Sky Cinema, All the moive channels. 6 epix channels, 12 Cinemax channels, 19 HBO's, 26 Showtimes, 40 Starz, all the News and Weather Stations you could think of, All of the fox sports channels, all of the ESPN's including ESPN plus, TSN channels, NBC Sports Channels, Sportsnet, BTsports, Pac12, SEC, Big TEN, ACC networks, Sky sports, ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CW local channels, Nascar, Espanol Channels, Rogers TV supersport, all the Pay Per Views, Music channels, Bein Sports, Pluto TV, PBS channels, NCAA Football channels (every game you could possibly want to see), Peacock TV channels, WNBA, FloRacing, Kids TV, Bally Sports, UNIMas. There are so many dang channels that you really need to set your favorites. So I have a bunch programed in and I just use the favorite section most of the time unless there is a specific event I want to see on another channel.

How do i sign up for IPTV service you mentioned?
Any tips?

This is what I do and I get all the PPV events as well but I pay $20 a month on 3 devices.

My friend uses some kind of streaming service that he says is no longer available. But i think it still is. He pays like $10 a month per device and has over 11,000 stations. I was watching it with him and it’s true . Has availability to every station , sports package, whatever.
Some Tech guru hooked it up for him.
There is no guide available, just the stations to scroll through. So you have to look around, find out what you want to watch, then select genre’s to find the station. Called Freeze something or other.

How do i sign up for IPTV service you mentioned?
Any tips?
Sending you a DM. My tip would be to run it on a TIVO Stream 4k stick and use a VPN on your router. I started out with a Firestick then tried the latest and greatest firestick but this specific service just didn't work well on them. One of my buddies at work put it on a TIVO Stream 4k stick and it worked flawlessly. So that is what everyone who we have told uses now. Also you need good internet. My cell phone provider offered fiber internet bundled with cell phone in my area. I've got unlimited 1gig fiber internet and cell phone bundled for like 110 per month. But you really don't need that fast of internet to get it to work. I have a few friends that run it on less than 50 megs.

Last edited:
Can you record anything?

I know someone that just typed in Iptv in search bar of alibaba and got like probably almost every channel in the world, including all the sports channels for around $20 for 6 months. Downsides I noticed was couldn’t record anything and stream freezes way more than YouTube tv or Hulu unless you have really fast internet

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT