ADVERTISEMENT

I still refuse to believe the grifting POS will coach Kentucky next season

Anyone else still in total denial that the Kentucky administration can actually be this stupid
Modern Family No GIF by ABC Network

Anyone else still in total denial that the Kentucky administration can actually be this stupid
It seems like yesterday when the team was looking so good in the pre-season and my hopes were off the charts. Even the loss to Kansas seemed to be positive. Then it all started to unravel! No, I can't believe what has happened/is happening to the UK program. I'm still in shock I guess.

Reactions: bIhawk and TM2013
I stated in another thread that if this offseason goes the way it started (losing Theiro) and we hardly return anyone of value and strike out in the portal, I could see cal negotiating a buyout and walking away. He knows he needs talent and if he doesn’t get it I can’t see him sticking around and taking the abuse he will get from fans next year while we have a .500 season. It will get ugly in Lexington next season.

Might as well accept it. Mitch and Cal are hellbent on running our historic program into the dirt. Mitch is in denial, thinking he can just smooth it over again with the prayer that Cal pulls a really good season out of his rear. My only hope that was some program would pander to Cal's ego enough so that he would leave thinking he would show us. Unfortunately, I don't think there is another AD out their willing to pay out what Cal wants for what he produces. Accept one of course. Our special little guy.

Your statement about the UK administration is easily believable considering the top athletic administrator is the same official that hired Joker Phillips and BCG, the two coaches that almost destroyed UK athletics. Also, If I remember correctly Barnhart had Billy spend the weekend in his home in an effort to convince him to accept the UK head coaching position. Even after observing Gillespie for an entire weekend Mitch still hired him. That is very revealing about his lack of perception and judgement, essential skills required for any leadership position.
The Cal and Mitch "love in" Wednesday conjured up a vision of a couple of giddy teenage girls who were nervously giggling inappropriately about a very serious matter they didn't understand. If the UK president and athletic board are ultimately responsible for these two hires then its obvious they suffer from a "bad helmet" and need to be replaced!

• Wow
Reactions: TM2013 and Fox2monk
Why’s he a grifter? I know that one of the talking heads said that and now folks are running with it. It’s not like he’s selling Avon to us or something

I stated in another thread that if this offseason goes the way it started (losing Theiro) and we hardly return anyone of value and strike out in the portal, I could see cal negotiating a buyout and walking away. He knows he needs talent and if he doesn’t get it I can’t see him sticking around and taking the abuse he will get from fans next year while we have a .500 season. It will get ugly in Lexington next season.
Why would he be negotiating a buyout for having a bad season when he gets paid it all if he's fired.

Reactions: cathouse
Why would he be negotiating a buyout for having a bad season when he gets paid it all if he's fired.
Ego. Knowing he will have a team that he cannot succeed with and a fanbase that is already sitting on a powder keg just waiting to explode on him may be too much for his ego to bear. Cal already has generational money, getting ran out of Lexington is not how he wants to go out.

I believe next year, things will change, Cal realizes his misstep and will immediately respond appropriately. I would bet anything, he’s madder than a wet hen at the moment, he wants to prove to himself and everyone else that he still has it. Next year, after the culmination of number nine, you jackasses will be lining up to apologize for your insolence…remember this post.

Ego. Knowing he will have a team that he cannot succeed with and a fanbase that is already sitting on a powder keg just waiting to explode on him may be too much for his ego to bear. Cal already has generational money, getting ran out of Lexington is not how he wants to go out.
That's why I don't get this. He could slide out of town right now and save a ton of embarassment. I think if the entire roster turns over, he could take another job and leave like Tubby did. I just can't imagine him wanting to deal with being booed at Rupp and basically run out of town, which is very possible by mid-next season.

I totally expect him to be here, but man it could get ugly.

I believe next year, things will change, Cal realizes his misstep and will immediately respond appropriately. I would bet anything, he’s madder than a wet hen at the moment, he wants to prove to himself and everyone else that he still has it. Next year, after the culmination of number nine, you jackasses will be lining up to apologize for your insolence…remember this post.

Surely you don't think anybody's buying that way too obvious sarcasm.

Your statement about the UK administration is easily believable considering the top athletic administrator is the same official that hired Joker Phillips and BCG, the two coaches that almost destroyed UK athletics. Also, If I remember correctly Barnhart had Billy spend the weekend in his home in an effort to convince him to accept the UK head coaching position. Even after observing Gillespie for an entire weekend Mitch still hired him. That is very revealing about his lack of perception and judgement, essential skills required for any leadership position.
The Cal and Mitch "love in" Wednesday conjured up a vision of a couple of giddy teenage girls who were nervously giggling inappropriately about a very serious matter they didn't understand. If the UK president and athletic board are ultimately responsible for these two hires then its obvious they suffer from a "bad helmet" and need to be replaced!
Mitch had Billy G stay the weekend with him and he couldn’t tell that he was a drunk?

Reactions: TM2013
This is plausible. I think there's a shitstorm coming none of the administration can see.

Cal’s way too smug to think he’s the problem. I bet in his mind he still thinks he had the best team. They just caught a bad break with a hot hand shooting threes. If he was being honest he probably would tell you he wouldn’t change a thing.

He’s going to say what he thinks the BBN wants to hear so they still show up. But he’s not going to let his prized Freshmen sit the bench. He’ll go after a couple of portal players but will get turned down and have to settle for role players because they know what Cal’s MO is.

UqtkGuNa81I9z4FxhpIatjpH6V12DCvVS8e38Q0BkROdlLdnGkMQPe5c6UrsBhbvJ4ep0wejqz6-7ulQ4pq5fM6iQL-MzhEjL2dRJPprqIFrqBhUMOFSJPHQVq_wyGFSsb3RBXXmQ0SJmnZvlpjgmSSVykUS

• Haha
Reactions: Wildcatjedi
I’m expecting the entire roster to bail. It’s crossed my mind that perhaps he throws his hands up and walks away when that becomes apparent to him. We’d be in a world of hurt short-term depending on when that hypothetical scenario took place in relation to getting portal guys to fill the team back out, but I’ll take some immediate pain for long-term gain. I consider next season a lost one with or without him anyway. Rather be building toward a future than a feeble attempt at Cal’s “last ride”.

What will happen when we lose three home games in a row and 20,000 fans are chanting “fire Cal “ . Won’t be a good look for MB or the administration. National press will eat it up.

I will never boo a player but Cal deserves every boo he gets .

Note he has failed to say he won’t play his prized freshmen over more experienced players even if we get them.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT