ADVERTISEMENT

I thought streaming was supposed to save money

I have a free real debrid account. Never tried premium. Does it make a difference with iptv channels in kodi?

Edit: I have the crew addon. Lots of iptv streams. some of them work well, but buffering is an issue.
For me, premium made a world of difference and so low cost it’s worth it. I started for just a month subscription, then saw it was worth going to 3 or 6 months and renew.

I have the Crew add in as well. I usually start with Cinema just because I like the interface if I’m looking for a movie to watch, since it has more of a preview than Crew. However if I’m searching for a specific movie or show, I may start with Cinema and switch over to Crew if I can’t find it there.
Cool, thanks!

For me, premium made a world of difference and so low cost it’s worth it. I started for just a month subscription, then saw it was worth going to 3 or 6 months and renew.
Yeah. Did some reading. Not sure it'll help much with iptv streams, but it might. sounds like it makes a difference with everthing else. $9 for 3 months is worth a try. Thanks.

ESPN+ is tremendous if you’re an all-around sports freak. Bunch of college events across A LOT of sports, 3/4 tennis majors, PGA Tour Live, Masters, PGA, etc., a lot of European football, and mean tattooed guys fighting in an octagon/ring just to name a few.

Yeah. Did some reading. Not sure it'll help much with iptv streams, but it might. sounds like it makes a difference with everthing else. $9 for 3 months is worth a try. Thanks.
Yeah, Real Debrid is only good for non live streams, it’s not for IPTV. I used to have a few good IPTV streams, one through the Crew add on, but it got shut down.

Reactions: Jack2936
Yes, real-debrid doesn't do anything for live streams/broadcasts. Might be beneficial for movies and recorded tv shows.
Seems to depend on the build and add-ons utilized.
I've used rd in the past, but haven't needed it in quite a while.
YMMV of course...

I think the platform my son uses for all of his pirating is CatchOn TV or something like that. All of them freeze / buffer from time to time.

For some of these platforms you gotta check if other things you are subscribed to give you free subscriptions to things. Like I have WalMart+ and that gives me free Paramount. I have Cricket for a phone bill and that gives me free HBO Max.

As someone else said, ESPN+ is a good value depending on what you watch. I used it for WKU basketball games, college baseball/women's softball, PGA TOUR Live, and the NHL put its version of NHL TV on there so that works great too.

I get direct TV streaming and include HBO max ESPN for $140 per month . Then I subscribe to Hulu, Paramount plus , Apple TV , Amazon prime all for about $12 each per month . Trying to figure where the savings are . Now to see UK play a baseball game they want me to subscribe to ESPN plus for a hundred bucks a year .
Am I doing something wrong ?
It’s only cheaper “if you know a guy”. To
many companies made a living out of ads. Even Amazon and Twitch are covered in ads now.

I put DTV on a 3 month summer hold and switched to YouTube TV since my favorite sports aren't on. Saving a bunch of money these 3 months. I like it and would switch BUT there is one issue and it's stopping me. I can watch the Youtube app on my Samsung smart TV, no problem. All is perfect. BUT I can't listen to surround sound that way. So I got an Amazon Firestick and plugged it into the back of my Denon reciever and added the Youtube TV app to Fire TV and it works fine with my TV and surround sound BUT the picture is not great. So I went to switch my Samsung TV picture settings to the same as they normally are and the ones such as "color" and "movie" setting are greyed out. I can't set the picture the way I want it. Deal breaker and frustrating.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Just went through day 2 of T-Mobile internet and it's been flawless as far as I can tell. Just had 267 down and 14 up with a 21 ping. So far so good. Saving me like $35 a month. Plus I'll get a $200 gift card in a couple of months.

Alright, @RunninRichie, rather than your usual antagonizing, wimpy little laughing emoji…….what’s the solution? And no closing apps in the background doesn’t help. Nothing you Google will work. I’ve had 2 avr installers that couldn’t figure it out so I know you have no clue. The receiver is nowhere near the TV. Yes, you can change the TV display settings when using the YouTube TV app on the smart TV without the firestick, but then you can’t listen to surround sound from the kitchen ceiling speakers, deck ceiling speakers, etc. without the firstick, so that does me no good only being able to listen through the TV speaker when not using the firestick. I can with DTV. The firestick TV settings don’t help. But no worries, DTV will be back on come September. I’ve also tried a Roku box and a Google Chromecast box as well as Apple TV…..same issue.

Actually no need to respond as I won’t read it since you think stealing TV service is way to go. The irony of better call Saul telling 2 people- one a thief and a the other confirmed that he has no respect for the elderly….. that I was the lowlife. LMAO! What a shat show.

DTV interface suits ne better than the Youtube TV interface, so glad to do the experiment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Alright, @RunninRichie, rather than your usual antagonizing, wimpy little laughing emoji…….what’s the solution? And no closing apps in the background doesn’t help. Nothing you Google will work. I’ve had 2 avr installers that couldn’t figure it out so I know you have no clue. The receiver is nowhere near the TV. Yes, you can change the TV display settings when using the YouTube TV app on the smart TV without the firestick, but then you can’t listen to surround sound from the kitchen ceiling speakers, deck ceiling speakers, etc. without the firstick, so that does me no good only being able to listen through the TV speaker when not using the firestick. I can with DTV. The firestick TV settings don’t help. But no worries, DTV will be back on come September. I’ve also tried a Roku box and a Google Chromecast box as well as Apple TV…..same issue.

Actually no need to respond as I won’t read it since you think stealing TV service is way to go. The irony of better call Saul telling 2 people- one a thief and a the other confirmed that he has no respect for the elderly….. that I was the lowlife. LMAO! What a shat show.

YouTube TV interface is trash compared to DirecTV interface so glad to do the experiment.
Lol what are you stealing? Imagine simping for corporations. The solution is this.

ESPN+ is tremendous if you’re an all-around sports freak. Bunch of college events across A LOT of sports, 3/4 tennis majors, PGA Tour Live, Masters, PGA, etc., a lot of European football, and mean tattooed guys fighting in an octagon/ring just to name a few.

Agree. KY Baseball alone has already paid for a year’s worth of ESPN +. I think they grandfather you in on your starting cost and it goes up yearly, so it might be wise to get in and stay in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT