ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Stoops doesn’t know how to use a new iPhone or Apple Watch??

Oct 31, 2023
Anyone else troubled by this? Reporting via KSR:

The Kentucky head coach is among the many coaches who claim they don’t read what their critics are saying online. Stoops took it a step farther during Monday’s press conference.

“About six months ago or five months, I don’t know, I got a new phone. I don’t know how to work it no more. I don’t, I swear I don’t.”

He may not know how it works, but I’m pretty sure he knows that Twitter underwent a rebrand.

“I don’t know how to work X so it’s kind of a good thing for me. I don’t see a damn thing. So I just got this (Apple Watch) because I had to make sure my ticker was working right last week. But I don’t know how to use that, so I really don’t pay no mind to it.”

I can understand the “we don’t read the press clippings” coach speak, but I’m really bothered by the fact that he doesn’t seem able to adapt to minor changes in technology. If he cant use a phone, does this affect our recruiting? Does it affect his ability to use technology when it comes to game planning, metrics, etc? Can he use an iPad or excel?

Is he just finally feeling a little pressure and stumbling around his excuses like some sort of dullard? This is such a stupid lie and reeks of inner helpless desperation.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
If he’s smart he will ignore everything. But he’s using some coach speak here. You can’t recruit kids and not know how to use an iPhone.

Other people operate these accounts and communicate with recruits. Cal and Stoops get on the phone and go in person when needed but they aren't texting recruits waaas up at midnight on a Tuesday night.

Wasn't Stoops in-person recruiting schtick showing up to recruit's houses in expensive vehicles?
That's what the kids see when they see Stoops. They don't see him on Snap or making YouTube videos.

"I don’t know how to work it no more. I don’t, I swear I don’t.”

Good grief.

8.6 million freaking dollars, doesn't know how to use a phone? He is surrounded literally by people that know and use them...still doesn't know how? His kids no doubt are experts on them, but he "don't know how to work it no more".

Maybe he should check with Vince Marrow, who doesn't understand how to us spell-check - after all he's a "groan" man.

• Haha
Reactions: ManitouDan
Good grief.

8.6 million freaking dollars, doesn't know how to use a phone? He is surrounded literally by people that know and use them...still doesn't know how? His kids no doubt are experts on them, but he "don't know how to work it no more".

Maybe he should check with Vince Marrow, who doesn't understand how to us spell-check - after all he's a "groan" man.
Alot of people know how to operate technology but many have no clue how to balance a bank account, add oil and water to a car and make change without the help of a register.

Stoops could probably handle this watch, at least on offense...

mm.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: CUJO_1970
A boomer here too. I am sure CMS can text and call on his phone. Had an apple watch never figured out all the workings. But when Tech goes down, I know how to hunt, fish and grow plants.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
This is kind of a tangent, but I'm not overly sure how to use Apple products either. I haven't had one in over 15 years and never intend to buy one. But that doesn't mean I don't understand how to use tech.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT