ADVERTISEMENT

I know nothing about womens BB, but is it me or does Kim Mulkey seem like a very unpleasant person to anyone else ?

A lot of these big time program coaches are similar - Boeheim, Pitino, Coach K, Bobby Knight, Dawn Staley, etc….

Reactions: MakinMusic
I kinda like her (or at least don’t hate her) if for no other reason than the mainstream media hates her. Usually the opposite of whatever the mainstream media says is accurate.

But yeah. She’s kinda unpleasant. I see what you’re saying.
There are enough direct quotes from her out there where you don't have to rely on "the mainstream media" to see what type of person she is.

For example, she basically dismissed the systemic rape scandal at Baylor as not big deal and thinks anyone who would be concerned about sending their own daughter to the school should be "knocked in the face."

Kim Mulkey is an absolutely asshole and a horrible person.
But ... but ... but tell that to the guy here yesterday who said he'd love to motorboat her into pregnancy. She looks like Rick Barnes' twin sister.

Womens Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA Championships

There are enough direct quotes from her out there where you don't have to rely on "the mainstream media" to see what type of person she is.

For example, she basically dismissed the systemic rape scandal at Baylor as not big deal and thinks anyone who would be concerned about sending their own daughter to the school should be "knocked in the face."

No need to put mainstream media in quotations. That was weird and a bit telling (with all due respect).

Secondly you’re doing the same.

She basically was saying it was dumb to not want anyone to ever send their kids to Baylor again because football players were caught sexually assaulting women. Which is horrific. Truly horrific. But guess what? Happens at colleges all over the country unfortunately. Which she stated.

She later walked back her statement of “knocking them in the face” (as she should). But as always with the mainstream media they take things out of context.

When people get mad at their kids or spouse and say “omG i could kill ‘em!” Do they actually mean they want to kill them? No- they don’t. Cmon man you know better than that.

Have you not every heard of folks saying ridiculous things that aren’t to be taken literally?

Do you really think a pioneer in women’s sports thinks parents or whoever should be punched in the face for not sending their kids to Baylor? Do you truly think this woman doesn’t care about women getting raped?

Sounds a bit like mansplaining eh? 😉

There are other reasons to dislike her but falling in hook line and sinker to these stories the “mainstream media” (as you quoted) push is absurd.

There are other reasons the media and the like dislike her.

I don’t mean any of this combatively of course. You’re a good poster.

She seems very unpleasant. But I don't know about her off the court. Kinda seems like a dick though. In fact, if I were a woman, I'd say that she has a punchable face. I can say that, cause have a punchable face.

• Haha
Reactions: bIhawk
Can anyone confirm if she removed her team from the court for the National Anthem?
She said she didn't but they did it last year in the final four. I have a feeling a few if not all of them were going to kneel and rather than have people see that, she just told them all to get off the court. Seems like she's in a no-win situation if some were going to kneel.

She said she didn't but they did it last year in the final four. I have a feeling a few if not all of them were going to kneel and rather than have people see that, she just told them all to get off the court. Seems like she's in a no-win situation if some were going to kneel.
It really is the only option if that's what happened, or was going to happen. I believe the Steelers were doing the same thing.

Or, you could just be an adult about and fake a little resect for two min. Plenty of personal social media to spread your ish on your own time. You don't do that on company time.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
It really is the only option if that's what happened, or was going to happen. I believe the Steelers were doing the same thing.

Or, you could just be an adult about and fake a little resect for two min. Plenty of personal social media to spread your ish on your own time. You don't do that on company time.

I hear ya. You'd think these kids would figure it out after what happened to Brittany Griner but most of them are young and dumb and are looking for any opportunity to light up social media. Being pictured kneeling would have done it.

Reactions: bIhawk and ruppcat
I hear ya. You'd think these kids would figure it out after what happened to Brittany Griner but most of them are young and dumb and are looking for any opportunity to light up social media. Being pictured kneeling would have done it.
You’re inventing something out of thin air to be outraged over lol. According to those who cover the team, LSU hasn’t been on the court for the anthem since Mulkey has been there. So they didn’t do anything that wasn’t atypical for them.

Dumb ass, i already said that they haven’t gone out for the anthem since Mulkey has been coach lol. Last night was nothing atypical for them. If it was such a big problem people would have been outraged years ago. But nope, not a peep until last night.

Dumb ass, i already said that they haven’t gone out for the anthem since Mulkey has been coach lol. Last night was nothing atypical for them. If it was such a big problem people would have been outraged years ago. But nope, not a peep until last night

Your poor thing. Resorting to name calling because you know you made yourself look stupid. Do you live in that Armpit California? That would explain it all.

For the last time, they are losers that kneel so she's kept them in the Locker Room. Glad the losers lost. That's what they get for being kneeling losers.

Muted. No time for name-calling.

Last edited:
Reactions: bIhawk and dezyDeco
Your poor thing. Resorting to name calling because you know you made yourself look stupid. Do you live in that Armpit California? That would explain it all.

For the last time, they are losers that kneel so she's kept them in the Locker Room. Glad the losers lost. That's what they get for being kneeling losers.

Muted. No time for name-calling.
Lmao. California is a nice state. I won’t go back to Kentucky to live but I understand, some hillbillies can’t handle the city.

Lmao. California is a nice state. I won’t go back to Kentucky to live but I understand, some hillbillies can’t handle the city.
I don't live in Kentucky. But by all means, keep on insulting the state if that makes you feel better about yourself. California is a trash dump run by complete idiots.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT